PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you?

Dabomb
01-04-2003, 12:55 AM
A couple of days ago I woke up and was going to play some Xbox, but to my suprise when I turned it on there was no color... in other words it was in black and white. I checked my tv and every thing was working fine but there was still no color. so I turned it off for about 30 minutes and came back to the color.

My question to everyone out there is, has this happened to any one else or is my Xbox just really messed up?

Liquid Gears
01-04-2003, 01:02 AM
YES!! Oh my GOD!! Someone who actually has the same problem as me. Yeah, my XBox does that constantly. I fu*kin' hate it! Seriously, it takes like 1 1/2 to 2 minutes to get its color back after I turn it on. Does anyone know why it does that?

Laxeph
01-04-2003, 01:29 AM
I don't know why that has happened but that happened to my friend.

RadRider
01-04-2003, 03:14 AM
I was reading about this on some other site. I can't remember exactly what the problem was, I think powering the audio system on after powering on the xbox caused this to happen, if you were using a 5.1 system. I can't remember what else was causing this. Just go do a search on the net, it shouldn't be hard to find.

Heavens Gate
01-04-2003, 07:57 AM
The problem is a bad cable. Replace the cable that goes to the tv and all is well again:)

Insane Jester
01-04-2003, 09:18 AM
and no it hasent happend to me .. YET...

ARONO129
01-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Dabomb
A couple of days ago I woke up and was going to play some Xbox, but to my suprise when I turned it on there was no color... in other words it was in black and white. I checked my tv and every thing was working fine but there was still no color. so I turned it off for about 30 minutes and came back to the color.

My question to everyone out there is, has this happened to any one else or is my Xbox just really messed up?

Hmmm. Weird there sure are a lot of new threads about Xbox problems since yesterday. This is the third that I have read.

EHWfedPres
01-04-2003, 10:59 AM
Hasnt happened to me at all.:)

Dabomb
01-04-2003, 03:12 PM
I think that I am going to have to do some searching on the net to see what exactly what is causeing the problem and maybe a way to fix it.

Dabomb
01-04-2003, 03:13 PM
sorry guys I am a bad speller!

thatroger
01-04-2003, 03:31 PM
I don't know if it's the same problem but I'll get my xbxo going black and white at the start and fuzzy. All I have to do to fix it is change my channel from 3 to 4 and back to 3 again and it works fine. I think that's just a problem with my TV though.

VenoM
01-04-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by thatroger
I don't know if it's the same problem but I'll get my xbxo going black and white at the start and fuzzy. All I have to do to fix it is change my channel from 3 to 4 and back to 3 again and it works fine. I think that's just a problem with my TV though.

i believe i had the same prob with my n64 or snes...i did exactly what thatroger did to fix it everytime i turned it on....what also fixed it each time was turning the tv off and on while the system is on...it has never happen with my xbox though...are you using a rf switch by any chance or is your xbox connected with the regular av cables?

thatroger
01-04-2003, 03:55 PM
I'm using an RF adapter, but I don't think I need it.

Unreal
01-04-2003, 03:56 PM

Sorry, it hasnt happened to me. Knock on wood :D

VenoM
01-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by thatroger
I'm using an RF adapter, but I don't think I need it.

i think its a rf switch problem.....i had all my old systems like snes and n64,sega gen. so on and so on hooked up via rf switches and at one point or another i have had color probs with them...nothing major though....i had my xbox on a rf switch when i first got it but switched to av cables after seeing how much better it is visually and how much better the sound is by using a direct connection with the av cables......i'll never go back to rf switches...its a big difference....you loose alot of the quality in games using it.........you using a rf switch dabomb?

Dabomb
01-04-2003, 04:45 PM
I was, but as you said i discovered how much better it was visually and have never gone back to it scine.

Liquid Gears
01-04-2003, 05:25 PM
So lets come to a decision what the problem is. For sure, is it just the cable? If so, how am I supposed to get it fixed? Do I do it myself or do I take it in to some store?

Dabomb
01-04-2003, 06:42 PM
that is a good question and i hope someone can answer it for us

Zion
01-04-2003, 10:21 PM

The problem is your TV. I've seen a couple of TV's that would display Xbox in b&w, while it worked fine on other TV's.

Get a new TV!

Professor Kaos
01-04-2003, 10:33 PM
I would say try replacing your cable(s) or if you use the rf adaptor just use channel 3 instead of 4 or visa versa.

Spic_Tacular26
01-05-2003, 12:02 AM
Thats happened to me while i was playing Hitman 2 once..... it was weird...... and the volume stopped too...... i was soooo
P!SSED!!:mad: but changed T.V.s and it stoped...... so it might be ur T.V, hook up ur Xbox to a diff T.V in ur house and see if it happens again:)

Liquid Gears
01-05-2003, 12:06 AM
Give me a break. It isn't your TV, don't be stupid. I think it's the hard drive taking its damn time warming up :rolleyes:

Spic_Tacular26
01-05-2003, 12:09 AM
nooooo, my T.V was old, VERY old, just saying urs might be too, jerk :D jokin

Rochey69r
01-05-2003, 01:04 AM
strange. i have never heard of this happening b4

:mad:

Dabomb
01-05-2003, 12:07 PM
I dont think it is my TV, because it has happened on one of my TVs too

Cloud Strife
01-06-2003, 01:03 PM
Hasn't happened to me. The only system that I turned on and something funny happened was my Playstation. Knock on wood.;)

Spaztic
01-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
I was reading about this on some other site. I can't remember exactly what the problem was, I think powering the audio system on after powering on the xbox caused this to happen, if you were using a 5.1 system. I can't remember what else was causing this. Just go do a search on the net, it shouldn't be hard to find.

I have 5.1 and always powerup my system after the xbox. Have not had this issue yet.