PDA

View Full Version : Will MS release some of its PC published titles?



Bigwig
01-08-2003, 02:52 PM
3 titles that would be a good Xbox fit

Age of Mythology; the console market is usually friendly to one RTS game. Sim City made loot on the Super Nintendo.

Freelancer; the market is also friendly to multiplayer space combat.

Asherons Call 2; MMORPGS for cheap or free will sell like wild flower.

Stormlord
01-08-2003, 03:14 PM
I don't know, but I feel just like you. Asheron's Call 2 should be amazing on the X-Box. On the box it recommends (we all know that's the real requirements) 733 mhz, Geforce2-3 and online service. X-Box has all of those and it's a machine dedicated to gaming. AC2 would really promote XBL. Maybe we should make a petition to get some Microsoft PC games on the X-Box.:cool: :) :eek:

symposiumx
01-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
I don't know, but I feel just like you. Asheron's Call 2 should be amazing on the X-Box. On the box it recommends (we all know that's the real requirements) 733 mhz, Geforce2-3 and online service. X-Box has all of those and it's a machine dedicated to gaming. AC2 would really promote XBL. Maybe we should make a petition to get some Microsoft PC games on the X-Box.:cool: :) :eek:

I totally agree, I'll sign that petition in a second

Cloud Strife
01-08-2003, 03:59 PM
I really think Microsoft should. To me, they should have released a few at launch just to give the Xbox some extra quality titles. I think they should port FreeLancer (The first one worked really well on DC), Motocross Madness, Monster Truck Madness, their Links Golf game, and a few PC RPG games. I think they should make a Microsoft Combat Simulator for Xbox.

CrazyCougar
01-08-2003, 04:25 PM
Personally I think Microsoft should stay away from releasing Links onto the Xbox. This game would be degraded then. The game is meant and designed for the PC and it just wouldnt work onthe xbox. I have over 200 courses across many CD's to play on Links. And now the Links 2003 courses averaging about 60 MB per. I just dont want to see them ruin a classic and awesome golf sim byt bringing it to a console.

Any other M$ game is fine by me...LOL!

Leave Links alone...LOL!

Qbas
01-08-2003, 04:31 PM
RTS games are pretty bad on consoles, you definetly need mouse and keyboard on those games.

EHWfedPres
01-08-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Qbas
RTS games are pretty bad on consoles, you definetly need mouse and keyboard on those games.

I agree. Its impossible to control massive numbers of units using a controller pad...at least it is they was I play...:D

Cloud Strife
01-08-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres


I agree. Its impossible to control massive numbers of units using a controller pad...at least it is they was I play...:D Doesn't bother me anyway. No game is too difficult for the Burning Ranger to control.:)

symposiumx
01-08-2003, 04:45 PM
I'd like to see some nice TURN-BASED games on XBOX. I can't really think of any XBOX titles in that catagory! What gives?

I hear that Gladius will be Turn-Based (drooooool) ;)

Qbas
01-08-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
I'd like to see some nice TURN-BASED games on XBOX. I can't really think of any XBOX titles in that catagory! What gives?

I hear that Gladius will be Turn-Based (drooooool) ;)
I would love to see Vandal Hearts game for Xbox, if you people remember Vandal Hearts for PSX...Turn based RPG game...i played it through many many times :D

EHWfedPres
01-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
I'd like to see some nice TURN-BASED games on XBOX. I can't really think of any XBOX titles in that catagory! What gives?


maybe because turn based games suck unless its Monopoly Party...which i hear is coming to Xbox, unless its already out...so theres your turn based game...stupid turn based combat in those linear action/adventure games like Final Fantasy is dull, boring, unrealistic, and should have never been invented...:(

Bigwig
01-08-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
I'd like to see some nice TURN-BASED games on XBOX. I can't really think of any XBOX titles in that catagory! What gives?

I hear that Gladius will be Turn-Based (drooooool) ;)

Yuck after the Gold Boxes games TB has been all down hill. I love Baldurs Gate style.

BTW I know MS does not want to hurt PC gaming anymore then they are but they should release at least one RTS game and a multiplayer spacecombat game with a mic.

symposiumx
01-08-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Qbas

I would love to see Vandal Hearts game for Xbox, if you people remember Vandal Hearts for PSX...Turn based RPG game...i played it through many many times :D

There is something so much more enjoyable (SOMETIMES) when I am able to take my sweet @ss time and plan out every movement (TURN BASED) as opposed to ripping my hair out and hitting 8 billion buttons a second (RTS).

call me slow, I dont care...I know what I like ;)

I've said it a million times, but games like Front Mission 3 make me wet :)

Cloud Strife
01-08-2003, 05:09 PM
If you want a turn based game, buy Metal Dungeon.

I do have Vandal Hearts for Playstation and it was a good game. I wish Xbox had many more Japanese RPG games. Not action ones, turn based ones.;)

Snoopy7548
01-08-2003, 05:20 PM
before the xbox came out. they had like games that might come out for it. and one of MS's motocross games or whatever was on it.

symposiumx
01-08-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
If you want a turn based game, buy Metal Dungeon.

I do have Vandal Hearts for Playstation and it was a good game. I wish Xbox had many more Japanese RPG games. Not action ones, turn based ones.;)

Great point! Playstation did definietly know how to really do the party PRG TURN BASED gaming experience. True, it may not be anywhere near open-ended as say MORROWIND, but...it sure was as fun as all get-out!

