PDA

View Full Version : Overlooked games coming out this quarter

tWoTOMA
01-05-2003, 01:49 PM
Everyone knows about DOA Volleyball, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Ninja Gaiden, and all of them look like great games, although I'll probably only but Ninja Gaiden.

What people don't know about, or at least aren't talking about, are games like Vexx, Psychonauts, Mafia, Loose Cannon, and a few more. Vexx looks like a good platformer, which I really need. Psychonauts just seems very cool to me, because it's unique, like Blinx. Mafia is a great PC game that I really need to quench my GTA type cravings. And Loose Cannon is a game many people haven't heard of, but caught my eye at E3 2000, when it was supposed to be a PC game. It was a first person shooter with GTA type nonlinearity, and the use of cars. I've been stoked about it for 3 years now, and it's finally coming.

rockola
01-05-2003, 03:04 PM
yea Ive been trying to watch out for loose cannons but noone has any info on it any later than 2000. but my prediction is, loose cannon will be shown at E3 this year and blow everyone away. I think its being saved for e3

canadianboi3
01-05-2003, 04:46 PM
do u get invited for e3?? or can u just buy tix? and where is it

mj16hess
01-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Mafia is a great game that I have on the computer and if they would actually include a multiplayer aspect in the game I would certainly get it for X-box as well. Still, for someone that doesn't already have it that'll be a great purchase!

Knight
01-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by tWoTOMA
Everyone knows about DOA Volleyball, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Ninja Gaiden, and all of them look like great games, although I'll probably only but Ninja Gaiden.

What people don't know about, or at least aren't talking about, are games like Vexx, Psychonauts, Mafia, Loose Cannon, and a few more. Vexx looks like a good platformer, which I really need. Psychonauts just seems very cool to me, because it's unique, like Blinx. Mafia is a great PC game that I really need to quench my GTA type cravings. And Loose Cannon is a game many people haven't heard of, but caught my eye at E3 2000, when it was supposed to be a PC game. It was a first person shooter with GTA type nonlinearity, and the use of cars. I've been stoked about it for 3 years now, and it's finally coming.

Vexx is isn't going to be any good & Psychonauts should be a good game. Loose Cannon could be good if it's not delayed agian.

Dre
01-06-2003, 05:28 AM
I'm also looking forward to Pyschonauts... that game looks sweet. The animation style sorta makes me think of Tim Burton movies, which is definitely uber-cool!!

Vexx looks like it'll be a renter, but should be good for a couple days of playing.