PDA

View Full Version : When will fighting game AI get good?

kachingtensor
01-02-2003, 02:51 AM
As opposed to cheap, I mean. When do we get full-fledged computer-controlled opponents, eh? If it can be done for chess, someone ought to be able to do it for console fighting games.

KnightX
01-03-2003, 07:43 AM
I thought DOA 3 was pretty good - though it can get pretty frickin' intense on the hardest setting and that last boss is just insane.

At least we're not dealing with the AI of Street Fighter 2 Hyper Extended Edition on the hardest setting. I have friends who have shattered so many controllers over those games.

VeNoMiZA
01-05-2003, 02:18 AM
mortal kombat has soome AI hehe put the game on its hardest difficulty wtahc it kick your ass .

Dre
01-09-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by KnightX
I thought DOA 3 was pretty good - though it can get pretty frickin' intense on the hardest setting and that last boss is just insane.

Only because they decided that for the last boss they were going to change the camera angle to something completely different from the whole rest of the game and give the guy ranged attacks that push you backwards. The guy's a wuss up close.. all you have to do is know how to jump when you hit him to the ground.

Liquid Gears
01-09-2003, 01:19 AM
When will fighting game AI get good?!!

When You Put Up The Difficulty!!

kachingtensor
01-09-2003, 03:21 AM
That's when it tends to get cheap. The timing gets cheap, the percentage of blocked or countered attacks gets cheap, the priorities for hits can get real cheap. Mostly twitch stuff and all lazy crap IMO. :eek:

These are powerful computing/gaming machines we have now. I want better AI than before.

EHWfedPres
01-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by KnightX

I beat him with every character at least once or twice...sometimes using only the black punch button...:rolleyes:

KnightX
01-09-2003, 08:42 PM
I haven't played DOA3 through in a while. I did get all of the endings uplocked, but still...

I swear that last boss is just so cheap! If I jump he gets me with a high attack or something, and he just keeps pushing me back. The camera angle doesn't really bother me.

EHWfedPres - you're sick. =P

The Jackal
01-17-2003, 01:35 AM
DOA3 come on.... thats so easy on the hardest level... im disappointed in it....all i do now is go in team battle and pick all random characters or just try to beat my own times on time attack and survival... the end boss is quite easy... at the beginning you just run up to him as fast as you can (if you get hit with somethin just get up and keep runnin) ... then combo and when he falls you jump up and ahead slightly to avoid the energy on the ground he causes and if he blocks then most likely hell do the same combo he always does so just block then counter one attack and youll go behind him and just do it all again til he dies :)

and those games bein cheap... how else could the AI get better... when its cheap its because its timing is better, anticipates better, and can attack more effectively.... i look at that as better AI personally... not much more you could do on a fighting game, its not like MGS or somethin where they react to sounds

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 07:17 AM
I personally like the intelligence level in Dead or Alive 3. I do good in Story mode but not so great in Time Attack. I still really like Dead or Alive 3. But Tech Romancer is still towards the top of my fighting games.

I know a bit about fighters because I have 30 of them while playing over 100 of them.:)