PDA

View Full Version : Didnt realize....

The"Q"
12-28-2002, 07:23 PM
My brother and father came over christmas day and were playing my xbox. dad asked me how i got the picture so clear and crisp. i told him i just hooked it and wham thats what it looked like. They just got a ps2 for christmas and said it didnt look nearly as good as mine did. so today i went over to see what was wrong.i couldnt find where there was anything wrong with the hooking up and the picture is so fuzzy compared to the xbox. I dont know what is causing this or if it is a normal ps2 graphics issue but am sure glad now that 4 months ago when i decided to give up pc gaming and go the console route i chose xbox over ps2 or i would have definatly been back to pc gaming.

Later

OuFtb
12-28-2002, 07:39 PM
All I know is PS2 graphics suck and I am glad I did not chose PS2 over Xbox for that resone

bbchs_trash
12-28-2002, 07:42 PM
Fanboys... :(

It's too bad that the two of you are worthless. Just because you don't have one doesn't mean you need to rag on it. Tampons are made for that... Kotex too ya' ass.

Proud owner of the Platinum Gamecube, a PS2, and good ol' Xbox Sneak. You guys are a couple of suckers. Save some money and make everyone a bit happier because you sure are missing out on some good games. Graphics don't make the game ass... cough*Wreckless*cough...

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 08:23 PM
I wished I had a platnium Gamecube because I'm tired of the color black on my videogame systems. I prefer gray systems.

I own a Playstation 2 and I think it's all right. I like the selection of games, but not many games appeal to my liking too much like GTA Vice City, GT3, TM Black, Kingdom Hearts, and Socom. The main reason my Playstation 2 isn't doing well is mainly because of my horrible experience I had with the system. I had trouuble finding the system at launch, I was giving my family trouble by making them go out of their way looking for the system for me. I offered to pay one of my friends $100 if they see the system somewhere and I end up buying it. I finally got one and was disappointed in the games and graphics. I sold it and continued to support my Dreamcast. I re-purchased the system when the price dropped because I really wanted to play FFX and a few other games. I turned out to not like FFX very much but I did find a few other games that I did kind of like. Because of all that has happened with me on the system, I have a hard time liking games on it and respecting the system because I fell into the hype and was disappointed. That is why when I hear someone say how Playstation 2 is much better than Xbox, I will go off on them like the Babbages employee I talked about before. I was able to get an Xbox at launch and I've been very pleased with it the whole time. I really don't care much about buying Playstation 2 games. The only time I really want to buy a game is if it's something I would never be able to get on Xbox like Ratchet & Clank and Guilty Gear X.

Sorry for my long post. I just really wanted to tell someone this because it has bothered me for a long time. I'm sorry if I made a few Playstation fans angry at what I had to say.

The"Q"
12-28-2002, 08:33 PM
I wasnt trying to bash the PS2 I was just wandering if there is that much of a difference between the 2 graphics wise

OuFtb
12-28-2002, 08:46 PM
All i ment was I was glad I did not get a PS2, because I only have money for one, and graphics are important to me, I like the game to real good, and I will add this the PS2 is a good system and is worth the money, I have played it.

Kortiz
12-28-2002, 09:11 PM
lol bbchs_trash.....you dyke.....such your damned pie hole and eat donkeypoo

he didnt once say he didnt like the ps2.......what is wrong with being happy with a purchase you make? 200bucks may not be so hefty to you but not a lot of people have the money to buy what ever the **** they god damned want...

you are from across seas right? i knew it

go brush your teeth

LTM360
12-28-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by OuFtb
...and I will add this the PS2 is a good system and is worth the money, I have played it.

The PS2's games are good, the system itself is trash, if you own a PS2 (like I do), you know what im talking about. This might be hard to belive but I cannot play Contra: Shattered Soldier unless my PS2 is standing! If it's lying horizontally it will not play..."Disk Read Error." Only if its vertical it will load, that's the only way. The PS2 is of horrible quality, and nobody can deny that. I like my PS2's games, but I hate the PS2 system.

OuFtb
12-28-2002, 09:18 PM
I don't own a PS2 but that does sound kind of bad, I never heard that the PS2 did that.

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by LTM360

The PS2's games are good, the system itself is trash, if you own a PS2 (like I do), you know what im talking about. This might be hard to belive but I cannot play Contra: Shattered Soldier unless my PS2 is standing! If it's lying horizontally it will not play..."Disk Read Error." Only if its vertical it will load, that's the only way. The PS2 is of horrible quality, and nobody can deny that. I like my PS2's games, but I hate the PS2 system. I hate the system itself also. I hate turning the system on and witching disc. I also hate playing CD games because they are so loud.:mad:

ARONO129
12-28-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash

It's too bad that the two of you are worthless. Just because you don't have one doesn't mean you need to rag on it. Tampons are made for that... Kotex too ya' ass.

