PDA

View Full Version : Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Ford Mustang
01-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Does anyone have any info on this game for Xbox? It has a new subtitle for the Xbox and I heard that it's going to have Live support, co op multiplayer, and a new campaign game....is any of this confirmed and is there a release date? The article in the Christmas EGM was a bunch of uninforming junk...

badd
01-15-2003, 12:14 AM
it's supposed to come out this spring...which would be anywhere from 2 to 4 months. live is supported with "interesting" multiplayer modes, instead of just deathmatch.

OuFtb
01-15-2003, 02:33 PM
The name of the game for Xbox is "Return to Castle Wolfenstien Tides of War" I belive I am pretty sure it is, I read it somwere a couple of months ago.

Uchiha Sasuke
01-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Fusing epic World War II battles with heart-stopping covert operations and tactical combat, Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of WarTM uncovers Hitler's horrific obsession with the occult, living dead, and genetic mutations. As B.J. Blazkowicz, an Army Ranger recruited into the Office of Secret Actions (OSA), players infiltrate deep into the twisted bowels of the Third Reich to battle the unearthly super-soldiers, zombies and mutants forged in the experiments of Heinrich Himmler. With both two player co-op and full Xbox Live and System Link multiplayer support for the ultimate in team warfare, Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War delivers a frightening and action-packed adventure teeming with shocking paranormal experiments, perverted, flesh-chewing SS weaponry and bone chilling encounters with the Fuhrer's unrelenting henchmen.
Features:

Mission - The player assumes the role of B. J. Blazkowicz, a badass Army Ranger tasked with infiltrating the deepest realms of the Third Reich in an attempt to thwart Himmler's occult and genetic experiments. Initially teamed with another OSA operative, Agent One, players begin their journey in Egypt where they uncover the early stages of Himmler's plans. After being grounded by anti-aircraft artillery fire, players must overcome capture and the death of their new partner as they battle throngs of the Fuhrer's brainwashed soldiers and hordes of zombies in an epic campaign, which spans the globe from Egypt to Norway and the heart of Nazi Germany. The game features the most twisted and frightening enemies, including: SS Guards patrolling forests and secret military installations, zombies unleashed in ancient crypts, the mutant X-creatures - the product of the hideous secret X-lab facilities, and the terrifying Occult Priest.
CO-OP Action - The Allies only remaining hope in the battle against the insidious Reich lies in the hands of two men, B. J. Blazkowicz and his new partner Agent One. This Xbox exclusive split-screen co-op mode allows two friends to battle as B. J. Blazkowicz and Agent One through the entire single player campaign.
Multiplayer Warfare - Using Xbox Live or System Link, Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War multiplayer pits players in a team-based Axis versus Allies contest for front-line domination, where multiple player classes must mobilize and work together to accomplish mission objectives. Styles of play range from Objective mode all the way to a team-based Elimination mode. With battlefields designed specifically for play on the Xbox, players can enlist up to eight versus eight for fast and furious combat. Xbox Live players can invite other players from their buddy list to their game or jump straight into the action using Xbox Live Matchmaking to find a favorite style of gameplay. With the Xbox Live Communicator and full voice masking capabilities, players can verbally coordinate attacks, communicate enemy positions or scream for a medic.
Made for the Xbox - Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War delivers Dolby 5.1 audio, new monsters, weapons and useable items, an expanded storyline including new missions, co-op play and full Xbox Live and System Link multiplayer support for the definitive Xbox experience.
Tactical Combat - Every situation is different and players must survey each potential combat situation and decide how best to approach the combat by either using stealth or overwhelming firepower. With a robust scripting system and life-like AI and animation systems, tactical combat is taken to new levels.

.............Sounds like a tight game to me.

Ford Mustang
01-20-2003, 09:04 PM
If all of this is going to happen this is going to be one damn good game....The problem is alot of people might think that it's just another PC port, which it isn't (pc ports don't take a year)....There are sooo many added elements like the multiplayer, and the campaign mode is completely different from the original game...Nice

I will definitely pick this game up...The multiplayer Co-op is a great idea, so is the multiplayer and Live support...I hope this one is a big seller....:cool:

Stormlord
01-26-2003, 01:13 PM
It's not really a port. Just like how UT2k3 and UC aren't ports either. RtCW was being made for the consoles at the same time it was being created for PC. Consoles took longer because they were spit shine and polishing it, tweaking controls and waited for the online capabilities to be launched. Me and my bro worked out a deal. I get Wolf on Xbox and he'll get it on PS2. I can get them for $30 so it's no biggie. But it sucks that they gave exclusive levels to both versions. It'd be a whole lot easier to just give them the same stuff. :) :D :) :D :)

jhsu
01-28-2003, 09:14 PM
whoa...a new RTCW version on XBOX...hmm.....even though I have it on PC(and it's a blast, ESPECIALLY MP), I think i'll have to pick up the XBOX version

DreamShifter
01-30-2003, 02:05 AM
I was always a fan of Wolfenstein, and when RTCW came out on the PC, I had it almost immediately, and even if it was the same on the Xbox, I'd probably still get it. RTCW on the pc rocks, and if the xbox has added levels, along with all the other goodies, then this is definately a must have. And for those that never played it before, if you like a good shooter, don't bother renting it when it comes out, just buy it.

DreamShifter
01-30-2003, 02:23 AM
I was always a fan of Wolfenstein, and when RTCW came out on the PC, I had it almost immediately, and even if it was the same on the Xbox, I'd probably still get it. RTCW on the pc rocks, and if the xbox has added levels, along with all the other goodies, then this is definately a must have. And for those that never played it before, if you like a good shooter, don't bother renting it when it comes out, just buy it.

Stormlord
01-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by DreamShifter

I agree. :) :D :D