PDA

View Full Version : a game I think will be "RE-Unvieled (sp)" at E3

rockola
01-08-2003, 12:55 AM
I was thinking because I had been spending some time over the last month trying to find info on this game. the game Loose Cannon is being published by ubisoft and made by sinister games. if you look there is no info newer than 2000 on this game and the sinister games website has a statement saying that they are hard at work on Loose cannon and info will be put out at a later time. now if you look through EB games and Gamestop coming soon list, it is listed to come out in a few months.

from what I can tell. Loose cannons started out as a game that was being made by digital anvil and published by microsoft for the PC, I think development actually started befor GTA3. but since then, publishing was changed to ubi. then later still, I think digital anvil was bought by MS and developing was changed to ubi. and I dont know what sinister games have to do with ubi but from what I can tell they are developing the games and Ubi is publishing. but does the game still belong to MS?

anyway after all of that, I have came to this conclusion. Loose cannons will be re-introduced to everyone at E3 this year. It will be just about done, and it will be one of those E3 surprises that will knock everyones socks off. It is probably the reason that MS didnt go to too much hassle to get gta3 on xbox.

rockola
01-08-2003, 11:59 AM
For those of you that dont know what loose cannon is here are som articles on it

http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/depart/mar00/gamestock/loose.html

http://pc.ign.com/articles/130/130579p1.html

MerimacHamwich
01-08-2003, 12:27 PM
Definetely seems better than GTA3. Graphically, gameplay-wise, story depth and it has multiplayer modes!

I would be very happy to see this come out this year, wether on the xbox, PC or both. Thanks for the info.
:)

EHWfedPres
01-08-2003, 01:00 PM
I've been looking forward to Loose Cannon for the longest time now, but I havent heard anything new on it at all...hopefully its not scrapped.

Shorezy
01-08-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I've been looking forward to Loose Cannon for the longest time now, but I havent heard anything new on it at all...hopefully its not scrapped.

I don't think i've even heard of this game. Maybe once or twice. These articles look farely old too. I sure hope it isn't scrapped. This game looks and sounds like it would finally give a "Gta" to the Xbox.

**ONLINE TOO!

rockola
01-08-2003, 01:51 PM
:D

http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/depart/mar00/gamestock/loose1.jpg

Stormlord
01-08-2003, 02:21 PM
Sounds really cool. But can you imagine all the flak that X-Box will get from PS2 fanboys for this game if it comes to the big black box? HAHAHA they couldn't get GTA3 so they had to rip it off and make a copy cat game. And if it is better like always they come up with some lame excuse to why it sucks beacuse it's on X-Box. When GTA3 was still said to come to X-Box they knew it would have better graphics so then they said that the violence would be taken out..................THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME! I hope this does come out. 2003-04 will belong to the X-Box.:cool: :)

Ethereal S. D.
01-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
Sounds really cool. But can you imagine all the flak that X-Box will get from PS2 fanboys for this game if it comes to the big black box? HAHAHA they couldn't get GTA3 so they had to rip it off and make a copy cat game. And if it is better like always they come up with some lame excuse to why it sucks beacuse it's on X-Box. When GTA3 was still said to come to X-Box they knew it would have better graphics so then they said that the violence would be taken out..................THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME! I hope this does come out. 2003-04 will belong to the X-Box.:cool: :)

Nothing can be said more justly or more truthfully. I hope that they don't dim down the violence. Maybe include an option to remove gore just to appease some parents so we can get GTA 3 sooner.

EHWfedPres
01-08-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Ethereal S. D.

Nothing can be said more justly or more truthfully. I hope that they don't dim down the violence. Maybe include an option to remove gore just to appease some parents so we can get GTA 3 sooner.

Or how about a sig that fits the requirements? :)

Anyway, Loose Cannon was being made before GTA3...so hopefully they will release the game with better graphics instead of having a good game hampered down by poor visuals

Cloud Strife
01-08-2003, 03:42 PM
I was have been looking into Loose Cannon for a while although it's not really my type of game. I can see Police Officers buying that game. I just hope it blows away the GTA series.

EHWfedPres
01-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I just hope it blows away the GTA series.

The only good game in the GTA series is GTA3...1 and 2 were pathetic and Vice City is GTA3 with hardly any changes at all, which is boring.

DIGITAL
01-08-2003, 03:56 PM
the game sounds cool ,i hope to hear more about the game in the next couple of months!

MerimacHamwich
01-08-2003, 05:15 PM
Vice City is pretty much a mod for GTA3 but PS2 has no harddrive so they sold it seperate, as a whole new game.