Proud owner of the Platinum Gamecube, a PS2, and good ol' Xbox Sneak. You guys are a couple of suckers. Save some money and make everyone a bit happier because you sure are missing out on some good games. Graphics don't make the game ass... cough*Wreckless*cough...

So if graphics aren't important why aren't you playing Atari? The rest of what you said didn't make much sense so I won't comment on it.

BTW Fanboy is the most overused meaningless term used today. If you live in Chicago and you are a Cubs fan are you a fanboy. If you like Hitachi TV's better than the competition are you a fanboy?

ARONO129
12-28-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by The"Q"
My brother and father came over christmas day and were playing my xbox. dad asked me how i got the picture so clear and crisp. i told him i just hooked it and wham thats what it looked like. They just got a ps2 for christmas and said it didnt look nearly as good as mine did. so today i went over to see what was wrong.i couldnt find where there was anything wrong with the hooking up and the picture is so fuzzy compared to the xbox. I dont know what is causing this or if it is a normal ps2 graphics issue but am sure glad now that 4 months ago when i decided to give up pc gaming and go the console route i chose xbox over ps2 or i would have definatly been back to pc gaming.

Later

The PS2 is over two years old and a lot happens with technology in that time. When the PS2 came out the graphics were good at the time. The Xbox and GC both have better graphics than the PS2. Hopefully Sony will include a HD and 4 controller ports next time. Probably not much wrong with their TV. Jaggies are normal for the PS2.

chili325
12-28-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
lol bbchs_trash.....you dyke.....such your damned pie hole and eat donkeypoo

he didnt once say he didnt like the ps2.......what is wrong with being happy with a purchase you make? 200bucks may not be so hefty to you but not a lot of people have the money to buy what ever the **** they god damned want...

you are from across seas right? i knew it

go brush your teeth
Oh snap....they be fightin words

Whisper
12-28-2002, 11:22 PM

um, that was weird. go play donkey kong.

Frink
12-29-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by ARONO129

So if graphics aren't important why aren't you playing Atari? The rest of what you said didn't make much sense so I won't comment on it.

BTW Fanboy is the most overused meaningless term used today. If you live in Chicago and you are a Cubs fan are you a fanboy. If you like Hitachi TV's better than the competition are you a fanboy? I think he was making the point that graphics aren't everything, and that point is valid, but the Atari didn't have much gameplay wise either.

From all my time spent on the internet, I've come up with a definition.

Fanboy: n. (fan-boui):

Any person who agrees with, or supports, the opinion of a highly oppinionated individual.

And that sums up the basics of it. Just because you like the Cubs, you don't say that every other competitor is awful and that their are no good players on any other teams or that the Cubs's players are the best and no one else compares in any way do you? That would be fanboyism at its best.

And to sum it up, the reason Xbox's text is sharper than the PS2's is a matter of anti-aliasing, which the PS2 lacks. Anti-aliasing also causes the infamous "jaggies".

ARONO129
12-29-2002, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Frink-XBA
I think he was making the point that graphics aren't everything, and that point is valid, but the Atari didn't have much gameplay wise either.

Any person who agrees with, or supports, the opinion of a highly oppinionated individual.

And that sums up the basics of it. Just because you like the Cubs, you don't say that every other competitor is awful and that their are no good players on any other teams or that the Cubs's players are the best and no one else compares in any way do you? That would be fanboyism at its best.

And to sum it up, the reason Xbox's text is sharper than the PS2's is a matter of anti-aliasing, which the PS2 lacks. Anti-aliasing also causes the infamous "jaggies".

My comment about Atari is in reference to people that say that graphics aren't important or so and so is a graphics wh@re. My point is graphics are important or we would all be playing Atari instead of Xbox, PS2 or GC. Funny thing is I bet the same people that say graphics aren't important in video games are the same people that have the best graphics cards in their computers. Even if they don't it's still hypocritical.

Most of us here have a console preference so are we all fanboys? The term is childish and still has no real meaning. BTW What's the difference between being "highly opinionated" and having an opinion. The answer is none.

From all the time I've spent on the internet I have come to the conclusion that the term fanboy is just a meaningless insult and that we all have opinions but some people pretend not to.

chili325
12-29-2002, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Frink-XBA
I think he was making the point that graphics aren't everything, and that point is valid, but the Atari didn't have much gameplay wise either.

unless of course you are a yankees fan in which case its true;)

AlBoogy
12-29-2002, 09:13 AM

I dont see where he was being a "fanboy" about it He was just noticing something and posted it. And anyway, if you dont want bias towards a console dont come to XBOXaddict.com. Go fight the war somewhere else where its needed. Like saaaaaaaaaay The Vestibule? GOOD LUCK!

Insane Jester
12-29-2002, 10:19 AM
the ps2 is weaker than the xbox ... i played games on both systems like tigar woods 2003 fifa and so on and the xbox does look alot better .. its all in the power ...

HaloMasterVI
12-29-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by The"Q"

Later

PS2 is inferior.

rio2012
12-29-2002, 01:39 PM
PS2 = Piece o' ***** squared.:rolleyes: