PDA

View Full Version : LOST DVD REMOTE - Program your other remotes to work the XBox

KnightX
01-03-2003, 02:20 AM
I don't know if someone posted about this before, but I hope this can help someone. During my recent move we couldn't find our XBox remote! I was pretty ticked off since that's our only DVD player.

I found out that you can reprogram another remote using the code for an RCA DVD player.

Reclaimer
01-03-2003, 02:50 AM
If you have the RCA Xbox TV, the TV remote works automatically, without programing. I imagine a generic RCA remote that has DVD controls would do the same. I've seen the different TV remotes for several RCA TV's, and there all the same when I was shopping for my Xbox TV. So I figure as long as the DVD controls are there, then you might be good to go. You probably don't have to program it to learn the xbox. It might work it straight out.

siayajin
01-03-2003, 06:01 AM
Hmm, that sounds cool. I already have 4 remotes lying around and the xbox dvd remote, so I might pick one up to cut down on the clutter.

Will an rca or any other universal remote be able to power off the xbox though? Kinda sucks that a feature so common as a power button isn't on the xbox remote.

KnightX
01-03-2003, 06:58 AM
I couldn't get the power off to work. Or the menu that brings up the subtitles/zoom/settings either. But you don't really need that stuff anyway unless you're tweaking something.

Any universal remote should be able to do the basic controls though (if it's not an RCA, then just program it).

That would've been really great if they had included a power-off feature (or more buttons) for the remote. I saw the PS2 one, and I was kinda jealous.

It's funny to operate the XBOX dashboard and play music with something other than the XBOX remote.

Insane Jester
01-03-2003, 10:52 AM
save's £30 hehe thanks ...

Linkin_Park
01-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Buy the New Xbox controller I belive it preety sweet and 20 bucks;)

Crazy Joe
01-03-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Insane Jester
save's £30 hehe thanks ...

nope, you still need to buy the dvd kit for xbox, you have to have the receiver to plug into the controller port.

Insane Jester
01-03-2003, 01:57 PM
LOL HAHAHAHAHA HMMMM ERRRR DOH!!

Viper87227
01-04-2003, 10:25 AM
Does the Xbox remote (or an RCA one) work for navigating the menus to play music and stuff?

clutch
01-04-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Viper87227
Does the Xbox remote (or an RCA one) work for navigating the menus to play music and stuff?

Yes , u can use the rca remote to navigate the dashboard.