PDA

View Full Version : XboX Magazine ???

Pimpn419
11-24-2001, 02:00 AM
Hey guys,

I went out and bought an xbox magazine from a local book store and It was the one where the demo was non-interactive and It had the number 01 on the disk. I subscribed to the magazine about 2 weeks or so ago... I was wondering If the first magazine they'll send me will be the one I already have or If It will be the next one? Also, does It matter when I subscribe to the magazine to which mags I'll get or are there only 12 issues asside from the one that was out before the xbox? I'm just confused about the whole thing.. can somebody clear a few things up for me?

How long does It usually take to recieve the magazine?

-Matt

Hermes
11-24-2001, 06:09 AM
If you are lucky you will get the next issue with the interactive demo. Number #02. But it might take them until #03 to get it out to you. If you go to oxmonline.com you can enter your email in the customer care menu and it will tell you your account status and which issue your subscription will start on. It took them a good 8 weeks to process my subscription but I know other people had better luck. Why would you think that there will only be twelve issues total? As long as Xbox is doing good, there will be a new issue every month. Just like any other magazine.

Pimpn419
11-25-2001, 09:05 PM
I was reffering to my one year subscription (12 issues). Thanks for that web-site...

-Matt

Pimpn419
11-25-2001, 09:16 PM
I checked out that site and I checked out the status of my order. Everything was correct.

While I was looking at my status I noticed It said they were waiting for payment or something like that. When I sent the order form In.. I marked the bill me later box. So won't they start sending me the magazine first and then I pay later when they bill me? Or are they waiting until they get the money before they start sending It?

-Matt

Frostberg
11-25-2001, 09:23 PM
they will send you an issue with a bill or a bill very soon after that...if you dont pay they just wont send you any more mags

Pimpn419
11-25-2001, 09:53 PM
so how long will I have to pay before they stop sending?

also, on the status of my subscription It said that the first issue I'd be getting would be the January 2002 one.. and the last being the Dec. 2002 one.. and something about I'd be getting the #2 one first. will I be getting the Jan. issue before January 2002 or sometime during that month?

-Matt

Frostberg
11-25-2001, 10:06 PM
Well usually its just 1 free trial issue and if you dont like it or decide its not a good value for you, just write cancel on the invoice and send it back. I do this a lot and get lazy (also wont pay for stamps) and just dont send it back to then and after a few more bills they send you they eventually stop. Typically, magazines are old. This is one reason they arent really good for news. Because they are usually at least 1 month behind, January 2002 will be on sale in early december. However, the issue for January 2002 will have info from the early part of november to around now, and then it will go into print and ship off and so on. The only good OXM is good for are the demos, but it seems like its just as effective for you to rent a game and actually play that games full version for $5, and on that disc you will also get demos for other games...You have to suspect any reviews, expecially because Im sure it will be cluttered with advertisements (ahem, gamepro) and because the people dont do anything but xbox games, they will mostly point out how much the xbox is so great and such. I dont mind that because i love my xbox also, but I think they wont tell you when a game actually sucks...and thats why I love forums and websites.

Nato King
11-26-2001, 02:15 PM
I got my xbox magazine last Thursday and I pre-order my xbox back in October this is what it looks like.

I was on the internet and I came across this page about the xbox magazine and why it takes so long to get one after per-ordering.

Shipping & Fulfillment

Why does it take so long for magazines to arrive? Once you've placed an order, it takes approximately one to two weeks for your subscription to be received and scheduled by the publisher. Your subscription is then added to the publisher's next production cycle and shipped via standard mail. For example, if your monthly subscription was ordered and received by the publisher in November, and the December issue has already shipped, your order may be added to the January mailing.

Publishers ask that you allow 4 to 6 weeks (weekly magazines) and 6 to 10 weeks (monthly magazines) for delivery to start. Other less frequently published magazines may take longer to arrive. If you have not received your subscription within the expected time frame, please contact magazine customer service directly; they can help check on the status of your order. Rest assured, your subscription starts when you receive your first unit--not when you place your orders. If you subscribed for 12 issues in one year, you will receive all 12 issues.

oscarc619
01-25-2002, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the info. That definitely explains the delays.

DIGITAL
01-25-2002, 07:59 PM
those issues are old,last one i got in the mail around xmas had lord of the rings on the cover issue 3 i think ,i should get the next issue any day,but that still not soon enough,i want to play the wreckless demo NOW!!!!!!!

monkeyman
01-25-2002, 08:03 PM
im to poor to get those magazines:(
no actually im to cheap:D

Nato King
01-25-2002, 09:24 PM
I so far have purchased 2, XBOX Nation and Official XBOX Magazine they are both good in there own way but I like how the official XBOX magazine comes with a fully playable demo disk with 5 games each and many trailers for upcoming games. It even comes with a cardboard cut-out so you can place it inside any DVD case and store your demo game in there (I like using those AOL free 1,000,000,000,000,000 hour case that you get in the mail its exactly like a dvd case)

What Im really looking for is a magazine that will show me in more detail the levels in the games and how to get like special tricks, special levels or cheat codes.

If anyone of you have a magazine you have been reading and really like please share with us the name and why you like it.

skoot182
01-25-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
those issues are old,last one i got in the mail around xmas had lord of the rings on the cover issue 3 i think ,i should get the next issue any day,but that still not soon enough,i want to play the wreckless demo NOW!!!!!!!

Digital:

The reson they're talking about mags from 2 months ago is because this thread was from 2 months ago.

Raida7
01-26-2002, 07:48 AM
When you buy an Xbox it comes with a card for 1 free issue of Xbox Offical Magazine!!!

DrUnKtAnK
01-26-2002, 06:36 PM
If you don't pay after the second issue you get, they don't send you anymore until you pay...I just found that out....The most current issue is #4.

Frostberg
01-26-2002, 10:19 PM
lol ressurected thread...anyway if you just send in the cards in the mag and say bill me you can also get free issues, not just by one that came with the xbox...