PDA

View Full Version : Better than Halo....??

wweomaniac
12-31-2002, 12:41 PM
Which future game will be better than Halo? As simple as that.

Hope I didn't miss any games :confused:

wweomaniac
12-31-2002, 12:47 PM
totally missed Starcraft Ghost. Oh well... it aint exclusive to XBox anyway.

Dark Enemy
12-31-2002, 12:55 PM
HALO2 by a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot

ShannonX
12-31-2002, 01:06 PM
i think they will all outdo halo, but i'm really looking forward to perfect dark... along with halo2, and bruteforce

Cloud Strife
12-31-2002, 02:23 PM
I think Halo 2 will outdo Halo. The reason why is because Bungie has more time to work on this game. Since the first Halo sold so well, Bungie will take the time to ensure the game is great and polished up real nicely. I know Microsoft would pour big cash nto the Halo 2 project because they know it will sell.

Xbox Owner
12-31-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
i think they will all outdo halo, but i'm really looking forward to perfect dark... along with halo2, and bruteforce

Same here..Halo's not even that great anymore..it's old..it's done..it's over.

TheCovenant
12-31-2002, 04:33 PM
halo is old, but sometimes i get tired of new games like UC, and mech, and ghost.

for thanksgiving, i didn't wanna play anymore, so i sat there and beat halo again.

i love that game. everytime you do a level, it's a different expirience.

as for better than halo, halo 2.

i doubt perfect dark will. unless you're crazy about goldeneye and timesplitters ( i didn't like timesplitters).

brute force? i dont count that as in the same genre, but i think it will be great.

fable, same deal, i think that WILL be better than halo, but it's a different genre, so again i must say halo 2.

just my opinion, is all.

TheCovenant
12-31-2002, 04:34 PM
sorry for the double post, but i dont think doom 3 will be as good as halo, due to the lack of multiplayer.

no flame please.

EHWfedPres
12-31-2002, 07:26 PM
You cannot compare single player games to multiplayer games, its just not right.

Halo 2 sounds like its gonna kick major ass.

No Fear 23
12-31-2002, 08:43 PM
Halo 2 by a long shot too baby

TheCovenant
12-31-2002, 08:55 PM
what do you mean by a long shot?

halo2, but barely?

i thought when people said "it a long shot", that meant there was little chance of it happening.......

whatever........

wweomaniac
12-31-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I think Halo 2 will outdo Halo. The reason why is because Bungie has more time to work on this game. I thought they worked on Halo for almost 2 years.

It was first shown at E3 2000.
It came out in November 2001.

Thus, it must have began development prior to May 2000.
So technically...

TheCovenant
01-01-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
I thought they worked on Halo for almost 2 years.

It was first shown at E3 2000.
It came out in November 2001.

Thus, it must have began development prior to May 2000.
So technically...

actually, if you do your homework, you'll see screenshots of halo back in 1999.

the game was in developement for 3 and 1/2 years.

it was originally supposed to be a third person action/adventure rpg:confused:

TheCovenant
01-01-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
totally missed Starcraft Ghost. Oh well... it aint exclusive to XBox anyway.

i have very low expectations for star craft ghosts, primarily cause it is ported. and because blizzard doesn't have too much expirience in this genre.

plus, it's competing against halo 2 and doom 3 and fable and sudeki and knights of the old republic and..........

tenchi
01-01-2003, 10:38 AM
i do think that the Halo experience will live in our hearts forever and no other experience will top what we felt from Halo.
Although there will be greater games like Halo 2 the experience will never be topped in my opinion.Even though Halo2 is my new religeon i dont think my experience with halo will be topped.
HALO WAS THE PROPHET THAT TELLS OF THINGS TO COME!!!!
HALO2 IS GOD!!!!!!!

Unreal
01-01-2003, 11:54 AM
This poll is flawed. There are alot of games in that will do better then Halo. Why you ask. Because Halo has shown alot of people the way a console first person shooter should be done. Of course Halo 2 will be better then Halo. But I think Perfect Dark 0, Doom III, and even Fable will do better then Halo. But that is just my opinion.

