PDA

View Full Version : You know you're addicted if...

Plewis
11-23-2001, 08:24 PM
I've seen this in other forums, and it's been really fun. I'll start it out. You know you're addicted if you look outside, and say "I've seen better graphics. You know you're addicted if the only sun you see is when you are outside in Halo.

adamw19
11-23-2001, 10:32 PM
hahahahaa..... man that is exactly how it goes... i go upstairs from playing video games for days and take a peek outside and my eyes widen with amazement over the detail of everything.:D

dysrhythmia
11-23-2001, 11:00 PM
Heh, I had an interesting thing happen to me at the mall the other day. I was shopping and decided to hit the foodcourt.....When I looked around for a place to sit, it appeared that a large group of people were kind of clumped together in one area, I was suddenly taken by the urge to throw a plasma grenade right in the middle of em. This is true.

adamw19
11-23-2001, 11:03 PM
hahahahahahahhaaha.... oh god thats funny... hey dont' worry i get those all the time especially from driving games... i will like drive 50mph over the speed limit.

skoot182
11-23-2001, 11:11 PM
You know your addicted if you dream in lime green

VAN
11-23-2001, 11:57 PM
Ha. I got ya all beat, cuz this actually happened:

You know you're addicted if you call your mother at noon on Thanksgiving and tell her you'll be late for dinner because you're not leaving until you complete "the Maw" in Halo.

Well, I finished it (amazing) and told her that I had car trouble. hahaha

XBox4Life
11-24-2001, 12:07 AM
I was suddenly taken by the urge to throw a plasma grenade right in the middle of em.
Who says video games promote violence? :D

FraZz3k
11-24-2001, 10:56 AM
I dont get my Xbox till the 3rd of December!! I can't be addicted yet... I feel Left out =*(

Plewis
11-24-2001, 11:42 AM
I got another one, this is another thing that actually happened, and probably happens to most of you. You know your addicted if you own and XBox but you still enter all the contests to win one

Brian
11-24-2001, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by FraZz3k
I dont get my Xbox till the 3rd of December!! I can't be addicted yet... I feel Left out =*(

When did you pre-order your XBox and from which store?

FraZz3k
11-24-2001, 01:47 PM
I ordered my Xbox like 4 days ago from EbGames.com , and well they dont start shipping any Xbox's till the 29th of November, and they told my dad it would be here on the 3rd... :(

Xboxderekman
11-25-2001, 03:13 AM
LOL! Im addicted because everytime its too dark when im watching a move or outside, at the stor etc, I get a sensation to press the WHITE button to turn on the flash light!!

Frostberg
11-25-2001, 07:53 PM
-You exit the door of your house and it takes 1 or 2 seconds to load outside
-Everytime you get into your car, people show up and hop in
-Everytime you see a cop, you tell him to make sure to press A every now and then
-Someone robs you and you scream to your friend "HIT THE RIGHT TRIGGER!!!!" and you get hit but you take cover behind a wall and wait for your sheild to recover

MonkeyJones
11-25-2001, 07:55 PM
You know your addicted if you slay everyone with one of two weapons you are carrying. Hahahahah..no.

I tell crappy jokes, but then again, if I could tell decent ones, I would be a comedian ^_^

anthony_osborn
11-25-2001, 09:26 PM
you know your addicted when you driving down the street with your family and you wip it around the corner and ask, how many kudos did i get for that slide.

Foknertull
11-25-2001, 09:46 PM
You know your addicted when your daily workout is bench pressing your xbox.

Myth-One
11-25-2001, 10:52 PM
that wouldnt show any sort of addiction mate but funny nonetheless.

