PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Thunder - Dolby Digital Xbox Setting Problem

Allyson
11-23-2001, 06:27 PM
Hi, I have noticed that setting my options/audio to Dolby Digital Surround seems to cause a problem for this game.

You get sound initially, but after playing for some time, around 1-2 hours, you get no sound. Now you can continue playing the game, everything else goes ok, but without sound.

I reset the sound options in my Xbox to just Dolby Digital, and "wallah", no more sound issues!

This may save someone else the hassle of returning the game thinking it was completely defective and finding out that the replacement has the same issue!;)

Other than that, Great Game! Allyson :D

Allyson
11-24-2001, 03:34 PM
Further investigations reveal that Arctic Thunder will still lose sound part way through the game under any of the dolby sound settings. The one success is to set the audio on your Xbox to DTS Stereo only.

Ally

techie
12-02-2001, 07:06 PM
Hmmm......don't know about problems with that particular game, but my friend's x-box would only make loud popping noise's when using the optical cable and with Dolby Digital and DTS enabled. Mine works perfectly with this setup, so he brought his over and hooked it up and it did nothing but make loud popping noise's here also. We took it back and exchanged it for another and so far no problems.