Cloud Strife
01-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Unreal
This poll is flawed. There are alot of games in that will do better then Halo. Why you ask. Because Halo has shown alot of people the way a console first person shooter should be done. Of course Halo 2 will be better then Halo. But I think Perfect Dark 0, Doom III, and even Fable will do better then Halo. But that is just my opinion. That seems pretty right to me.;)

tenchi
01-01-2003, 08:30 PM
yes but admit even though these games may be better will they beat the experience you were given when you played halo for the first time and beat it?

Insane Jester
01-01-2003, 09:39 PM
i think they will all beat halo in some way or form ...

MerimacHamwich
01-01-2003, 10:11 PM
All of them should be better.

shrew king
01-02-2003, 12:52 AM
im really looking forward to DOOM III. If there were some more screens from halo 2 i might change that but DOOM III looks the best IMO.

EHWfedPres
01-02-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by tenchi
yes but admit even though these games may be better will they beat the experience you were given when you played halo for the first time and beat it?

who cares about that, what about playing with 8 or more people for the first time? :eek: :D :)

darianX
01-02-2003, 01:17 AM
All this talk about "the experience" of playing Halo the first time....I'll be completly honest here and risk getting my ass fried by saying that I didn't find "the experience" very earth shattering at all. All the hype surrounding the game made me think it was going to drive me to work but that never happened. What I found was a FPS. I've played almost every FPS ever made on the PC, and I did not, and still do not find what is so wonderful about Halo. It was a cool game but I don't see the need to worship it like some folks do. And I don't understand why people say it's the best thing since indoor plumbing when it comes to the multiplayer. You'd think those folks never saw Counterstike, Unreal Tournament or Ghost Recon in their lives. Someone said about playing with 8 people....hell I can recall playing Quake2 with 20+ people and that was how long ago? Sorry...split screen multiplayer does nothing for me. I guess that's the old PC gamer still in me.

The one thing that truly was fresh and exciting was the control scheme...it has set the standard for future shooters on any console period. But I'm sure many, many games will surpass Halo's "greatness" but it will probably be looked at as the first real console shooter in future years.

Liquid Gears
01-02-2003, 01:59 AM
Sorry, but that's an obvious. Halo 2!

SPARTAN VI
01-02-2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by darianX
All this talk about "the experience" of playing Halo the first time....I'll be completly honest here and risk getting my ass fried by saying that I didn't find "the experience" very earth shattering at all. All the hype surrounding the game made me think it was going to drive me to work but that never happened. What I found was a FPS. I've played almost every FPS ever made on the PC, and I did not, and still do not find what is so wonderful about Halo. It was a cool game but I don't see the need to worship it like some folks do. And I don't understand why people say it's the best thing since indoor plumbing when it comes to the multiplayer. You'd think those folks never saw Counterstike, Unreal Tournament or Ghost Recon in their lives. Someone said about playing with 8 people....hell I can recall playing Quake2 with 20+ people and that was how long ago? Sorry...split screen multiplayer does nothing for me. I guess that's the old PC gamer still in me.

I somewhat agree with you. For all you console gamers that have not touched UT, CS(or Half-Life, same thing...kinda), or any of the Quakes shame on you. You barely qualify to say HALO is the best FPS. I've practically set foot on the best FPSs that the PC had to offer. NO, I don't even want to hear about GoldenEye, that was great only becuase it was the sharpest and funnest FPS on the consoles.

As for HALO being the best FPS, it is. Don't know why, just the aura it illuminates when you play. Complete immersion into the game probably.

Only game I can see beating it is HALO 2. DOOM ]||[ (yea, its not ]|[, take a look at your DOOM2 box, there is one gap so DOOM2 is ]|[) looses points for the lack of multiplayer options. Yes EHWfedPres, (can I just call you EHW?) the lack of multiplayer options directly correlates to the replay value, in result of less desire for the game.

TheCovenant
01-02-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by darianX

The one thing that truly was fresh and exciting was the control scheme...it has set the standard for future shooters on any console period. But I'm sure many, many games will surpass Halo's "greatness" but it will probably be looked at as the first real console shooter in future years.

i have to agree with spartan on that one.

i found the game truely immersing. only other game that left evrything up to me like that was half-life. and there werent any "bosses" . it was you , whatever help the marines could give, and the halo.

oh, and that huge force of nature, who's only drive is too kill you.
and they have all the tools to do it.

