PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used this Mad Catz Universal S-Video Cable?

Tyan
12-30-2002, 10:10 PM
I was just wondering, its only $9.99 and can be hooked up to all three systems with the S-video connector. I have been wanting to buy the advanced a/v pack, but that is $19.99 and only works with the xbox. Is this thing a piece of garbage or is the video quality the same as the advanced a/v pack for half the price and three times the connectability?

Edit: forgot the link, this is what I am talking about:

http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/product_details.jsp?product_id=6015

TheCovenant
12-31-2002, 05:53 AM
too.........complicated...........don't..............know..................what is being said.................:p

Professor Kaos
12-31-2002, 02:08 PM
all you needed to do was read the paragraph...
...Universal S-Video Cable::
Mad Catz makes connecting to multiple systems easy! The Universal S-Video/Audio Cable enables you to take advantage of brighter colors and sharper more detailed pictures through your game console. The durable 6-foot braided cable and high-performance connectors plug directly to your television or home theater system to ensure the clearest signal possible for maximum visual resolution and audio clarity.Compatible with Playstation 2, Xbox, GameCube, Playstation, PS one and Nintendo 64, this is the only S-Video/Audio Cable you will ever need!

DZNUTZ
01-02-2003, 03:23 PM
yea..my girl got me one.
i was tired of having to move my huge tv and switch s videos for the gaming system i wanted to play.

it extremely convienent...but be warned.
u have to have your xbox,Gc, and ps2 EXTREMELY close to each other!
in fact...unless your gonna stack a system on top of each other...u have to have your ps2 vertical for it to work properly.

in hope to explain better...
long 6ft cord...but when it breaks off to the 3 different inputs...the lenght in non adjustable and extremely short.

i think its a great product...but just wish the would have made the branched consol input ends a lil longer.

Frink
01-02-2003, 05:51 PM
My original was defective. The S-Video plug didn't plug into the S-Video on my television, which is odd. But, I purchased a new one and haven't been able to try it yet. Once I get it hooked up, I'll give you a proper review.

Zion
01-02-2003, 09:21 PM
It does not do the exact same thing as the advanced a/v pack...the Mad Catz does not provide an optical digital output.

Originally posted by Tyan
[B]I was just wondering, its only $9.99 and can be hooked up to all three systems with the S-video connector. I have been wanting to buy the advanced a/v pack, but that is $19.99 and only works with the xbox. Is this thing a piece of garbage or is the video quality the same as the advanced a/v pack for half the price and three times the connectability?

Laxeph
01-02-2003, 09:24 PM
Personally, I don't like Mad Catz products. I had a DC memory card that was made by them and was defective and I have known many other people that have bought defective Mad Catz products. I would stay away. Far, far away.

Splinter-Seal
01-04-2003, 04:36 PM
Well, I just bought a Mad Catz S-Video Cable, thanks to my dog Ralph, that lil sweetheart :mad: Anyways, I bought that, and a Multi-System hub. Honestly, I cannot see that the picture quality is any better, or any worse, than a set-up with Monster Cables, Sony brand, or Microsoft brand, I have tried them all. It could just be me, I may not have that "experienced" eye to point out "every" little detail, and thank God, I just saved myself about 40 bones.... Mad Catz S-Vid cable Werked Fer Me :D