ozenplayer
11-26-2001, 02:20 AM
U KNOW YOU ADDICTED WHEN YOU START DRIVING YOUR CAR LIKE A WARTHOG
AND YOU KNOW YOU ADDICTED WHEN YOU GET A PAPER CUT AND YUR BLOOD IS GREEN

batman46st
11-26-2001, 08:37 AM
THIS HAPPENED YESTERDAY U KNWO YOUR ADDICTED WHEN A STORE RETAILER AND WHEN I SAY HIS BACKGROUND DONT THINKIMRACIST ITS JUST PROVEN FACTS OR IM JUST A **** AMERICAN.. WELL THE GAME STORE RETAILER WAS (OF ASIAN BACKGROUND) THE GUY GOES LIKE PS2 IS WAYYYY BETTER THAN XBOX IM SUPRISEDTHE XBOX HAS ATLEAST ONE GOOD GAME.. THATS WHEN I STARTED TO FROWN CAUSE I WAS ALREADY TIRED OF HAVING TO ARGUE WITH IGNORANT MOTHER FRUUUUUCKERS. N I SAID GOOD FOR U NOW DO U HAVE A DVD KIT. HE GOES NO REAL QUICK N THEN GOES LIKE WAT GAMES DID U GET IM LIKE HALO DOA3 AND MUNCH AND I WAS GONNA BUY FEVER AT TAHT STORE BUT HE WAS ****ING ME OFF... HE GOES LIKE OH SEE I THINK THEY FOCUSED TO MUCH (NOW GUYS IM TRYING TO AVOID THE ARGUE WITH THIS GUY) ON GRAPHICS NOT GAMING.......... MICROSOFT KNOWS SHHHHT ABOUTGAMING HE SAID... THATS WHEN I SNAPED I WENT LIKE LOOK THE ONLY REASONU LIKE YOUR ***STATION 2 IS CAUSE YOUR FRUUCKING ASIAN AND KNOW YOUR ABOUT TO GO DOWN N BESIDES ASIAN ONLY BUY SHHHHT FROM THERE HOME LAND.. IF U NOTICE YOU WONT CATCH MANY ASIAN BACKGROUND FOLKS DRIVING A FORD... SO THEN HE BACKS OFF A LIL N LAUGHS . U DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT GAMINGI WAS LIKE U DUMASSS I BOUGHT THE PS2 LAST YEAR SOLD IT ON EBAY F0R SOME IDIOT FOR 800 BUCKS I PLAYED IT FOR A MONTH AND IT SUCKED THE DREAMCAST I BOUGHT WASWAY BETTER THAN PS2... HE THOUGHT I WAS LYING BUT MY FRIEND WAS A LOYAL CUSTOMEROF HIS NGOES LIKE YEAH HE DID. N HE GOT MAD SO HE GOES LIKE YOUR JUST ANOHER TIPICAL AMERICAN SPIC...... THATS WHEN THE GREEN BLOOD STARTS PUMPING I PUNCHED HIM DEAD ON THE NOSE...(HE'S ON THE FLOOR NOW) AS I WALK AWAY I GRAVED THE XBOX MAG AND SAID READ UP ABOUT WAT IT CAN DO YOUR JUST ANOTHER IDIOT THAT SPENT WAT 600 DOLLARS ON PS2,GAMES AND ACCESORYS. ME AND MY BOYS GOT OUT OF THERE PRETTY QUICK BUT HE ****ED MEOFF LOL ALL I WANTED WAS MY **** DVD KIT SO I CAN SEE MY DEMOS FROM MY XBOX MAG.. SO DO I CLASIFY AS ADDICTED GUYS?:confused:

ThomasHun
11-26-2001, 09:26 AM
:eek: thats one of the cooler things I have ever heard. Nice job batman:p

Oh yeah and I just converted 4 people to the xbox side.

Xboxderekman
11-26-2001, 09:37 AM
I converted 1 person. A person from school. He wanted to get a gamecube. Iinvited him to spend the night. We played my xbox )halo and nfl fever) from 7:00pm to 5:00am, seriously. But, we had bathroom breaks and snak breaks.

I asked him, "Y would u want to buy a purple cube? So u can put ur makeup in it and carry it around like a purse?" hahaha

After that night, hes now asking for an xbox for xmas <---get it? lol hahha

Now hes converting pple!!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 11:06 AM
You know when you're addicted when you stop drinking beer and only drink Sobe :D

You know when you're addicted while you go for a snowboarding trip and try to do a double back flip while performing a Stalefish, an Indy Nosebone, and a Tailgrab so you can score some Media points :D

Plewis
11-26-2001, 12:55 PM
You know your addicted if you remember two dates in your life... 9/11, and 11/15.

