PDA

View Full Version : Halo?

Splinter-Seal
12-31-2002, 05:59 AM
Ok, I am kinda new to the whole "X-Box Experience" I have been a faithful PS2 player since the console was released. That said, I saw Splinter Cell on demo at Wal-Mart,and HAD to have an X-Box, thus changing my entire outlook on gaming, going from quantity (PS2) to Quality (X-Box) I have traded all my Multi-Plat games for the X-Box versions (Thank Goodness for EB-Games) and am More than satisfied. One of my favorite titles is Red Faction, which I still have, and play often, but I would like something similar to that on the X-Box, I DO NOT like TimeSplitters, or 2 at all. So, my question is: Halo, how does it stack up to Red Faction, in Graphics, Gameplay, and Story? Just curious, I kinda hate to buy a game, that's total crap, who does, right? I see Halo getting alot of hype, on different sites, but I would like to know from ppl like myself, and I definitely do not wanna start a console war, I am just proud of my conversion, with the exception of Devil May Cry, and Socom U.S. Navy Seals, my PS2 is now a DVD player, heh. Anyways, any info regarding Halo, and it's hype would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

TheCovenant
12-31-2002, 06:08 AM
well, instead of giving you the obvious rant about halo, that it's the greatest thing in the world.

but instead i'll give you some good news. red faction 2 is coming to the xbox. good times. but halo wont let you down till that comes out. (theres a level where you have a aerial dog fight with an enemy alien tank shooting at you guys while you're pulling evasive manuvers. it's pretty awsome.....)

GokuX
12-31-2002, 08:05 AM
Well if you happen to have a friend who's into first person shooters then he and you can play through Halo's single player in Co-Op mode. I think Halo has an engrossing atmosphere to it. The storyline is nothing new--Aliens are going to kill everyone, but the way it's presented is phenomenal. Also the AI for the aliens is just amazing. Never in my gaming experiences have I seen AI that can battle so well. My friend and I fought for control of a single point on one level for at least 45 minutes. All the game elements combined offer a unique single player experience that really just has to be experienced rather than read about.

Splinter-Seal
12-31-2002, 08:45 AM
Hey, I appreciate the feedback. I guess I will just have to break down, and buy this game.

TheCovenant
12-31-2002, 04:47 PM
i agree, the story isn't anything new, but the way it's presented is awsome.

plus theres so many things it doesnt tell you, such as why the halo was built, have they used it before, where is the covenant homeworld.cool stuff like that.

TheCovenant
01-01-2003, 06:53 AM
thats right!

nobody beeeetter post after me!

:o