PDA

View Full Version : Thanks fro the responses about my noisy fan!

dzadzi
01-02-2003, 07:27 AM
Thanks to all those that commented on my question regarding the loudness of their xbox's internal fan, and to those who added value through advice.

Me thinks I'll just return it today and get a brand new one (just incase). So far I'm very happy with the overall quality of the box and wouldn't want one little negative detract from what seems to be a very solid home console.

The whole "is my fan too loud question" is almost inpossible to determine over a forum, as it is all relative. Loud in relation to...?

That's why I attempted to throw-in a few benchmarks. I.e It's louder than my PS2, DC and GC (by far). It's actually almost as loud as my computer (which is a friggin' horse!)

In any event, this board is really good, I'll check-back after I unwrap my new XBOX.

Cheers

TheCovenant
01-02-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by dzadzi
Thanks to all those that commented on my question regarding the loudness of their xbox's internal fan, and to those who added value through advice.

Me thinks I'll just return it today and get a brand new one (just incase). So far I'm very happy with the overall quality of the box and wouldn't want one little negative detract from what seems to be a very solid home console.

The whole "is my fan too loud question" is almost inpossible to determine over a forum, as it is all relative. Loud in relation to...?

That's why I attempted to throw-in a few benchmarks. I.e It's louder than my PS2, DC and GC (by far). It's actually almost as loud as my computer (which is a friggin' horse!)

In any event, this board is really good, I'll check-back after I unwrap my new XBOX.

Cheers

what? louder than the dreamcast? yea theres something definatly wrong with your xbox:confused:
mine is really really quiet. i have it on during the night, when theres no other sound to drown it out. and if it wasnt for the little greeb light,you wouldnt even know it was on.

i hope your new xbox's fan works.

GokuX
01-02-2003, 12:15 PM
Hope it goes well for ya.