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 04:23 PM
You know you are addicted when you spend all of your work day on XBoxAddict.com while you work and when you get home all you do is play :D That's what I do :D:D:D hehe

Plewis
11-26-2001, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
You know you are addicted when you spend all of your work day on XBoxAddict.com while you work and when you get home all you do is play :D That's what I do :D:D:D hehe
Man you have the life! I have to go to stupid school all day! What job do you have? I might want to do that when I get out of school!:D

Plewis
11-28-2001, 09:38 AM
You know your addicted if everytime you see someone fall down you try to jump (DOA3.) I dont understand that either, is the boss' name Omega, or is it Genra?

l Maximus l
11-28-2001, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Plewis

Man you have the life! I have to go to stupid school all day! What job do you have? I might want to do that when I get out of school!:D

Plewis...I am a Partner in this company during the daytime :D

Plewis
05-21-2002, 01:52 PM
*bump*... he he I looked at my fist post ever on xba, and it was this thread... and I thought you guys might like it, and add some interesting things

Nerrad529
05-21-2002, 02:01 PM
I know I'am addicted because I play my xbox for about 3 hours a day. And I only got 3 games and 3 demos. I need more games. Halo WWF Project Gotham Racing

DZNUTZ
05-21-2002, 02:06 PM
ya know your addicted when u answer the phone and greet people by saying halo instead of hello ( i do it all the time)

and when the bulk of your money goes torwards your video games ( i know mine does)

Xtopia
05-21-2002, 02:14 PM
You know your addicted when you have 6000+ posts at XBA! He he he. Maximus is a TRUE addict!

JJaX
05-21-2002, 02:23 PM
You know your an addict when the tracks on your arms dont bother..............WAit.............what are we talking about?

Xtopia
05-21-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
You know your an addict when the tracks on your arms dont bother..............WAit.............what are we talking about?

LMFAO!!!!

No Fear 23
05-21-2002, 02:25 PM
you know ure addicted when someone yells, "here they come!" for some reasons and u want to take them out by throwing a plasma grenade at them and hearing them screaming like a grunt.

i was golfing one day and saw some ppl like 800 yards away from me throught the trees past the 2nd hole green. all i was thinking was how cool it would be to snipe the grunts that far

guitargod711
05-21-2002, 02:45 PM
You know your addicted if, during sex with your woman, you actually yell oh yes, oh yes, cortana CORTANA!!!:p

Shorezy
05-21-2002, 02:58 PM
HAHAH good post. I know i'm addicted (especially to Halo) when u start dreaming that u are in fact the master chief!

Spaztic
05-21-2002, 02:59 PM
you know you are addicted when you got shot trying to duplicate max paynes slo-mo bullet dodge.

you know you are addicted when you got to take a leak and are in a intense fight in halo and opt to pee your pants so that you don't loose the fight. (almost happened!)

faceoff508
05-21-2002, 03:01 PM
YOu know when your addicted when you go up to your car and click X to get in!

You know your addicted when you think midgits are grunts!

You know your addicted when you think animated girls are better than real life girls!

You know your addictted when you have never eaten, slept, bathed, or talked untill you have beaten Halo.

Spaztic
05-21-2002, 03:04 PM
You know your addicted when you think animated girls are better than real life girls!

I have seen some girls that would strip paint just by looking at the wood. In some cases I would pick the animated girls!

oh you might be a addict when you catch yourself singing the sugar spice song off JSRF! AHHHHH! Can't get it out of my head!

mercsix
05-21-2002, 03:14 PM
You know your addicted when your wife says it's a beautiful day and you should get outside so you drag your Xbox outside and set it up on your deck to play

This actually happened.

Casper
05-21-2002, 03:23 PM
.....when you see a nice fence you wanna grind on (tricky)

.....when you see a hot car and just wanna take the person out of it, beat them down, and steal the ride ;)

Huckleberry
05-21-2002, 03:43 PM
you know you're addicted if you call everyone you play halo with by their screen name...even when you're out in public with other people. it's a sure way to help "outsiders" think that you have no life...

if they only knew!

last night at our lan party, there was a guy that's only been coming for a few weeks. he was calling my brother (jumper) by another screen name. it had been 4 weeks, and he hadn't yet put a face with the screen name...and he didn't know that we were brothers. hehehe:p

OppiumNitrates
05-21-2002, 03:45 PM
u know ur addicted when ur driving along and every time u see a pedestrian u wanta jerk the wheel and run them down . . . Thankx Halo:D

Spaztic
05-21-2002, 03:47 PM
you know you are a addict when you start calling your wife tina (doa3) in hopes one day you will wake up next to her.

silvertrace
05-21-2002, 03:50 PM
u know ur addicted when u notice kick a$$ sniper spots in ur neighborhood................