Man, first time i stepped outside on a snow covered field with banshees and tanks, massive hords of covenant, and all having an epic battle....before i even touch the trigger. it makes you feel like you're not the only thing in that universe that's alive.

the thing that really got me though, is legendary mode. now there was a challenge presented unlike any fps ever. that made you really realize how much depth and strategy the game really required.

when halo 2 comes out, im playing it on legendary first, so i could get the challenge and the story......at the same time.

man, was halo a good game.

not to mention multiplayer. i could go forever with multiplayer.
how man pc fps's could you use vehicles in?

that added a lot of new tactics, unlike any in the history of fps's.:cool:

Bravo_2
01-02-2003, 02:50 PM
Truthfully, I put more hours into Whacked, Ghost Recon, Unreal Championship, and even Mortal Kombat INDIVIDUALLY than Halo. Halo is a great game. I am sure it is up there with being the best, but being in the perspective that it is the greatest game out for XBox, I voted for Fable. Brute Force will be alright, but it will not live up to the consumers' expectations. Halo 2 will be a great follow-up, but I do not believe it will out-do the original, as we have seen with such games as Tribes and some of the Medal of Honor games. Doom 3 is on the PC way before XBox... which just kills the game. Fable is innovative, open-ended, provides HOURS upon HOURS of questing, you can have domestic duties, and do way more than Halo. I still crown Halo as the best game around due to the fact that it prevented the XBox from dieing, but it will easily be surpassed.

Cloud Strife
01-02-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Sorry, but that's an obvious. Halo 2! That's what I think.:)

tenchi
01-03-2003, 12:36 AM
i would have quoted but its to much.
Halo is awsome and its very difficult and the graphics and the a.i. it was all amazing that is y i worship Halo2 it is going to do it all again for me. that is y the experince is the point and you musnt have friends if you didnt enjoy the co-op.

Bravo_2
01-03-2003, 01:31 AM
I still stand by my opinion when I said that Halo 2 will not be better than the original. I believe everyone has expectations that exceed the abilities of the Bungie developers. You see the screen shots, and if they are doing what I think they are doing, it is basically Halo but with more vehicles. Yes, it will be a great game, but it is quite disappointing seeing 90% of the people placing their chips on the Halo 2 spot when there are plenty of other games that could EASILY exceed Halo. In terms of sales, not much can beat Halo, because when XBox was released, remember, it was the only good game out. It was the only game people could buy. I am not denouncing anything any of you said, I am just reenforcing this opinion, because it seems that everyone has their eyes focused on the "red" square, when there is also a 50% chance the roulette ball can land on the black ;)

xboxman_1
01-03-2003, 10:39 AM
sorry for the double post, but i dont think doom 3 will be as good as halo, due to the lack of multiplayer.

Doom III will have multi, but it wont be very elaborate.

Viper87227
01-04-2003, 10:42 AM
my vote goes to Doom III, I love everything doom. Perferct Dark Zero is a close second tho i loved goldeneye

POD13259
01-04-2003, 12:43 PM
Halo 2, because of the huge fan base from the original game and the extended time to develop the sequel over the original.

Stormlord
01-05-2003, 12:04 PM
I tried to vote but it doesn't seem to work. I'd have to go with Halo 2. Improved graphics that can compete with Doom III. Halo 2 will reveal the hatred that the convenant has for us humans. We'll see new aliens, vehicles, weapons and new worlds. YES we take the fight to the covenant and possibly see a new HALO ring world! Doom 3 will be great too BUT it's something we've already seen (if you've played DOOM). It's a remake like RE on GC, improved graphics and some new content. To me Doom III will be Serious Sam with an awesome engine with lots of realistic features like the lighting and the wounds (shoot an alien in the chest and he'll bleed from the spot). All the aliens will be remakes, new skins and bump mapped (the bump mapping definately needs work). Unless id wants a larger following they'll need a story. Simply it's a marine stationed at a scientific base on Mars (but now changed to Phobos one of Mars's moons). The scientists are experimenting and they open a portal to HELL. Aliens seek all humans and kill them and sometimes converting them. Now you must kill anything with a pulse (sounds like Half-Life)

RadRider
01-05-2003, 01:11 PM
Where's the "Halo is overrated" button?

The Art Of Dyin
01-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Halo 2 all the way!

ARONO129
01-05-2003, 02:18 PM
I think Brute Force will be a good game. Hopefully it will be Live enabled.