Like EHW said, this game was being made BEFORE GTA3. Therefor PS2 and GTA fanboys have no argument about it being a copycat.

xbox genius
01-08-2003, 06:17 PM
finally a gta game on xbox. man i thought microsoft would never get a game like it. i wuz beginning to wonder how come microsoft didnt make their own gta game. for one, i dont give a piece of crap if ps2 fanboys think its a copy cat game of gta series, as long as it is fun to play thats all that matters

JimmieDoogan
01-08-2003, 06:20 PM
Vice City was supposedly (according to rockstar north) in the making before GTA3. GTA3 was actually something they just churned out so they could satiate the crowds until Vice City was released. I can't confrim this personally, but it was supposedly stated by the creators themselves. As per this game, it looks awsome. I remember when I first heard of it. LONG AGO! At the time it looked great (When a Voodoo 2 SLI machine was top of the line) Wish I could get ahold of a V2 or 2... there's a great game my dad loves to play on it and for some reason my GF3 always hated it. N E way, I too hope this game hasn't been scrapped (as it's very likely) and that it comes out soon. I'm sure it would be loads of fun. And those graphics do look better than GTA... and that's an OLD shot too!!!

EHWfedPres
01-08-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by xbox genius
i thought microsoft would never get a game like it.

Havent heard of True Crime, huh? :)

Viper87227
01-08-2003, 07:11 PM
Holy crap. I saw this game in a PC Magazine years ago. Atleast 3 if not 4 years. I gave up on it after a year. When I started reading this post i was thinkin this game title sounds farmilliar now i see the screens im in heaven. Is this game actually coming to xbox?

Stormlord
01-08-2003, 07:45 PM
No one knows. The guy just said that it's probably a game that would be re-unveiled at E3. But never lose hope.:cool: :) ;)

xbox genius
01-08-2003, 08:02 PM
ehwfedpres, i meant as in microsoft or pc and no other console will get a game of gta type excpet for microsoft... i know true crime is comin. hehe i'm gonna go after it! but one draw back its on all consoles:( oh well.... so i rather have this game instead if its only gonna be on either pc or on xbox! :)

Stormlord
01-08-2003, 08:15 PM
I hope Postal 2 and Unreal 2: The Awakening comes to X-Box. The X-Box has the power to handle the Unreal Warefare engine plus Unreal Warfare (the real game) should start to be developed.

Koopa
01-08-2003, 10:15 PM
If this loose cannon thing is true...and it has multiplay modes...I'm pretty sure all us xbox fans would never again use the letters G, T, or A...

except maybe ya know....when we needed to for posting or something..yeah...okayit was a bad comparison, shut up. lets see YOU do better!

MerimacHamwich
01-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Referring to this game as a GTA 3 type game is wrong. GTA# should be referred to as a Loose Cannon Type game. Kinda like how 1080 came out on N64 and then the other one came out and people started saying it was copying 1080. Except that it was in development way before 1080.

Sleazy P Martini
01-09-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Vice City is pretty much a mod for GTA3 but PS2 has no harddrive so they sold it seperate, as a whole new game.

Like EHW said, this game was being made BEFORE GTA3. Therefor PS2 and GTA fanboys have no argument about it being a copycat.

Well for one thing, the gameplay in GTA hasn't changed much since the original game. The major difference in the third installment being 3D graphics. GTA2 was pretty much the same as GTA1. It had a new city and some minor improvements. Same thing applies for Vice City. And as far as the whole copycat thing goes.....Personally I don't care. Bring on the clones I say, since I love the "GTA type" gameplay.

rockola
01-09-2003, 11:05 AM
I dont really consider it copycatting (is that a word hehe) around the time quake 2 came out there were a host of other FPS's that came out in the months afterwards: Sin, Shogo, Blood2, Halflife, Unreal, Requiem. and since Quake pretty much owned things untill then everyone looked at those other games as quake killers and clones. in all reality it was a genre that just happen to take off and everyone was making thier entry into that genre, just like we are seeing everyone making MMORPG's and how everyone at one time were making RTS games. GTA3 is just a game in a yet unnamed game genre that other developers are starting to get into. and its just a matter of time that the genre will either die out or be bested by another game. thats just the way it is. noone shoulod expect or want there to be only 1 game to get in either genre forever

Stormlord
01-09-2003, 05:56 PM
I didn't say it is a copy cat. I mean the PS2 fanboys would say that because it just might be the game to beat the GTA series at its own game. Trust me they'll act like my daddy is better than your daddy type of way or Iwas born first so that makes me better. :cool: :) :D ;)

RadRider
01-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Just felt like adding that Loose Cannon has been one game I've had my eye on for some time. Looks far better than Brute Force, but not quite as nice graphically. I hope it hasn't been canned.