*i could kill everyone from up there.....mha hahahahahahaha......

l Maximus l
05-21-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by anthony_osborn
you know your addicted when you driving down the street with your family and you wip it around the corner and ask, how many kudos did i get for that slide.

hehe...nice! :D

l Maximus l
05-21-2002, 03:55 PM
You know you're addicted when you ask your wife/girlfriend to talk in Japanese and put your head in a pile drive position :D

NightCapper
05-21-2002, 04:01 PM
U know u are addicted whenu dream about Halo doggg. . .just want to murder everyone online. u also know when u murder cats online 50 to 4 every time then its no fun anymore:( Then cats tell u that u are cheating. . LOL
Turn them codes on Oppy and Silver. . LOL

Xtopia
05-21-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
u know ur addicted when u notice kick a$$ sniper spots in ur neighborhood................

*i could kill everyone from up there.....mha hahahahahahaha......

Oh man, I do that all the time!

you know you're addicted if you call everyone you play halo with by their screen name...even when you're out in public with other people. it's a sure way to help "outsiders" think that you have no life...

I also do that!:eek:

l Maximus l
05-21-2002, 04:19 PM
You know when you're addicted to XBoxaddict.com when you smile, you turn your head to the side and wave :)

OppiumNitrates
06-16-2002, 07:34 PM
you know your addicted when u pick your shoes up and think . . ."There only worth 3 gold" . . LoL

JADE8704
06-16-2002, 07:50 PM
you know when you're addicted when you post in this forum :)

Pak4182
06-16-2002, 08:50 PM
Ya know your addicted when you see railings and think of grinding.

Spike Minoda
06-16-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by FraZz3k
I ordered my Xbox like 4 days ago from EbGames.com , and well they dont start shipping any Xbox's till the 29th of November, and they told my dad it would be here on the 3rd... :(

you know your dad's addicted when he tells you your xbox won't be here for 6 months and its really in his room and he's been playing :D

Adema
06-17-2002, 12:40 AM
You know your an addict when your dreams consist of warthogs, sniper rifles, and master chief.

WynnFire
06-17-2002, 01:22 AM
You know you're addicted when you see Master Chiefs helmet in that bright light thing at the dentist's office.

silvertrace
06-17-2002, 01:28 AM
u know your addicted when u "rez" up these old @$$ threads:rolleyes:

*note ---> silvertrace finds himself humming the theme to Morrowind from time to time

UnitedKingdom
06-17-2002, 05:27 AM
you know you're addicted if your stuck in a traffic jam and believe there is a machine gun turret on the back of your car. MOVE OUT THE WAY!!!!!!

OppiumNitrates
06-17-2002, 09:19 AM
u know ur addicted if instead of walking down the street u jump down the street to get your acrobatics skills up

Magnum Blast
06-17-2002, 09:47 AM
You know your addicted when you've read and memorised all the books in Morrowind.

Xbox Owner
06-17-2002, 10:15 AM
This thread is soooo old.

You know if you're addict when you make WW3, because someone stole your halo case.:D

Kilik
06-17-2002, 12:56 PM
You know your addicted if you beat the crap out of your caddy
every time you start to lose your composure.

Dre
06-17-2002, 01:08 PM
You look at real rivers and lakes and think what a good use of pixel-shaders

DZNUTZ
06-17-2002, 01:23 PM
.....if your replying to this old ash thread yet once again.

tamim
06-17-2002, 01:27 PM
u know u r addicted when u keep reading this thread over and over :D

CodeMonkey
06-17-2002, 01:31 PM
U know when your addicted cos ya the partner goes Xbox or me? And as she leaves u ask her to kindly step out the way of the TV..

