PDA

View Full Version : Who else is looking forward to Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus?

EHWfedPres
01-03-2003, 05:45 PM
I am, sounds like a great game. Real-time body and environment damage looks great from what I have seen in screenshots and movies. Its being made by one of the creators of Mortal Kombat, so it must end up being a decent title. Hopefully theres a good number of chracters to choose from and a ton of moves to go along with a good fighting engine...hopefully.

kachingtensor
01-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Me! :D

Hopefully it will be ready by this March.

studepaber
01-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Oh me too! May be better than DOA, definitely looks better than MKDA, and will be MUCH MUCH better than Kakuto Chojin IMO. Will probably get the most competition in the fighting genre from Capcom vs SNK and maybe Capcom vs Marvel.

ALC
01-11-2003, 01:04 AM
heh, the trailer shows subtle hints of bouncing boobies, it's got something for everyone :p

But the "bones will break" thing really did it for me, this is gonna rule. (hopefully!)

Cloud Strife
01-11-2003, 08:17 PM
I definately am although I'm more interested in Soul Caliber 2.

kachingtensor
01-15-2003, 10:55 AM
I read that SC2 console versions aren't coming to North America until August at the earliest.
I wonder if the Xbox version really will get Spawn?

EHWfedPres
01-15-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by kachingtensor
I read that SC2 console versions aren't coming to North America until August at the earliest.
I wonder if the Xbox version really will get Spawn?

Yes, I've seen pics...and Spawn rules!

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 11:39 PM
I heard that Tao-Feng has really long fights. I'm a little skeptical now and how it will play because of that. I played Godzilla for GC and I didn't like the long fights in that game at all.

EHWfedPres
01-20-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I heard that Tao-Feng has really long fights. I'm a little skeptical now and how it will play because of that. I played Godzilla for GC and I didn't like the long fights in that game at all.

Id rather a nice long fight rather than a 2 second beatdown anyday...

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Id rather a nice long fight rather than a 2 second beatdown anyday... So I can tell you wouldn't like Kakuto Chojin. I loved that game because of the short fights. Maybe it's because I have a short attention span.

EHWfedPres
01-21-2003, 12:02 PM
So I can tell you wouldn't like Kakuto Chojin. I loved that game because of the short fights. Maybe it's because I have a short attention span.

I dont even like the look of that game...character models look like stretched out 7 foot tall people, and the fighting does not seem all that deep...

Cloud Strife
01-21-2003, 01:52 PM
I dont even like the look of that game...character models look like stretched out 7 foot tall people, and the fighting does not seem all that deep... I thought that game had the best character models ever. j/k I only played the game at Babbages and I didn't think it was too bad. I'll find out when I get the new OXM demo disk.;)

EHWfedPres
01-21-2003, 02:33 PM
I'll find out when I get the new OXM demo disk.;)

you mean after you boil the new disc...:(

Cloud Strife
01-22-2003, 04:31 PM
you mean after you boil the new disc...:( That's correct. I say you post under a Tao-Feng thread on another site I post on.

Whichever one it was I replied to it.:)

kachingtensor
01-24-2003, 11:50 AM
It's true: longer fights mean you need a more reliable power supply. ;)

EHWfedPres
01-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by kachingtensor
It's true: longer fights mean you need a more reliable power supply. ;)

They also mean that you need to have skill and not just the ability to punch in the most powerful combos before the other guy.

Leviathon
01-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Yes, I would really like to have a good fighting game other than DOA come to the xbox, I tried MKDA and did not like the fighting engine.

Shadow20002
01-29-2003, 02:08 PM
This could be good after all. I have checked the trailer, look really cool though. If everything is ok, this title should be out no more late than 2 months from now. Patience guys ! ;)

kachingtensor
01-30-2003, 09:56 AM
"I will be the pattern of all patience; I will say nothing."

....oops.:rolleyes: