PDA

View Full Version : I'll probably get flamed for this...

teXman
11-24-2001, 10:03 AM
PGR sucks man.... I'm not sure who compared it to GT3 and said it was better but the only thing that was better was the music options and the scenery. The physics are weird, the cars are jaggy, and the tracks are redundant. It would be a good rental. I know GT3 has it faults as well but it's still a solid game. Anyone want a copy of PGR?

vash the stampede
11-24-2001, 01:02 PM
hey, shut up, the only people that don't like pgr, are people who suck at racing games, in gt3, and all gt games, all u do is do ez races, save up ur money, and buy the best car in it's class, and destroy the race with no trouble cause ur car is twice as fast as the compuers. but in gothem, u got as good or worse cars, and u need to use skill to win.

and if u are wondering y the physics are weird, it is cause they are not arcade physics.

Heyyoudvd
11-24-2001, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by vash the stampede
hey, shut up, the only people that don't like pgr, are people who suck at racing games, in gt3, and all gt games, all u do is do ez races, save up ur money, and buy the best car in it's class, and destroy the race with no trouble cause ur car is twice as fast as the compuers. but in gothem, u got as good or worse cars, and u need to use skill to win.

and if u are wondering y the physics are weird, it is cause they are not arcade physics.

that's a lame excuse as to why PGR isn't as good as GT3.

I don't have either system, but I've played both of them quite a bit, and PGR is just mediocre.

Bakero
11-24-2001, 02:52 PM
PGR doesn't suck, but I am disappointed. :rolleyes: Yeah and the game play isn't arcade, I don't know what the heck it is and I can't quite say its very realistic on the physics. But if you're a real racing enthusiast and looking for realism GT3 is still the way to go, with all the specs stuff and the game play has realistic physics, the graphics isn't too bad either. Still though PGR is still a pretty decent game, just not as good as its been cracked up to be....oohh how I love hype. ;)

Twisted J
11-24-2001, 03:09 PM
im waiting for wreckles

teXman
11-24-2001, 05:29 PM
I actually love racing games and I'm quite good at them Vash. You forgot to mention that in order to "buy the best car in it's class, and destroy the race with no trouble cause ur car is twice as fast as the compuers" you have to win quite a bit. A feat that can be difficult at times in a Miata. Wreckless does look promising...

Jason1010
11-24-2001, 06:06 PM
its ok buddy... i agree with ya... i rented the game and thought it really sucked the big one too...

FraZz3k
11-24-2001, 06:29 PM
Oh no.. PGR is one of the games included in my package!! NOOO, hehe

Frostberg
11-24-2001, 09:43 PM
Well...considering all of the many numerous racing titles I could of bought for my xbox, im very happy with PGR

CO1
11-24-2001, 10:54 PM
I was really disapointed by PGR. The physics and the racing aren't too bad but the graphics were a real let down. The first 2 games I got were Halo and Fever and I was impressed with their graphics but so far PGR and Nascar Thunder 2002 have sucked as far as I'm concerned. 4x4 EVO 2 looks half decent but still not as good as I thought and none of them look as good as their screen shots or demos. I still have 10 more games being shipped and I don't know weather to be excited or worried about the graphic quallity.

GokuX
11-25-2001, 02:18 AM
I can't get why people think the graphics aren't so great. I've never seen such realistic looking cars. I've played GT3 and thought it was awesome graphically until I played this game. Guess some people aren't amazed until U can actually see all of the radio buttons fully 3d rendered in the dash board. This game isn't comparable to GT3 cuz it isn't trying to fit in the same racing game category. This is by far hugely improved over Midnight Street Racer, the prequel which was horrible and not so much fun. I'd suggest playing PGR with 4 players first before completely dismissing the game.

