PDA

View Full Version : Programers Debug unit....

NINE BREAKER
01-02-2003, 01:27 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew if the Programmers Debug unit (the translucent green Xbox) played like a "regular' Xbox or not.

A proposition presented it's self to where I could buy one of these, he said "All I know is that it powers up like it should, but I've never tried to play a game on it."

I really like the looks of this console and would like to own it. But I'm not going to buy it unless it can play games.

Oh, on a side note I'm sure you all have seen the white Special Edition Panzer Dragoon Japan Xbox with the matching white S controller. My question: does anyone know where I can get one of these for less than $700! I've found one for sale but the price tag is just a bit too steep^.

Thanx,
-N9ne

KevinM
01-02-2003, 01:41 AM
The Xbox debug unit unfortunately does not play regular Xbox titles. It will only play games with debug code which usually comes on burned DVD's and no it won't play burned xbox games like modded xbox's. The super snazzy transluscent case is bigger than the original xbox so you can't transfer that either. Also if memory serves me correctly it's illegal to sell these units as recievers of these units have to sign quite a few legal docs in order to recieve one. My suggestion: Don't buy it.

But there is hope of a new shell for your Xbox, the UK will be releasing a special edition transluscent xbox (not sure when... might wanna check out the uk Xbox site (http://www.xbox.com/uk/default.htm?det=1) ) that you could switch the guts over to it then sell the UK version with black case on ebay or something. I still don't understand why the peeps overseas get special edition this special edition that and we get squat! Oh well... at least we got our Xbox before them. :D

SPARTAN VI
01-02-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Kevin-XBA
The Xbox debug unit unfortunately does not play regular Xbox titles. It will only play games with debug code which usually comes on burned DVD's and no it won't play burned xbox games like modded xbox's. The super snazzy transluscent case is bigger than the original xbox so you can't transfer that either. Also if memory serves me correctly it's illegal to sell these units as recievers of these units have to sign quite a few legal docs in order to recieve one. My suggestion: Don't buy it.

But there is hope of a new shell for your Xbox, the UK will be releasing a special edition transluscent xbox (not sure when... might wanna check out the uk Xbox site (http://www.xbox.com/uk/default.htm?det=1) ) that you could switch the guts over to it then sell the UK version with black case on ebay or something. I still don't understand why the peeps overseas get special edition this special edition that and we get squat! Oh well... at least we got our Xbox before them. :D

Never heard of the debug unit, but have seen the developers' XBOXs.

Kinda off-topic, but I've never (in my 4 months of being here) seen Kevin-XBA post...:confused: soo...

Whats up Kevin?!:) :D

Insane Jester
01-02-2003, 10:50 AM
to what i hear the nice green xbox is to be released in us/uk as a special edition with a green s controller ... i also hear that japan have had 4 special editon box's already .... personally i woudnt touch anything that sounded untrue they usally are .. and youll proberbly have nothing but hassle from it ... but at the end of the day tis upto u ..

NINE BREAKER
01-02-2003, 09:40 PM
Thanks guys. Don't believe I'll be buying it, I am plenty happy with my Box. Still would like to get my hands on one of those white Panzer Dragoon Orta Box's though. Peace

-N9NE

FaTBoi702
01-03-2003, 10:25 PM
The de-bug unit actually can play regular XBox games. But the catch is you have to get your hands on a "flash disk" which converts it into a regular XBox. I know this because i used to be obsessed with trying to get my hands on one of these. :D