PDA

View Full Version : What Halo Is Come Be About Just Kill For Fun Or For What????????

HAROLD
01-05-2003, 08:02 PM
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HALO 2 IS COME BE ABOUT. PLEASE IF YOU KNOW TELL ME PLEASE SO I CAN KNOW THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :eek:

HAROLD
01-05-2003, 08:21 PM
PLEASE CAN YOU GUYS MAKE ANY COMMENTS :) :D :cool:

HAROLD
01-06-2003, 08:05 PM
That’s right, the master chief is back in a totally new world. For those of you who haven’t played Halo then here is what you should know. Halo was an amazing first-person shooter and the game of the year in 2001. It was praised for its combination of graphics, game play, and multiplayer options. You veterans shouldn’t get too excited yet cause this game isn’t coming out for another year (I know its hard to wait but there’s nothing we can do about it.) Also, the information in this article has been hinted by Bungie but none of it is official yet.

Forget what you know about good graphics because Bungie is working on a game that will blow you away. From the reflection of your helmet to the bullets flying out of your sniper, everything is immaculate. Bungie has added a lighting program that shows realistic shadows cast all over. What adds to the experience is the development of a technique called bump mapping. It allows the creator to use fewer polygons but create a more detailed object- very weird. For example, take a look at the warthog (one of the Master Chiefs most useful vehicles) before bump mapping and afterwards. The difference is amazing.

HAROLD
01-06-2003, 08:07 PM
know most of you Halo fans never got bored of this game but wouldn’t it be nice to have more than seven portable guns? Well now there are. Right now only two more are known but it should be a nice change. The master chief can now wield the fast shooting but not so accurate sub-machine gun or the slower firing very accurate assault rifle (it has a scope.) Other than weapons, the Master chief has many new toys. He can now drive a moon buggy thing for a lower-gravity type mission and a new flying craft called the Covenant Shadow (nice name.) Not much is known about the moon buggy but the Shadow is a one-seated ship with room for a gunner and two people to sit on the sides. This should be fun in multiplayer (more on that later.) The third known vehicle is the ATV. Like most of the other information, we don't know alot about itAlong with new weapons come new moves. No longer do you have to a trudge across a battlefield with enemies firing at you and get to the other side half dead. The master chief can now put his guns away and sprint for a limited period of time. Good work Bungie! Also, there is now a stealth type move that lets you peer around corners. You can’t shoot but the enemy can’t see you either. I personally think its not a very useful move but its a change.

A major difference in this game is that the vehicles are destructible. Come to think of it, everything is destructible, the walls, ground, vehicle, and your enemies. It’s not over the top like Red Faction where you could blow holes in the ground and hide in them. It’s just enough to be realistic.

Don’t expect this game to be as straighforward as the last one. Not only are the enemies stronger but they’re smarter to. Instead of running out screaming they look for you in groups. You can counter this in many ways but there are only two ways known so far. One is to hide in the dark. You can shoot out lights and stay in the darkness until they pass, but be careful because every once in a while an enemy will find you there. The second way is with the use of a new grenade. You can place a grenade somewhere and when a group goes by- BAM. No its not a proximity mine but its a detonator mine which is almost as good.

What would you call a battlefield with up to fifteen other people’s bullets, rockets, warthogs, and grenades flying past you face? Halo 2! Possibly the greatest addition to this game is the gigantic multiplayer option. You can now go online and play with up to sixteen people at a time (that’s right- sixteen!) From a one on one tournament to a team tournament, this will forever change the meaning of multiplayer. If you are worried about the price, X-Box Live is quite reasonable (compared to Gamecube.) This will be a great reason to buy X-Box.

This game will most likely be the best shooter of all time (until Halo 3.) If you are a first-person maniac then this is the game for you. Personally, I’m going to get X-Box, the game, and sign up for X-Box Live just for this game. If your wondering whether this is going to be worth a rent or a buy then just buy it!

ShannonX
01-06-2003, 10:19 PM
whered you get all this info at? sounds interesting.

Dre
01-09-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by HAROLD
Don’t expect this game to be as straighforward as the last one. Not only are the enemies stronger but they’re smarter to. Instead of running out screaming they look for you in groups. You can counter this in many ways but there are only two ways known so far. One is to hide in the dark. You can shoot out lights and stay in the darkness until they pass, but be careful because every once in a while an enemy will find you there.

Since when was Halo about waiting for enemies to pass me by? I wanna shoot the mofo's. Thats what a FPS is... I really doubt that the paragraph I quoted is true. Its Halo, not Splinter Cell.. if Bungie thinks we want to start shooting out lights and waiting in the dark for covenant to walk by then they're going to find many angry letters the day after Halo 2's release.

Apart from that, nice info but you can tell the guy is just reciting stuff he's read in articles.

Where did you find this Harold?

HAROLD
01-10-2003, 05:38 PM
I FOUND THAT IN ONE ARTICLE THAT I WAS READING LAST TIME BUT I FORGOT THE WEB PAGE SORRY :eek: :confused: :cool: :rolleyes:

HALO2
06-06-2003, 12:30 AM
this threads are all. l0l