PDA

View Full Version : Cdr help

Hockeymac18
12-31-2002, 02:17 PM
I heard that it's possible to make cdr's work on a xbox. I also heard that it only works on the phillips dvd drive. Is this true? I would really like to know if there are any little tricks to get cdr's to work. I tried one in which I filled the cdr to the brim with music not leaving any extra space, and it didn't work on my xbox but did on my brother's (who has a phillips). If any one has any info to help me here, I'd be more than appreciative. Anything will do. Thanks a ton
-Mark McCreary-

Cloud Strife
12-31-2002, 02:26 PM
You shouldn't e using Cd-R's at all. Just buy the music. Burning CD's a very bad thing to do.

Dark Enemy
12-31-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
You shouldn't e using Cd-R's at all. Just buy the music. Burning CD's a very bad thing to do.

It is but most of the world does it these days, so its something that cant be stopped.

Dark Enemy
12-31-2002, 02:30 PM
sorry i put enter on accident, buy a cdrw they work, so dat should be easier for u:)

Cesar902
12-31-2002, 02:41 PM
:) Use CD-RW's they will work, but burn the music like a music CD not MP3 or WMA or any music file compression. Trust me CD-RW and original CD's will work on the Xbox to put your burned music. I tried the brands of CD'RW's that didn't work on CD'R's, but the CD-RW type work for those brands that did not work on CD-R. I hope I gave you a Clear Idea of what kind of disk you need to burn music into your Xbox.

Hockeymac18
12-31-2002, 02:42 PM
I'm a poor ******* my friend, and I'd much rather burn a cd that my brother has (which is the case), then buy a-whole-nother cd for 13 dollars; It's not only economical, but logical as well. If anyone can help here, that'd be great. Thanks

Cesar902
12-31-2002, 02:45 PM
Burn on CD-RW like I recommended and how other honest Xbox fans will tell you to do. Happy New year and have a great family and Xbox year.

Hockeymac18
12-31-2002, 02:47 PM
I also heard that the quality of the music is degraded on a cd-rw though. Is this true? I read it in an article in one a game magazine I was reading. Thanks for that little help Cesar902! Any other info will help, thanks again.

Cesar902
12-31-2002, 02:51 PM
Well I don't notice any music degradetion compare to CD-R, but I think that will happen, until you have rewrite music onto your CD-RW hundreds of times, but I think you will have a coupe of CD-RW, but then you can re-use them some hundred of times before you experience degradetion.:)

Hockeymac18
12-31-2002, 02:54 PM
Thanks Cesar and publicenemy! You have been MORE than helpful. Have a great Holiday and thanks again

Cesar902
12-31-2002, 02:55 PM
your welcome:)

canadianboi3
01-01-2003, 04:37 AM
ok ive been tyrying for a long time but have had no success. we had some cd-rw's kicking around, so i burned songs to it normally, and it wont work on xbox. umm in the store i saw these "cd-rw music" designed for burning music. was the one i was using possibly designed for data? can someone post a brand and kind of cd-rw's that xbox recognize on an older xbox?? ive had mine since bout february.

Zion
01-01-2003, 09:16 AM
The 'music CD-RWs' are designed for use in standalone component burners...they won't work in computers.

I use Verbatim, Imation, and Sony CD-RW's in my Xbox with no problem.

canadianboi3
01-01-2003, 02:46 PM
ok thx

Black 01 gtp
01-01-2003, 03:48 PM
I'm having a similar problem. Someone told me to get a CD-RW so I went to kmart(last night, only thing open) and only brand they had was Memorex. Won't work burned as a music CD....Just a lousy brand CD-RW or something else have a play in this? I'm going to go get some Imation cd-rw's tommorow, someone suggested that might help...

Hockeymac18
01-01-2003, 06:53 PM
is there a particular program that you can burn cdrw's to that works best? I was wondering if that might be a reaso as to why some of you have been having problems. I'm going to try out this sony cdrw that I just picked up, so I hope it was worth it. If any one has any info on certain programs that work best, it'd be greatly apprectiated. Thanks