Kortiz
01-09-2003, 11:23 PM
if it is being talked about still after all this time.....it wont get "canned" no game gets publicity after 4 or more years and then stops.

Stormlord
01-10-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
if it is being talked about still after all this time.....it wont get "canned" no game gets publicity after 4 or more years and then stops.

Exactly, look at Halo. The Mac and PC gamers didn't know what happend to it (it was 3 or 4 years in the making) and the last news they got was that Microsoft bought Bungie and it was being brought to X-Box instead of PC. :) :D :cool: ;)

xboxman_1
01-10-2003, 10:23 AM
Just felt like adding that Loose Cannon has been one game I've had my eye on for some time. Looks far better than Brute Force, but not quite as nice graphically. I hope it hasn't been canned.

Brute Force and this game are two, totally different games....

MerimacHamwich
01-10-2003, 11:07 AM
He knows they are. He just thinks that this one will be more fun than Brute Force. Bad comparison, but it is still his opinion.

By the way, there hasn't been any publicity about this game. The dude just said he thought it would be re-unvieled at E3. These are old screens and everything.

Heres to hoping.
:)

Cloud Strife
01-10-2003, 11:17 AM
I remember hearing there was a developer who wanted to bring out a Serial Killer game. However, it would probably never get released.

MerimacHamwich
01-10-2003, 11:26 AM
I am glad no one has made one yet. Then I think those ignorant people who say videogames make people kill, might be right. GTA3 is violent enough. The good thing about this game is that you are somewhat of a police man. So the violence is "permitted" becuase you are stopping crime, not causing it.

Kleen
01-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Some of you guys are so ridiculous. Why don't you wait until the game comes out (and you actually play it) before you start talking crap? You talk about The PS2 guys, but you do & say the same things. A year ago at PS2 IGN you would hear, "The PS2 will be able to stream high res textures through the vector units soon, devs ae just lazy!"...BS. Games look better but for the most part textures still are in the "suck zone." Tekken 4 probably has the best texture work (character-wise) on the PS2.

And then you talk smack about GTA as if you're not completely transparent -- you're ****ed because GTA3 & VC are not coming to XBOX (it's painfully obvious by the obsession with GTA-like games, but derrogatory comments towards GTA). So was I, but what can you do? Hopefully not pump up every "GTA-like" game that is rumored for the XBOX. The GTA series has become one of the greatest examples of excellent game design in history. If you honestly don't like it you're either *** or somebody's mom. :D

If you think Loose Cannon is not heavily influenced by GTA then you must have your head up you ass. What the hell do you think it's allegedly been doing in development all these years? Hopefully it will be a good game, but I wouldn't bet my **** on it -- nor should you. You'll be the same guys complaining about how overhyped Loose Cannon (or whatever game it is next time) when you were the ones doing all the hyping.

Stormlord
01-10-2003, 07:53 PM
What in the world are you talking about? No one is bad mouthing GTA, but GTA would be nothing without going 3D. Without 3D it would not reach the 6 or 7 million units. Plus what about Postal? I heard it was around the time of the first GTA. Plus Postal 2's violence is believed to make GTA look like kids play. It's in FPS perspective and uses the Unreal Warfare engine, so it should killthe competition. Of course it's a PC only game. So what happens probably 2 million sales will be made. If put on a console, no doubt the sales would soar. :) :D :cool: ;)

Kleen
01-12-2003, 12:46 AM
Isn't Gary Coleman in Postal 2? I wasn't taking about Postal 2, I'm just saying 1) don't hype up games you haven't even seen in motion yet 2) don't try to talk down GTA3 & VC, they're two of the best games ever created, and would sell millions on any and every system.

GTA came out around '98 on the PC then PS1. I lost interest very early because the graphics sucked (I had the PS1 version) and it had Resident Evil tank controls from a top-down perspective. That's just me though, many people at college loved it. I heard about it from word of mouth in the first place. A 3D world was just the logical progression. Take 3D out of any game today and see if you still want to play it.

rockola
01-12-2003, 02:36 AM
I wasnt talking down gta or vice city, they are good games. but be honest, the thing about gta3 that sells the game is not the actual gameply its self. its becaus of the other features of the game, being able to fight/kill random people/police, pick up hoes etc. whenever i go to someones house and they are playing gta3, all they are doing is finding spots where they can continuously kill police, and snip people, or doin crazy jumps. you could take away the story/missions all together and make it so that the only object is to do as much random crime possible it would still sell millions.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Stormlord
What in the world are you talking about? No one is bad mouthing GTA, but GTA would be nothing without going 3D. Without 3D it would not reach the 6 or 7 million units. Plus what about Postal? I heard it was around the time of the first GTA. Plus Postal 2's violence is believed to make GTA look like kids play. It's in FPS perspective and uses the Unreal Warfare engine, so it should killthe competition. Of course it's a PC only game. So what happens probably 2 million sales will be made. If put on a console, no doubt the sales would soar. :) :D :cool: ;) That's right, GTA3 and Vice City wouldn't be popular if they weren't in 3-D.

