PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Fable......

TommyGunn
12-29-2002, 01:50 PM
do you think Fable will live up to all the hype its getting?

EHWfedPres
12-29-2002, 02:31 PM
Yes, of course. There hasnt been a game like it ever, so it will be a great experiance...besides, the developer that is making it has never had a bad game, so its going to be great.

of course games being bad or not is an opinion, but it is widely regarded that his games are generally well made and are fun to play. :)

AppoX
12-29-2002, 04:32 PM
i know that there is no game that is exactly like what fable will be. but i think that morrowind is the closest thing that the xbox community has seen. and i mean morrowind was an excellent game that grabbed me for hours and hours of gameplay, i hope, and think, fable will be better, can't wait for it to come out! is the release still fall 2003? although we all know it will be pushed back from this date.

EHWfedPres
12-29-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by AppoX
i know that there is no game that is exactly like what fable will be. but i think that morrowind is the closest thing that the xbox community has seen. and i mean morrowind was an excellent game that grabbed me for hours and hours of gameplay, i hope, and think, fable will be better, can't wait for it to come out! is the release still fall 2003? although we all know it will be pushed back from this date.

Eb has Project Ego set for January 2004...thats TOO FAR away. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

SuperNick
12-30-2002, 12:22 PM
Hey, if it is Morrowind but with more action and better action(cmon, the battles are lame), then it'll be great.

Oh, and they shouldn't have revealed the game until 2003 because by 2004 people more than likely won't be drooling over it anymore. I know I'm already sick of reading about it and seeing the same pics/movies. Bleh.

KnightX
01-03-2003, 12:34 AM
:p

It sounds like they're wanting to make an RPG "for" the RPG Player. When I'm playing a game, I get so into the character so Fable should be really interesting. I'm glad that games are starting to break away from the "Final Fantasy" mold and preset storylines. Morrowind was definitely a breakthrough.

It doesn't make sense that Fable should be taking so long, does it? With so many pictures and screenshots of it. They must be play-testing and tweaking the heck out of it. If there's anything they're not satisfied with, and they want to make it as fun as possible it's good that they hold it back. I just hope they don't wait too long until it's outdated.

And then there's always that slim chance that it could be all hype and big disappointment... :confused: Let's hope that won't be the case with Fable. I'm drooling over it and waiting for more screenshots and videos.

RudedogX
01-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Well, if they are playtesting it, and that is the reasoning for the tremendous delays, then, I will thank them. Morrowind, as good a game as it was, had some serious game-ending flaws that were never resolved on the XBox, and in the end, left an unfinished game. If the playtesting that is taking place is to ensure that this does not occur with Project Ego, then I have no problem with giving them the time to ensure it is a perfect representation of what the artist was trying to achieve.

EHWfedPres
01-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Since they are delaying it so long, it better have live integration, or at least a ton of other cool things to make up for it.

darianX
01-06-2003, 12:49 AM
Playtesting?? I don't think they're spending years playtesting. That was horribly evident with Black and White. They're probably still trying to figure out how to jam everything in that Molyneux said would be there. Don't hold your breath because it will be a while. Forgive me for not being jacked up about this title - B&W really stuck a thorn in my side after being fawned over by the gaming press and community. Sometimes I wonder how long they actually played the game before writing. I believe Molyneux is a tad too ambitious, to the point that the gameplay suffers. Anyone who suffered through hours and hours of MACRO (not even micro) management would understand.

KnightX
01-06-2003, 09:59 PM
I agree darianx - Molyneux has a ton of untried ideas. But I think even if this game has its bugs it has a good shot of being one of the top games. Personally, I really liked Black & White - Granted, I can't stand to play it without having the patch loaded first (else your worshippers eat too much food and die so fast and that dang annoying "deaatthhh" every few seconds later on - oh yeah, and the loading times were horrible!). Once you have the patch and make the fix to the loading times, the game is a LOT better. I think they've learned from their mistakes though (at least I hope they have). Molyneux strikes me as the type who wants to make it bigger and better and eliminate the flaws that have plagued other games. It's possible that Black & White - for all it's uniqueness - was nothing more than a "test" that they really got into and decided to make something out of it and market it. With RPG's, there really isn't any macro/micro management (except with some of the FF series). And from the way they're planning this, everything is going to be automatic and depend on your actions - so you won't have to spend hours in submenus equipping and unequipping items to build your strength or whatever - or distribute stat points (who knows how they'll work that in the end though).

I really admire Molyneux - he has the same ideas that I have about a game. He wants to deliver more to the gamer and for the gamer to not be limited. He wants you to come back and replay it after you've finished, and he definitely wants you to be wowed by the detail; not graphically, but in the attention paid in creating the world.

So if they're going to playtest this thing, and you can do "so many things" as they claim, and they don't want any bugs - I can't imagine how long it would take. It really peeves me that we're not getting anymore screenshots and they're not updating the Fable site yet. The least they could do is build on the interest and let us see a little more to keep us hooked.

thAshAdyOne
01-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Eb has Project Ego set for January 2004...thats TOO FAR away.

:eek:
i know

Liquid Gears
01-09-2003, 01:16 AM
Good question TommyGunn

NO!

thAshAdyOne
01-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Good question TommyGunn

NO!

Dre
01-19-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Since they are delaying it so long, it better have live integration, or at least a ton of other cool things to make up for it.

They aren't delaying it at all, where'd you get that idea from? They haven't even announced a release date yet, so how could it be getting delayed?

darkneo43770
01-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Whether the game gets delayed or not, we've still got a long frustrating wait for it. The game has been estimated to be released late 2003, but 2004 I highly doubt. Molyneux won't want to miss the opportunity to release it before or at Christmas.

I've been hyped about this game since I saw that very first few sentences and a photo about it in The Official Australian Xbox Magazine. And even after a few months I haven't lost my interest for Fable.

I know Molyneux will use the time he has wisely to ensure that all bugs and glitches are removed and it is the best game possible, question is, how is he dealing with this and BC at the moment.:)