PDA

View Full Version : True Crime: Streets of LA

sshamm_bone_1
12-31-2002, 02:45 PM
i just read about this game in xbox magazine, and this game looks awsome. i can't wait for it to come out. what do u guys think about it.

Bakeman
12-31-2002, 03:40 PM
me too.. I just got my mag yesterday...

I've read about the game before the mag. I can't wait for this game it looks fun.

Same with "Top Spin"

kornavs19
01-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Whats it about?
Isnt it supposed to be like GTA?

OuFtb
01-02-2003, 02:46 PM
It is like a prue copy of GTA but might be better I don't really remiber anything about it, I think it will be great, but the diapointing thing to me is I thought it was a Xbox exclusive but its actually going to all three systems.

kornavs19
01-02-2003, 06:00 PM
O, that sux, but i wanted something along the linese of GTA...So, cool...Well just have to wait and c how it is i geuss...

OuFtb
01-03-2003, 09:42 AM
I think I might have rote it wrong, its not a pure copy its a whole new story, charcters, stuff you can do, It just looked at GTA and seen what it done and copyed it, you should like it.

gtaplayer
03-10-2003, 09:37 AM
i remember reading that you can just drive around, and the game will "remind" you that you have a mission to accomplish. Also you can drive around and just chill or whatever, i think you can steal cars, but you won't have any cops chasing after you. Because you are a cop, i dont know whats more fun then running from cops, but i dont think you can do to much while roaming around. When is the game coming out btw?

Dave
03-24-2003, 09:27 PM
I am stunned it took this long for a GTA rip off so to speak. All they have to do is make sure the game plays a lot like GTA, and change a few things, and slap a different label on it, and it's a guaranteed hit, especially for Xbox and Gamecube.

This game sounds pretty much just like that, and the changes a remember reading about sounded fine. GTA is such a mega seller, it's shocking to see only 1 rip off so far, and that game is not even out yet.

When I read GTA became a Sony exclusive, I was like someone is gonna be real smart and make a lot of money by stealing Rockstars idea, and taking the cash they could have made on the other consules. Then no 1 did????????? What is wrong with these companies, don't they want to make money? A gta rip off will be a hit on Cube or Xbox, it ****ed a ton of people off when Rockstar made it a Sony exclusive, then no one jumped on the opportunity that left.

About time someone got smart. If they don't mess up anything major on this game, and overall it is a GTA rip off, the game will do just fine.

ShannonX
03-24-2003, 09:48 PM
i like the fact you get to cruise around the ENTIRE city from the very begining. Should be alot of fun.

Slayer02
03-24-2003, 11:09 PM
My bro used to live in L.A. it's bad out there. Real bad. Well I hope this game is like GTA. BTW for all you GTA lovers the newer versions will be on xbox 2/xbox because rockstars contract runs out in 2 years or so. I know it's a long wait...but....you know the deal. :cool: Besides we got Halo, with Halo 2 coming up, so what else we need?

gtaplayer
03-25-2003, 02:12 PM
Hmm, i doubt we'll ever see a gta game on any other console besides sony playstation. You think that when ps3 comes out and a newer version of grand theft auto will go to all consoles? Nope, Sony Playstation will continously buy out rockstar and whoever else makes gta for the game to be exclusive on their console.

Also Xbox better step up big in 2003 with their games, because once xbox 2 comes out not alot of units would be sold because Xbox never made anything so big like gta3.

symposiumx
03-25-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Dave
I am stunned it took this long for a GTA rip off so to speak. All they have to do is make sure the game plays a lot like GTA, and do just fine.

well..they did use satellite mapping, video recording, photographs, consent forms, ect to recapture something like 400 square miles of LA.

now if only they'd impliment it where you could somehow go to the staples center and mow down kobe and shaq.....Mmmmm....slauuuuughhhhterrrrrr

OuFtb
03-25-2003, 06:59 PM
I can't wait for this game, but I was wanting to know if anyone knew when the game is coming out, or what month it should be coming out.