Hugh_Jass
11-25-2001, 08:19 AM
Maybe the people who are disappointed in the graphics on the XBox aren't using an Advanced or HD AV pack. I agree that the standard composite video connection out of the box leaves a bit to be desired.

teXman
11-25-2001, 11:54 AM
The graphics are beautiful, and yes I'm using the Advanced AV pack (S-Video). This really isn't a hardcore racing game. I probably shouldn't have approached it that way.

GokuX
11-25-2001, 01:45 PM
I guess ya just gotta take it for what it is, not a hardcore racing game but more of a style type racing game. I could see a comparison to GT3 or other simulator games if it tried to offer a huge selection of upgrades and a vast array of cars to purchase but it doesn't. I kinda like that it offers 125 tracks in total, though they don't vary as much as I'd like but still in multiplayer more tracks equals more fun. A better comparison would be to MSR on the Dreamcast, it handily defeats it and shows that the Kudos system can be kinda fun. It's at least a decent release title for once. It's better that Ridge Racer for the Playstation 1 when it came out.

batman46st
11-25-2001, 08:48 PM
look isnt gt3 coming outfor xbox if it does shut up n buy it.. ****!!! so much bickering fornothing and pgr is a really phat game!! some people cant seem to grasp the concept of gaming true gamers dont look for the easy way out i personaly think putting a game lower than normal is sucky........ dude if want to make pgr an easy game do like everyone sais and just save your money.

Bakero
11-25-2001, 10:57 PM
Sorry Batman but GT3 will not come out on X-Box It's made by Polyphony a Sony company....so no way in hell will it come to X-Box.

To all the people that's disappointed of the X-Box graphics, it's because you thought it would look 4 times better than the PlayStation2 games when its only about a 1/2 (my opinion) times better. Kinda like how some PlayStation2 fans thought the PlayStation2 would be 4 times better looking than Dreamcast games. but I still think the X-Box graphics looks good, hell I was satisfied with my Dreamcast. ;) So I don't think debating about which system has the better graphics matter all too much, They all look daammn good. :cool: It's really up to the game developers on how good the games will look cause all three systems gives them enough power to make the games look great. Hehe and also I think the GameCube and the X-Box graphics are just as good as each other. ;)

teXman
11-26-2001, 01:35 AM
Some people can't grasp the concept of grammar, nevertheless GT3 won't be coming to XBOX and GT3 isn't easy, not until you earn a vehicle that makes it easy.

Reverend Love
11-26-2001, 02:42 AM
I love how people are comparing X-Box's launch titles to Sony's current genre kings....

I hope that Sega answers GT3 with their Sega Car game or whatever the hell it's called. It would be nice to compare Sony's Sim, to an X-Box Sim...However to compare GT3 to PGR is absurd...the only thing remotely close is that;

A: Both Games Feature Cars
AND
B: You Drive Them

......aaah message boards, chicken soup for the soul.

Reverend Love

Bakero
11-26-2001, 11:10 AM
What’s wrong with people comparing X-Box games to the latest PlayStation2 games? I think it’s more absurd when people compare PlayStation2 launch tittles to the current X-Box games. Games that came out a year ago aren’t competing with games that are coming out right now. Halo isn’t going up against Fantavision, or Dead or Alive to The Bouncer. It’s going up against Devil May Cry, GT3, Final Fantasy X……. :cool:

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 11:31 AM
I have PGR and I love this game! This is a different type of racing game...it's not all about getting over the finish line first, you have to earn Kudos....This game is utterly brilliant this way.

GT3 blows a huge wad in my book. Who wants to race around a Ford Pinto? I'd rather stick with high profile cars. Give PGR three or four hours of playing so you can get good enough before you judge. I love the physics of this game...you just have to get used to them like getting used to any game. This is, by far, the most impressive racing game I have ever played. The only downfall that I can think of is racing on tracks other than in cities...but, this is not all that bad especially since I knew that the setting was in four major cities to begin with. Though, I would love to take my Audi TT out on a country road and see what it could do :D

I have played GT3 for many more hours than I have played PGR...and after only playing PGR for the first 3 hours, PGR kicked the hell out of GT3.