Kleen
01-12-2003, 12:40 PM
That's B.S. So the popularity of GTA and other legacy 2D games turned 3D is somehow illegitimate? The first few GTA games were very popular. If you think 3D has that much of an effect on a games popularity, why aren't more games selling better? If that's all there is to it any game similar to GTA3 should sell several millions of copies. The 3D implementation only adds to the high level of freedom of the GTA series.

Cloud Strife
01-13-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Kleen
That's B.S. So the popularity of GTA and other legacy 2D games turned 3D is somehow illegitimate? The first few GTA games were very popular. If you think 3D has that much of an effect on a games popularity, why aren't more games selling better? If that's all there is to it any game similar to GTA3 should sell several millions of copies. The 3D implementation only adds to the high level of freedom of the GTA series. Not really. How come did the 2-D GTA games didn't start selling on Playstation until GTA3 came out. It was because nobody cared about before besides PC gamers.

EHWfedPres
01-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I am glad no one has made one yet. Then I think those ignorant people who say videogames make people kill, might be right. GTA3 is violent enough. The good thing about this game is that you are somewhat of a police man. So the violence is "permitted" becuase you are stopping crime, not causing it.

Video games do not make people kill, its just certain messed up kids with their own problems that kill people. If a game MADE people kill, you would see 7 million murders a day, even more. Get serious...:o

Kleen
01-13-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by rockola
I wasnt talking down gta or vice city, they are good games. but be honest, the thing about gta3 that sells the game is not the actual gameply its self. its becaus of the other features of the game, being able to fight/kill random people/police, pick up hoes etc. whenever i go to someones house and they are playing gta3, all they are doing is finding spots where they can continuously kill police, and snip people, or doin crazy jumps. you could take away the story/missions all together and make it so that the only object is to do as much random crime possible it would still sell millions.

How is that not actual gameplay? I happen to like doing the story missions, myself. Yes, the game could probably stand alone (without a real story mode) and still sell millions. The fact that it does have them makes it even better. What attracts people GTA is the freedom. Putting it in a 3D world makes it even more palatable. When friends told me about the original GTA for PC & PS1 back in college, they were as excited about it as people were when GTA3 came out. It's a single player game with so much in it that the replay value approaches that of a multiplayer sports game. How many other games can say that?

Kleen
01-13-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Not really. How come did the 2-D GTA games didn't start selling on Playstation until GTA3 came out. It was because nobody cared about before besides PC gamers.

Metal Gear saw a huge jump in sales when it went to 3D as well. I'm sure Metroid Prime will have greater success, also. Why is GTA somehow not allowed to be in 3D, while every other game uses it? The only things wrong with the first 3 GTAs (I, II, and London) were the graphics sucked, they used tank controls for controlling your character(forward, reverse, spin), and the top-down perspective limited your view distance at high speeds.

GTA started off as an obscure game made by an obscure developer, with questionable subject matter. That's why it originated on the PC. There are no approvals to be sought. Going to 3D on a more powerful system allowed the developers to simulate the world in greater detail. A 1st or 3rd person 3D world hits home a lot harder than a blimp/police helicopter view.
Saying that the first GTA games were not good because they didn't sell several millions units is like saying the same for Dreamcast.

Yes, GTA3 and now Vice City are the most popular games in the series, and rightfully so. I guess I don't get your point. A game like GTA is what 3D was made for. If they could have, the first game would have been a huge streaming 3D city, but it could not have been done then.

rockola
01-13-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Kleen

If they could have, the first game would have been a huge streaming 3D city, but it could not have been done then.

I cant remember what year the origional midtown maddness came out but I know it was out by gta2 and MM1 did it. interstate 76 did it.
carmageadon did it.

Kleen
01-14-2003, 09:07 AM
Think about all the things going on in GTA3 or VC at once. It could not be done. All the games you mentioned were driving games -- you didn't get out of the car. And I don't know if any of them streamed their environments off the discs. I remember MM and Carmmagedeon, but never played them. In Interstate '76 you drove around in a wasteland until you reached a gas station or something and fought another car. There was nothing heavily taxing about the environments or even traffic.