Back to Metal Dungeon, I heard it has absolutly NO plot...is this true?

Cloud Strife
01-08-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx


Great point! Playstation did definietly know how to really do the party PRG TURN BASED gaming experience. True, it may not be anywhere near open-ended as say MORROWIND, but...it sure was as fun as all get-out!

Back to Metal Dungeon, I heard it has absolutly NO plot...is this true? Yes that is true. It's kind of like Evolution for Dreamcast. I have found some dugeon explorer's to be good, others terrible. I agree that Playstation was an excellent RPG system. However, the RPG games that have come to Playstation 2 just aren't as great as those to me. The Super Nintendo and Sega Saturn also had great RPG games.

symposiumx
01-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Yes that is true. It's kind of like Evolution for Dreamcast. I have found some dugeon explorer's to be good, others terrible. I agree that Playstation was an excellent RPG system. However, the RPG games that have come to Playstation 2 just aren't as great as those to me. The Super Nintendo and Sega Saturn also had great RPG games.

It sounds like you and I have similar tastes in certain areas. SO I will ask your opinion on this matter...

I have been offered to trade my morrowind (when I get it in) in exchange for someone else's Metal Dungeon...would this be a good idea for me? (I have played morrowind before, for about 100 hours or so).

oh!! totally off topic, but its driving me insane. There was this one RPG for the Sega back like 10 years ago or so. I vaguely remember it. I want to say it was called "Might and Magic" but I dont think that was it. The set up was similar to Bard's tale for PC. It was party based, and you had to solve these encripted messages to continue in the game. You could create your party (mage, warrrior, ect) I rememeber it seemed totally kick @ss for its time. ANY ideas?

Viper87227
01-08-2003, 08:01 PM
I think the Combat Flight Simulator Series would do really good on Xbox. So would the madess series. Imagine the sales on Motcross Madness 3, Monster Truck Madness 3, Midtown Madness 3 (coming shortly to an xbox near you), and maybe even new additions to the series (Snocross Madness anyone?)

Stormlord
01-08-2003, 08:54 PM
I've told my bro that Flight Sim and Combat Sim would be great for X-Box. Especially with X-Box LIVE support. Online flight combat would be great and really attract more people to getting XBL.:) :cool: ;)

Dre
01-09-2003, 01:13 AM
Bungie did it for the FPS, maybe some company will find a way to get good responsive controls for an RTS on a controller. Until then though, I don't think you'd see me buying these games on Xbox.. save em for the PC.

Insane Jester
01-09-2003, 08:57 AM
come on ms u damn lazy fools we want more ALOT MORE ...

xboxgamer142
01-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Yeah, it would be cool if Age of Mythology came to Xbox (in exchange for the misery of Halo coming to PC). AoM would probably be one of the first real-time strategy games on Xbox, since there hardly have been many.

VeNoMiZA
01-09-2003, 04:06 PM
i actually have a sealed age of mythology here :) im willing to trade or sell for the pc :D

Qbas
01-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142
Yeah, it would be cool if Age of Mythology came to Xbox (in exchange for the misery of Halo coming to PC). AoM would probably be one of the first real-time strategy games on Xbox, since there hardly have been many.
It would be PAIN and difficult to play RTS games with a controller.

Stormlord
01-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Qbas

It would be PAIN and difficult to play RTS games with a controller.

Maybe they can make a good RTS game on X-Box. If given enough time to study they can do it. Well let's say your building select menu is the A button, You select a military barracks to build. You place it some where on the map and then out of your town center little followers go to the area and begin to build. For resources you press start, you have the option to make a command for followers, priests, or soldiers. You select followers and then command a menu appears that tells them to explore a certain perimeter for food, wood, gold, or stone and begin to collect. Of course you would first select the build menu and put a mine next to it. For military, about 30 units per "squad" and with the right analog you can select every squad created. With the left analog you control the squad and lead to where ever you please. Once movement stops they take a mind of their own (like they always do) and then attack any enemies nearby. I could be wrong but ti's a start. :) :cool: :D ;)

Qbas
01-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Still it would be really difficult compared to Keyboard/Mouse combo. So i will be sticking with PC RTS's. :cool:

Stormlord
01-09-2003, 06:58 PM
I have no prob in that. But it would be nice to see a console RTS done right. Never say Never (hehehe). Bond....James Bond. :cool: :) :D ;)

Qbas
01-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Well i think you can't have a PC type RTS on consoles but there could be RTS genre for consoles only that would work. It should be a bit slowpaced, if you are attacked you don't have to hurry to the location like in PC RTS's.

Stormlord
01-10-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Qbas
Well i think you can't have a PC type RTS on consoles but there could be RTS genre for consoles only that would work. It should be a bit slowpaced, if you are attacked you don't have to hurry to the location like in PC RTS's.

Like I said, with time to develop a good console RTS can be made. If they decide to make Age of Mythology for X-Box, they'd need to make a whole new interface that is console friendly. I remember Kessen and Kessen 2 were like a type of RTS on PS2. It was fun but with its slow pace the battles could last hours. But it is one of the first RTS games to go right on a console. :cool: :) :D