PDA

View Full Version : Help me

FraZz3k
11-22-2001, 10:35 PM
I have a question.... when I play a DVD off my Xbox Will it still be really good quality even though I dont have an HDTV ready TV??? :confused:

adamw19
11-22-2001, 10:37 PM
Well this one guy said that the DVD player in the xbox was better then both his $600 DVD players he had... But i dunno if the TV has to be HDTV to be good... i think it be good on all televisions. :)

Gene Starwind
11-23-2001, 10:48 AM
i watch movies on mine all the time, and i have a 1989 27'' tv and it looks great, but when i bring it to my uncles house, whom has a HGTV television, the only real difference is that the resolution is slightly better

Hugh_Jass
11-23-2001, 11:36 AM
The short answer is that DVD brings out the best of any TV. The picture quality is remarkably better than VHS.

What separates the men from the boys is being able to accept an anamorphic image from the DVD player and do the squeeze to enhance the resolution. With a small TV this enhancement is less pronounced. On a big screen TV there is a HUGE difference between letterbox and anamorphic widescreen.

But don't forget about the sound. Dolby Digital 5.1 is a whole different world compared to stereo or Dolby Pro Logic. Dolby Digital 5.1 is an experience VHS just can't deliver.

Gene Starwind
11-23-2001, 11:39 AM
excatly