JK of course

Also u know when your addicted when you forget about life..:D

Kilik
06-17-2002, 02:49 PM
you know your addicted when you get these jokes

chili325
06-17-2002, 04:09 PM
You no ur addicted when u try to reload the leave blower
You no ur addicted when u dont want to go to a tropical island because their arent any plugs for ur xbox.
You no ur addicted when u read oxm instead of studying for exams
You no ur addicted when u read "Opening the xbox" For an english project. And yes im a sophmore. Yes i have lots of friends. ok fine.

OppiumNitrates
06-17-2002, 04:13 PM
u kow ur addicted if u READ "opening the Xbox" . . . let alone doing a skool project on it

BTW i was thinking about picking that up and checking it out . . . how is it??

chili325
06-17-2002, 05:08 PM
Very cool book. It gives u a good idea of all the people who worked on or do work on xbox (seamus blackley is the *****) And it gives u great material to use when arguing agains other systems.

Plewis
10-20-2002, 03:21 PM
bump.... you know your addicted if you feel pain everytime MC dies

Alien
10-20-2002, 04:38 PM
You know you're addicted when you don't wake up anymore, but you "spawn".

canadianboi3
10-20-2002, 05:44 PM
you your addicted when you make people wash there hands twice before touching your controller. or when you start saying the lines in fever 2003 when watching reall football "he was celebrating before he had it in the house!"

Air X.N.
10-20-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Xboxderekman
LOL! Im addicted because everytime its too dark when im watching a move or outside, at the stor etc, I get a sensation to press the WHITE button to turn on the flash light!!

That happened to me when I was playing Dues Ex too much.

l Maximus l
10-21-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by anthony_osborn

Dudes...back in the day, I remember this one making laugh my ass off :D

Casper
10-21-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by casper
.....when you see a nice fence you wanna grind on (tricky)

.....when you see a hot car and just wanna take the person out of it, beat them down, and steal the ride ;)

To add to mine,

....you have to work at 7 am, but stay up until 2 in the morning, and think that life would be sooo much better if you could work from home. :D

Leviathon
10-21-2002, 02:33 PM
You know your addicted when you go to bed and see covenent being blow too bits....Really happened. I could fall asleep for an hour and half.:eek:

DZNUTZ
10-21-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by casper

To add to mine,

....you have to work at 7 am, but stay up until 2 in the morning, and think that life would be sooo much better if you could work from home. :D

..agreed..
you just keep on telling yourself...i can squeeze in one more game of xboxlive.......i'll be ok on 5 err make that 4 hours sleep...really i can.

UltimateAg
10-21-2002, 04:24 PM
You know you're addicted when:

...you rearrange your schedule around optimal playing times on XBL.

...you find chicks in beta tester tshirts giving you a woodrow.

...your dreams take place in one of your xbox games.

...you RSVP that you can't attend a close friend's wedding because Unreal comes out that day.

...you give your xbox a girl's name.

DZNUTZ
10-21-2002, 04:37 PM
dude..ultimate..wassup?
everytime i log onto live it shows that your done with a nba2k3 (final) game...i've tried inviting u several times..

whats wrong...r u scuuuuuuuuuuuuuured.

HaloMasterVI
10-21-2002, 05:38 PM
You know you're addicted when you walk outside and trees look like polygons.

UltimateAg
10-22-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
dude..ultimate..wassup?
everytime i log onto live it shows that your done with a nba2k3 (final) game...i've tried inviting u several times..

whats wrong...r u scuuuuuuuuuuuuuured.

I tried to pm you, but your box is full.
You caught me, I'm scared. Scared I might destroy your ego that is.

I only got a friend invite from you once and that was in the middle of a game and then when I finished you were gone, I think you're the one that's scared conviently sending an invite while I'm in the middle of game ;) . We'll have to hook up soon. I'm leaving town for 2 weeks starting Thursday so it will have to be either tonight or tomorrow night. I like playing a scrimmage game before I play a ranked game because I just never know how the lag is going to be until I play an actual game. I've been having problems with lag so I only play late at night and if it seems to take awhile logging in I usually will bail back out because lag has ruined many a game for me.:(

Sodge
10-22-2002, 03:41 PM
You know your addicted when you get a huge gash in your leg and say "****! Im'a dead, see you back at the respawn point" before you blackout.

Yeah, I know that was lame. :o