PDA

View Full Version : I heard today...

TommyGunn
12-29-2002, 02:29 PM
I went to EB this morning and was talking to a worker there about up comming games and he said that Halo 2 would be out in June. Is this true or is he badly off with his date?

VeNoMiZA
12-29-2002, 02:31 PM
yes it is coming out june thats my birthday month :eek: so you know what im getting for my birthday :D

Xbox Owner
12-29-2002, 02:31 PM
No one knows, a lot of sites are saying this, but no one knows.

Insane Jester
12-29-2002, 02:42 PM
Well i just been to bungie.net and carnt see a expected release date .. mybe eb knows something we dont ... ha i say ha ... i thought it was sep - nov 2003 ? mybe im wrong sorry but i just dont know ..

TommyGunn
12-29-2002, 02:46 PM
I am with you Insane I thought it was 4th quarter of 2003. Took me by total suprise when they said june

rio2012
12-29-2002, 03:23 PM
2003 will definitly prove what the xbox can do and where the xbox is headed for in the long run.:cool:

CrazyCougar
12-29-2002, 03:25 PM
Last official word out IS 4th quarter arrival.

EB is NOT official word...LOL! They are a retailer and haven't a clue. Can ya pre-order, because it could be a way to get more people to preorder thinking it is coming out sooner.

EHWfedPres
12-29-2002, 03:27 PM
I heard June 6th, but thats probably not right. remember how Unreal was supposed to be out a year ago? :rolleyes:

and take a look at the delay on Brute Force, hell, even DOAXBV was delayed, so nobody alive knows for sure when any game will be released.

Piccolo_DBz
12-29-2002, 03:33 PM
Thats what EBgames.com says

CrazyCougar
12-29-2002, 03:37 PM
Yeah but its EB, thats the point. LOL....Anyone but Bungie would just be spreading rumors to create hype.

Cloud Strife
12-29-2002, 05:19 PM
I think they will release it on 11/15/03 because that is Xbox's two year anniversery.

BCan
12-30-2002, 06:42 AM
How does the follow up to Unreal Tournament on the PC get released before Unreal 2?

Is it turning into the next Prey - super hyped FPS, but never makes the light of day.... ( I think Freelancer currently seems to hold this title for the PC!! )

Release dates for console games, especially EB is more of a cash flow thing, get every one putting in pre-orders and money to go with it, allows them to order more games either right now, or more when that game comes out. They would use the pre order numbers to see the hype on a game, so to order enough copies accordingly...

Release dates are more likely to slip than be bought forward anyway - not many games are ready to ship before they have to go gold anyway, it is usually that they are in an unfinished state.
Look for a Q3-Q4 release date as being more accurate, than an exact date 6 months from now...

TheCovenant
12-30-2002, 07:04 AM
Q4......thats what they said.

Eb makes up a LOT of release dates.

for a whole month they kept me coming back every friday because they kept changing their release dates.

they also said that half-life 2 was coming out in february. FEBRUARY!

we have heard nothing about this game and they already have a release date.

please, eb is just making predictions, or going of rumors, they have no clue when the game comes out.