TheCovenant
12-31-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
splimer cell.

im not too happy with mechassault.

that was my 500th post!:cool:

Splinter-Seal
12-31-2002, 06:55 AM
I would say that really depends on what kinda games you are into: Run-N-Gun, or Stealthy thinker types, I don't think you could go wrong on either title, but Splinter-Cell is a masterpiece, IMO. I see alot of ppl talking smack about this game, I can't understand why. It has a few flaws: sometimes the AI is bogus, when you hide a body, sometimes an arm, leg, or upper body will disappear into a wall, hmm, that's about all I can think of really. Splinter is simply gorgeous, real time lighting, nice smooth textures, reasonable crispness, and the gameplay is through the roof. Oh yea, I have saw mention about Splinter Cell's camera action not being that well orchestrated, I personally think it's one of the best out.

Qbas
12-31-2002, 08:52 AM
What about both? ;)

Shorezy
12-31-2002, 09:52 AM
Get Splinter Cell dude. Its totally worth it. Crazy intense and crazy great fun. I totally recomend it.

Cloud Strife
12-31-2002, 10:34 AM
That seems like a tought call. I would probably go for MechAssault because I'm into Mech's but Splinter Cell is great also. I would still choose MGS2 Substance over both.:)

Dilr0y
12-31-2002, 04:01 PM
MechAssault if you have XBL.

TheCovenant
12-31-2002, 05:01 PM
splinter cell if you have xbox live.

shnike123
12-31-2002, 05:05 PM
I think mech assault is awsome i havent played splinter cell but ive had alot of people tell me the dificulty of splinter cell is very hard. Most people tell me they cant beat it

LTM360
12-31-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
...I would still choose MGS2 Substance over both.:)

you have got to be kidding me? I don't really like MechAssault, but it is a whole lot better than MGS2: Substance. Buy Splinter Cell. MechAssault gets boring after a while (without LIVE), and MGS2, is a "Game", that should be classified as "Movie/Action" most of it is just talking, and move to point A to point B. Once you get to point B gets what happens MORE TALKING.

shrew king
12-31-2002, 05:57 PM
Splinter Cell is a lot funner, and they will have 11 levels released over XBL and OXM in the future. MA will have CTF in the future and it has a cool single player.

I had a good time with Splinter Cell and MA is good, but i need that CTF.

Splinter-Seal
12-31-2002, 06:44 PM
Yea, at times Splinter Cell can be VERY frustrating, it requires alot of thinking for the "average" gamer like myself, I don't consider myself to be a Pro, or Hardcore gamer. I have completed Splinter Cell, on "Normal" and it was a breath taking experience. However, I think this game blows MSGS2 Away, I dunno about Substance, I haven't played it yet. The thing I really hate about the MGS games is Snake cannot crouch, just seems like crouching would be a staple in a "Stealth" game, I have found many times in the game, where I would rather crouch, than go prone. For all I know, there may be a crouch control, but I never found it.

Highlite23
01-02-2003, 10:09 PM
2 very different games;)