PDA

View Full Version : Start the Hype!

FuNkY mOnK
01-03-2003, 09:50 PM
As we all know from the past that hype is the mother of success with the gaming console, hell look at what the ps2 did to the DC. well with talks starting now about our new name and console "xbox next" i think sony will feel the heat next time around. it's still to early to tell what will happen but rest assure this time we get to strike back.

EHWfedPres
01-03-2003, 09:56 PM
I say we all just shut up about Xbox 2 for now and play the games we got and wait for the ones we got coming...i dont want to see another game console for at least 2-3 more years

hiter101
01-03-2003, 09:57 PM
ooooooooook dude i really wouldnt want to start the hype now since it only comin out in hmmmmmmmm about 2-3 years lol so calm down ;)

:)

FuNkY mOnK
01-03-2003, 10:07 PM
Fcuk that i'm starting now screw sony, i want to plant that MS flag right on Sony's front lawn.

hiter101
01-03-2003, 10:12 PM
*salutes* :D

:)

Azazel
01-03-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I say we all just shut up about Xbox 2 for now and play the games we got and wait for the ones we got coming...i dont want to see another game console for at least 2-3 more years

Well said! I cant believe people already want to hype a new console. I just bought this one a year ago.

GO AWAY!

EHWfedPres
01-03-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Azazel

Well said! I cant believe people already want to hype a new console. I just bought this one a year ago.

GO AWAY!

hey man, get a new sig, you're is too big! we dont want sigs turned off again man, make sure it's 500x250 at most, thats way too big.

Motley
01-03-2003, 10:24 PM
The "XBox" next isn't really the "XBox2" as some people are thinking it is.

Pretty sure it is going to be the basically the x-box, maybe in a little different packaging / box, and with a few different options like the DVR.

I doubt we are gonna see the true X-Box2 until 2004 at the earliest, and thats fine with me. There will be plenty of games released between now & then to keep us all happy.

FuNkY mOnK
01-03-2003, 10:24 PM
where not talking about replacing xbox now just jabbing to set up the right.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-04-2003, 06:30 AM
C'mon guys...hype is a good thing nowadays........

Viper87227
01-04-2003, 10:11 AM
There no way I can get hyped over Xbox 2 yet. Im doing the same thing in 2 years from now I did with the consoles out now. Ill reserve a PS3, and ditch scholl to get it the day it comes out, and then ill buy Xbox 2 when the 1st price drop occurs.

SO while I am looking forward to an Xbox 2, its probably 4 to 5 years off for me.

FuNkY mOnK
01-04-2003, 01:14 PM
My ps2 launch was nothing like my Xbox, first I didn’t and couldn’t get a ps2 on launch only months after, then the games sucked then I sold it. Xbox on the other hand had Halo which show cased the hardware and blew anything Sony had out of the water. Sony is still trying to find something that will take Halos crown but cant, not with tribes at least. Then add the fact that Xbox as threatened the life span of the ps2 and Xbox still hasn’t strut it’s stuff yet. So for me I know when XBOX NEXT comes around it will not disappoint like Sony did and probably will.

EHWfedPres
01-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
My ps2 launch was nothing like my Xbox, first I didn’t and couldn’t get a ps2 on launch only months after, then the games sucked then I sold it. Xbox on the other hand had Halo which show cased the hardware and blew anything Sony had out of the water. Sony is still trying to find something that will take Halos crown but cant, not with tribes at least. Then add the fact that Xbox as threatened the life span of the ps2 and Xbox still hasn’t strut it’s stuff yet. So for me I know when XBOX NEXT comes around it will not disappoint like Sony did.

haha, ps2 games still suck...GTA3 was cool, but got bored too quickly, and vice city is GTA3 in miami, so that sucked...red faction was cool, better online for the pc...rf2 sucked so bad, they took out the geo-mod!!??!?

FuNkY mOnK
01-04-2003, 03:54 PM
You see we have a dilemma, here we have xbox, an american company and we have Sony a Japanese company. the Japanese will stand by their country no matter what, even if it's them god awful ricepuff Paddy's over a juicy fcuking steak with french fries,who do you think will win the console wars? an american company with no over seas support or a Japanese company with their loyal people and most of ours.

This is what gets me nuts, when ps2 american fan-boys boast about Sony on american soil and how sony is ahead of the game. just something to think about next time you cry poverty.

Unreal
01-04-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

FuNkY mOnK
01-04-2003, 04:01 PM
Unreal, cat got your tongue?

Qbas
01-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Isn't the Xbox Next supposed to be excatly like Xbox but it will be smaller and with cheaper components and it would be cheaper to buy?

ShannonX
01-04-2003, 05:32 PM
no, Xbox Next would be the entirely redesigned Xbox 2

they may bring out a smaller version of the current xbox, which would be cheaper to produce and thus leade to cheaper purchase price.

FuNkY mOnK
01-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Don't know if it will be smaller, but i've read dribs and drabs that Xbox Next or 2 will be something Sony has to contend with. no BS hype gonna take the sweet potato pie this time. it's put up or shut up.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-05-2003, 06:56 PM
The sad fact of the matter is Hype sells....not how good you are..and sales are everything when it comes to games, movies...

