PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer capabilities

fraggall
01-06-2003, 06:06 AM
Hi Fragstars,
I've just bought an xbox, ooh la la! I've fallen in love again, sad muppet.....don't tell Doris. Can a couple of mates and myself link three systems together and fight to the death on Halo? Or is that taking it too far? If so please advise on what is required.
Cheers freaks
Fraggall.

BCan
01-06-2003, 06:11 AM
You sure can, BUT you will need some network equipment, if you intend to use each persons machine......

BTW - Check www.xbconnect.com for online gaming without XBOX Live....

Anyway, you will need 4 normal network cables, a hub or switch, which are relatively cheap, and connect them all together. This will work for ANY XBOX game that has the SYSTEM LINK option for multi-player....

You can use this for 2 machines, but a simple network crossover cable will do for two machines only wanting to play - but if you have the above gear, use it anyway......

fraggall
01-07-2003, 05:14 AM
Cheers Bcan,
I appreciate your time and thanks for the gen, we'll get all the gear and give it a blast.
Have you any experience of Xbox live? Is it worthy?

Many thanks
Fraggall

BCan
01-07-2003, 05:46 AM
Sadly here in Australia we don't have it yet, I think about mid-year. Australia and New Zealand will get it together, and that will be our "local" match up area for Live games.....

Only can use XBConnect to play games online with my XBOX....

fraggall
01-08-2003, 05:45 AM
Yo BCan,
At least the weather over on you're side of the world is good and you can do loads of stuff outdoors, such as stuffing us English at cricket!! Us sad gits over here are living out Costeners Waterworld Fantasy, we need such things as xbox live just to keep ours heads above the water!!! I'd love to surf Bondi beach instead of surfing the net, well maybe not surf...too many sharks!! Just watching the babes playing beach volleyball instead of waiting for dead or alive volleyball to come out. Us Brits are F%@king sad and wish we'd left the convicts here and emigrated to Oz ourselves. Nevermind, at least there's no poisonious species over here, well except Al Queada!!!
Later BCan.
I've gotta go and slash my wrists!