PDA

View Full Version : My Comments on Halo

levelzero
01-06-2003, 10:25 AM
I recieved my XBox on Christmas, and I purchased Halo this past Friday. I have almost finished the game, as I played it non-stop this week end! (understand I'm married with a 10 month old, so "non-stop" = for a married man, and a small kid who got hauled out to Garden Ridge and the mall and the damn grocery store and etc...)

I can see how Halo called up so many "Half Life" ish comments. The story line is just fantastic! I have not been so involved in a game since Half Life. Bungie did a great job of bring you into the story. The cut scenes moved the story along, and the way in which the story un-folds leaves you excited to get to the next section.

The gameplay is just plain fantastic on the Xbox. The sheer joy of carefully lining up a Covanant in the cross hairs of a 10x zoomed in rifle and clicking that Trigger, well.....let's just say it made me smile.

I know I'm late on this, and you guys have been playing this game for a year now. But I was just so blown away by it, I had to post something about it here. The co-op mode was soooo much fun! I would like to thank Bungie for including co-op.

If you are a new Xbox owner, GO BUY THIS GAME! You want it, believe me.

JJaX
01-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Play it on Legendary to get the true gameplay. :)

Muliplayer is a blast too.

ARONO129
04-29-2003, 09:17 AM
After owning my Xbox for quite a while now I finally traded in two games to get Halo.

I actually made $$ on the trade. I traded in Rallisport Challange (paid $29.99) and Legends Of Wrestling I (paid $24.88) for Halo which was selling for 69.99. EB has the promotion on now where you trade 2 used games and $9.99 for a new game.

Now that I have Halo I can see why it won game of the year. It's an amazing game. I love it.

l Maximus l
05-02-2003, 02:13 AM
You like Halo that much? Well, get used to it, my friend...I've been playing Halo nearly every other day since November 15th, 2001 :wink:

The game is, by far, the best game I've ever played. It's going to be extremely difficult to compete with.

Keep in mind that Halo also boasts an amazing multi-player section. The Campaign mode is excellent, I agree...but, it's not until you master the multi-player maps that will truly get you giddy like a 3 year old girl licking a lollipot while performing aerials on a splendid and enchanting game of hopscotch :D

It's even more amazing when you system link your XBox with 1-3 more...get 4 guys on one T.V. that are on the same team and get four other guys on another XBox and T.V. that are on the same team... don't forget the beer, too :D

Xbox Owner
05-02-2003, 07:57 PM
Halo = Multiplayer = fun. Especially Blood Glutch. (I think that's the name..I haven't played halo for a few months.:watchout: )

Slayer02
05-02-2003, 08:31 PM
Sidewinder > all, kind of sucks you can cheat on it, though. But halo is like this: Halo (a.k.a. sweetest game ever, best game ever made, etc.) > all other games ever invented excluding Breakout and pong.

mailman
05-03-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by levelzero
I recieved my XBox on Christmas, and I purchased Halo this past Friday. I have almost finished the game, as I played it non-stop this week end! (understand I'm married with a 10 month old, so "non-stop" = for a married man, and a small kid who got hauled out to Garden Ridge and the mall and the damn grocery store and etc...)

I can see how Halo called up so many "Half Life" ish comments. The story line is just fantastic! I have not been so involved in a game since Half Life. Bungie did a great job of bring you into the story. The cut scenes moved the story along, and the way in which the story un-folds leaves you excited to get to the next section.

The gameplay is just plain fantastic on the Xbox. The sheer joy of carefully lining up a Covanant in the cross hairs of a 10x zoomed in rifle and clicking that Trigger, well.....let's just say it made me smile.

I know I'm late on this, and you guys have been playing this game for a year now. But I was just so blown away by it, I had to post something about it here. The co-op mode was soooo much fun! I would like to thank Bungie for including co-op.

If you are a new Xbox owner, GO BUY THIS GAME! You want it, believe me.

Glad to hear u like the game, i too was addicted to halo once i first played it. the multiplayer is still addictive as well,

oh and my favorite level is hang em high, rat race, and derilect (only when rockets only)

l Maximus l
05-03-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by mailman

Glad to hear u like the game, i too was addicted to halo once i first played it. the multiplayer is still addictive as well,

oh and my favorite level is hang em high, rat race, and derilect (only when rockets only)

Yeah! Rockets only at Derelict with 8 or more dudes is awesome! I also like Rockets only on Prisoner :D Hang Em High with Rockets only is insanity with 16 dudes...it's unbelievable! The level doesn't look the same afterwards :D hehe

EHWfedPres
05-03-2003, 10:55 AM
try playing on Longest with 8 people and only rockets...constant death for everyone, its insane. We played ctf on that map also...incredibly hard to get back alive. Hang Em High is the perfect koth map. Derelict is especially fun when you play team crazy king with 8 people.

l Maximus l
05-04-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
try playing on Longest with 8 people and only rockets...constant death for everyone, its insane. We played ctf on that map also...incredibly hard to get back alive. Hang Em High is the perfect koth map. Derelict is especially fun when you play team crazy king with 8 people.

King of the Hill is also cool in Chill Out. Crazy King, of course.

I even like Crazy King at Chiron...I'm one of the few :D

jaboo
05-04-2003, 08:06 PM
U know wuts fun

melee a sword elite......

in multiplayer runnin friends over in a warthog

flyin a banshee

soooooo addictive

No Fear 23
05-05-2003, 02:24 PM
try playing rockets only on prisoner wiht at least 8 players. its impossible to stay alive for more than 2 seconds. lol

*respawn......................next thing happens is ur bodys flying through the air thuds into the ground*

Let the bodies hit the floor!!!:cheers:

Trento52
05-15-2003, 08:31 PM
you guys love that game so much it is going to be hard to top that i hope halo 2 doesn't let you down, microsoft and bungie wouldn't let that happen so it will rock!

bretman1234
05-19-2003, 04:12 PM
ROCKETS WITH WARTHOGS ON BLOOD GULCH!!!

'nuff said