PDA

View Full Version : Im very close to just saying screw you Microsoft

AlBoogy
01-06-2003, 11:14 AM
This is it for me. I bought an XBox on day one with a replacement plan. It started having some bad problems around Sept/Oct and I replaced it. Now the new one I have is starting to take a dump too. The controller ports dont work and Im always having problems while playing online. My replacement plan only covered a one time replacement. So I called tech support told them everything and they tell me "all I can do is give you 25% off of the 99.95 for repair" WTF?! I didnt complain when they lowered it to 200, I didnt complain when they gave 2 free games and I didnt complain when I had to replace my first XBox when it had problems. But I've had it. Sorry guys, This is the last straw. Im going to call again and maybe something changes but if not, I am through. You would think a company with so much money could accomidate the hardcore gamer like us that has stuck with them since day one and have convinced many people to go with xbox. But I have just realized that they can care less about the customer.

LynxFX
01-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Sorry to hear about all of your problems. That definately sucks and if it were me I would probably be thinking about doing the same thing. Hopefully MS will fix your problem and everything will be swell.

Good customer service is a rare treat these days. :(

AlBoogy
01-06-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
Sorry to hear about all of your problems. That definately sucks and if it were me I would probably be thinking about doing the same thing. Hopefully MS will fix your problem and everything will be swell.

Good customer service is a rare treat these days. :(

Thanx Lynx at least someone didnt just turn there head when reading my thread. Over 30 views and no replys. I guess no one wants controversy when it comes to the XBox. Anyway, I called again and the same thing. "We will cover shipping charges and knock off 25 dollars. So it will be 75 dollars."

Ive had fun with Live, and all my games. And as you can see Ive been a follower for a long time of this ste and xbox in general. But in a time where they have to try and make as many people happy as possible they are doing the opposite. Sorry for venting.

hiter101
01-06-2003, 12:48 PM
yea dude that really does suck maybe u can return your xbox to walmart or something if u still have the box and stuff

:)

RudedogX
01-06-2003, 12:48 PM
Hate to see that happen man! You've definetly supported the box for a while now, along with several others on here. Hopefully, there's someone out there that can hook you up some how and get the box replaced or repaired for you without that charge. Good luck man!:D

Cloud Strife
01-06-2003, 01:01 PM
I thought Microsoft's support service was excellent. I've called them four times and they are probably the nicest people in the world.;) I called and told this one lady about the DDE on my Xbox and she told me I can get mine fixed for free. I also called them twice because I was having trouble understanding the shipping form and they helped me out. They even wished me a Merry Christmas.;) Then, when I was wondering where my Xbox was because I didn't get any notices, I gave them the wrong email by accident, the guy on the phone track my shipment and told me they repaired it and its being shipped back to me. I thanked the guy on the phone. I got my Xbox one hour after I made the phone call. It took only four days to get my Xbox back from when I sent it to Airborne Express. Best customer service ever. They even sent me a card to evaluate what I thought of customer care. I give them perfect ratings. I love you Microsoft.:)

However, I'm going to cut my Xbox support in half. I need to give more support to my Gamecube, Playstation 2, and the adapter to play GBA games on Gamecube. I want a GBA but I don't like to play games on a small, dark screen. I'm used to the backlight of the Game Gear and Sega Nomad. I still haven't purchased Metroid Prime and Dance Dance Revolution Max so I got to get cracking. I haven't been making much money lately.:(

ARONO129
01-06-2003, 01:28 PM
I don't remember reading anywhere that MS only replaces the Xbox one time. I guess they tell you that after you send your $$$ in.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems. Why not call back and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain how unhappy you are with their customer service. Tell them how much you spent on your xbox and games (and Live as you mentioned online) and how you have been a long time loyal customer. Tell them that you want it fixed for free.

Good luck and let us know what happens. I don't blame you for being:mad: :mad: :mad:

The MS Extended Warranty states TWO YEARS not a one time replacement. Also tell them that is false advertising.

Here is the link that plainly states two years:

http://www.xbox.com/support/extwarranty.htm

Nat
01-06-2003, 02:11 PM
Sorry to hear that, but it's true that customer support is a dieing art in the electronics industry.:( Hopefully they'll be able to help you out.

OppiumNitrates
01-06-2003, 02:47 PM
I had a prob with my Xbox and used the warrenty I bought at the store. . . when I got the replacement Xbox they offered another warrenty so I bought that also. . . . They didnt offer a warrenty when they replaced it the first time?

Shorezy
01-06-2003, 02:52 PM
That really sux man. I hope everything works out for you. If i were you i would probably be doin the same thing. You've obviously been patient up to this point and that is definitely understandable. Wish you the best of luck man.
The Costumer is number one, if these guys arn't treating you that way, than there going to loose a loyal one.

