PDA

View Full Version : Sony bashes xbox???

EIGamerzX
05-24-2001, 06:45 PM
I just can't believe what sony's prez had to say in this article
Sony Bashes Xbox - MS Replies
05.24.2001 @ 11:20 AM | Industry

According to a Financial Times report today, Ken Kutaragi, president of Sony Computer Entertainment has said that Microsoft's Xbox was dead in the water before it was even started. "Microsoft was finished before it even got started. They have no games," Mr Kutaragi said. "Microsoft has put itself out of the game. Retailers in the US are already disappointed."

Mr Kutaragi said Microsoft's exhibit had been "disappointing": it lacked good software and the hardware was unimpressive. "Microsoft does not understand the entertainment business," he said. "The processing speed of their console is not fast enough and the graphics were rough." He also went on to say that no one needs to buy an Xbox. Finally, he believes PS and PS2 sales will continue to dominate the market while Nintendo will be there to pick up most of the scraps remaining, leaving Microsoft barelly nothing.

Here's what microsoft had to say
Microsoft was quick to reply to Sony's Xbox attack earlier today. Here is an official quote, courtesy of CVG:
"We did expect some reaction from the competition, but for Sony to react in such a way means we must be doing something right," head of UK Xbox marketing Richard Teversham told CVG. "Ultimately, whoever brings innovative games to market that people want to play will win. We’ve shaken the whole industry with Xbox. We set a new bar and now the rest of them are trying to match it. At the end of the day it means better games, more choice and better gameplay."
[b]It's complete and utter incompetence like this that just wants me to run up and punch him right in his sony A$$ kissing face "DENIAL IS NOT JUST A RIVER IN EGYPT"
,What do you all think?

[Edited by FuNiOnZ on 05-25-2001 at 10:10 AM]

U_NeeKz
05-24-2001, 07:04 PM
man when i read that article my jaw dropped i was like sony was smoking a big phatie when they said that. i felt that m$ could of came back with a much beter response well i guess they diddnt cuase m$ is more mature.

thedrisc
05-25-2001, 10:13 AM
I do not know why these old japanese men think they understand what americans want in a gaming system. I have tried the consoles before and they bored me. now microsoft wants to put pc games in my living room. thats awesome. all the hard core pc gamers I know can not wait for xbox. sony is underestimating the number of people interested out there. not sure if xbox will do well in japan ( espically if sony is bashing it over there ) but it will definatly be a hit in the U.S.

Aaron
05-25-2001, 12:11 PM
Man, smileys are okay, but geez! i had to edit your post, its too hard on everyones eyes!!! I understand to want to convey your emotions, just do it with bold :)