Cloud Strife
01-05-2003, 07:02 PM
I can remember that I was one of the many who fell into the Playstation 2 hype. I would stand outside in line at many stores in my area 6 hours before they open only to see that I they didn't recieve a shipment. I was even going to pay someone $100 if they found a system for me. I finally found one, overpaid for it by $40. I was very disappointed in the games. Noe of the games were as great as my Dreamcast. It came as a surprise for me because I was the biggest Playstation fanboy in my school at the time. Then I switched to Xbox the next school year and people thought I worked for Microsoft because I would hand out Xbox info to everybody.

The good thing was I converted 40 people into buying Xbox backin High School.:)

FuNkY mOnK
01-05-2003, 08:09 PM
I guess admitting your problem is the first step to recovery, i too overpaid for my ps2 months after launch, mind you i paid 400.00. and on top of that i sold my DC and all the games with extra virtual cards and controllers, now everyone will know why i'm so biter and show nothing but hatred to sony and the ps2. but i learned a valuable lesson i will never ever sell any xbox games or consoles again.

Cloud Strife
01-05-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
I guess admitting your problem is the first step to recovery, i too overpaid for my ps2 months after launch, mind you i paid 400.00. and on top of that i sold my DC and all the games with extra virtual cards and controllers, now everyone will know why i'm so biter and show nothing but hatred to sony and the ps2. but i learned a valuable lesson i will never ever sell any xbox games or consoles again. I had the same thing happen to me, except, I kept my Dreamcast. I have been having a tough time liking my Playstation 2 after the amount of money I paid for it and the hard work I did getting one. I can't seem to get into it despite be re-buying the system.

FuNkY mOnK
01-05-2003, 08:49 PM
i repurchased another a little while ago pre-owned with gt3 but after getting all the new xbox games and some gamecube i said thats it ps2 has nothing to offer anymore at least for me... i will miss final fantasy 9 but then again i wont need a ps2 to play that one.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-06-2003, 08:50 AM
Man o man, God bless the fanboys.(hardcore gamers)....I thought this was a thread about hype in videogames ,not a playstation 2 bashing....Give me a break..we all fell for the hype...I prepaid for my playstation 2 and i went thru a year of crappy games...but i stayed with my system..now i couldn't be happier.....Now i am the proud owner of an xbox....and just like the ps2 a year later..we are starting to get some great games.. I think that hype is an very important part of gaming..it makes people aware of your game or system..Hype equals sales......the xbox is in need of a bit of hype.....couldn't hurt

spike spiegel
01-06-2003, 05:43 PM
In OXm, they said that they were making an Xbox 1.5(or somthing), it will be smaller and cheaper,(I think they're trying to get the Japanese to like it more("smaller")) and the Xbox next(or whatever its called) will also be smaller, but Sony and IBM are definetly looking to start alot of hype, and don't forget most of the gameing mags that go across all platforms, still support the PS2 the most, and will probably give it alot of hype, it really is up to us, the addicts to give the next Xbox a chance in hell of knocking the PS3 off it's throne.

The Xbox next should have a much better chance this time, because it's comeing out at around the same time, if not Microsoft is trying to get it out earlier,(hopfully they will)

As for me I do hate the PS2 now and will most likely get the PS3, because I've always liked IBM, and know that Sony has learned a lesson from Xbox, but I will never support it as much as my Xbox.........EVER:cool:

FuNkY mOnK
01-06-2003, 06:11 PM
well ps3 better be leaps and bounds over the xbox. heck Sony was to release the ps3 late 2003 mid 2004 so how much more will it do over the xbox when xbox will exhust around 2005 or 6?

FuNkY mOnK
01-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
Man o man, God bless the fanboys.(hardcore gamers)....I thought this was a thread about hype in videogames ,not a playstation 2 bashing....Give me a break..we all fell for the hype...I prepaid for my playstation 2 and i went thru a year of crappy games...but i stayed with my system..now i couldn't be happier.....Now i am the proud owner of an xbox....and just like the ps2 a year later..we are starting to get some great games.. I think that hype is an very important part of gaming..it makes people aware of your game or system..Hype equals sales......the xbox is in need of a bit of hype.....couldn't hurt

Sony left a bad taste in my mouth and pretend that everything was peaches and cream hell they even produced a shortage of memory cards so they can dump their hdd add-on. does Sony think were stupid? not me i'm not buying into Sony ever again. at least thats how i feel now and when MS brings out Xbox next thats how i'll feel then, i'm most confident.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-07-2003, 07:47 AM
I remember that ,FuNkY mOnK....to this day i'm thinking the shortage was made up...i admit sony played all of us with the so called shortage story..and add lttle hype spin...shake well and Bam!!!...instant sales. Okay..i guess that sony has alot to answer for......but you have to admit the hype machine worked perfectly.

FuNkY mOnK
01-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
I remember that ,FuNkY mOnK....to this day i'm thinking the shortage was made up...i admit sony played all of us with the so called shortage story..and add lttle hype spin...shake well and Bam!!!...instant sales. Okay..i guess that sony has alot to answer for......but you have to admit the hype machine worked perfectly.
The hype machine worked damn flawlessly, do you actually think that the ps2 shortage was real, no way jose, they created a feeding frenzy something MS should do like drop the price of xbox down to 100.00 for two months, man at that price i'm sure all of us here would probably pick up a spare.