Slacker
01-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
I don't remember reading anywhere that MS only replaces the Xbox one time. I guess they tell you that after you send your $$$ in.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems. Why not call back and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain how unhappy you are with their customer service. Tell them how much you spent on your xbox and games (and Live as you mentioned online) and how you have been a long time loyal customer. Tell them that you want it fixed for free.

Good luck and let us know what happens. I don't blame you for being:mad: :mad: :mad:

The MS Extended Warranty states TWO YEARS not a one time replacement. Also tell them that is false advertising.

Here is the link that plainly states two years:

http://www.xbox.com/support/extwarranty.htm

It is a two year deal, Best Buy,Circuit city have the "one" time replacement deal, if he had gotten a Microsoft Warranty the one you mail in , he would'nt have to pay I have a two year, and My friend has one he sent it back twice and it didn't cost him anything , so if you have the microsft deal then everything is cool if you have the Dumb Store warranty then your screwed ,

ARONO129
01-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Slacker

It is a two year deal, Best Buy,Circuit city have the "one" time replacement deal, if he had gotten a Microsoft Warranty the one you mail in , he would'nt have to pay I have a two year, and My friend has one he sent it back twice and it didn't cost him anything , so if you have the microsft deal then everything is cool if you have the Dumb Store warranty then your screwed ,

What ticks me off is that MS still does not offer their Extended Warranty in Canada so I bought a two year\replace once store warranty. At least it's some peace of mind.

ShannonX
01-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I want a GBA but I don't like to play games on a small, dark screen. I'm used to the backlight of the Game Gear and Sega Nomad. I still haven't purchased Metroid Prime and Dance Dance Revolution Max so I got to get cracking. I haven't been making much money lately.:(

theres a company that makes some nifty backlight screens for you gba, you should check it out, its hundreds of times better, even in "good" light conditions. I would give you the link, but i seem to have misplaced it....

Cloud Strife
01-06-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA

theres a company that makes some nifty backlight screens for you gba, you should check it out, its hundreds of times better, even in "good" light conditions. I would give you the link, but i seem to have misplaced it.... Thanks, I'll have to look into that.;)

Motley
01-06-2003, 07:38 PM
I can understand you being ticked that they didn't fix your second box for free, but being ****ed because they lowered the price after you bought the game?

Come on man, everyone knows that prices on all electronics drop quite a bit after release, and they do all kinds of marketing (like adding 2 games) to keep those sales a coming.

You really don't have any reason at all to be ****ed that M/S dropped the price.

ShannonX
01-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Thanks, I'll have to look into that.;)

heres the link http://www.tritonlabs.com/

i believe this is the one i remember reading about about a year ago. you should check it out, i think you might like it.

but you cant be afraid to do a little modding on your gba which will obviously void any type of warrenty. But if i ever picked up a gba, i'd definately mod it so it had the backlit screen.

Cloud Strife
01-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA

heres the link http://www.tritonlabs.com/

i believe this is the one i remember reading about about a year ago. you should check it out, i think you might like it. I just checked that out. That makes me want to buy a GBA. I had problems with my Game Boy Color screen being dark so I wanted a back light. The back light was nice in my Game Gear, Sega Nomad, and Atari Lynx. GBA has several games I want. Just have to get the money.:(

MerimacHamwich
01-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Light issues was one of the main reasons I got rid of my GBA. It is incredibly frustrating when you finally find a GBA game you like but you can't see it!

MidniteArrow
01-07-2003, 12:40 AM
I've got a suggestion for all you out there that buy warrantys. Stop. Instead, everytime you'd normally buy one, put that money into a savings account. When something breaks after the default manufacturer's warranty is up, just replace it from that account. Trust me - you'll never run out of money in that account. Instead, you'll realize why the store clerks are so pushy about selling warrantys. Also - always buy with a credit card. You basically get a 90 day warranty on everything that you buy with MasterCard.

BCan
01-07-2003, 02:19 AM
How many people actually have their XBOX on a shelf, or in a case, to protect it?

Or is it like most of us that have them sitting on the floor.....

For the amount of money spent on consoles, it is amazing how we really treat them, like they are a dime a dozen. Treat them like you would a PC, and it is rare they will play up on you. I am going to get a carry case for mine, and always leave it in there to protect it. It's a small amount to pay for piece of mind..

AlBoogy
01-07-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Motley
I can understand you being ticked that they didn't fix your second box for free, but being ****ed because they lowered the price after you bought the game?

Come on man, everyone knows that prices on all electronics drop quite a bit after release, and they do all kinds of marketing (like adding 2 games) to keep those sales a coming.

You really don't have any reason at all to be ****ed that M/S dropped the price.

You obviously didnt read what I typed. I said, I DIDNT complain when they dropped it. Many people on xbox boards cant say the same. There were alot of people complaining about how we should get money back, get vouchers. I wasnt one of them.

Insane Jester
01-08-2003, 10:10 AM
its like war ... for no reason but our own we lose good people ... damn u microsoft DAMN UUUU....