PDA

View Full Version : Halo: System Link Names

samslophead
01-08-2003, 07:42 PM
When you link systems for multiplayer in Halo, each xbox has a name. Where do these names come from? The name of my Xbox just happens to be my name, but it's all in caps and I don't know how it got there. Can you change these names?

SoccerCJM77
01-09-2003, 02:59 PM
I don't know but the name of my XBOX is Hambone. I don't know where that came from:cool:

xboxman_1
01-09-2003, 05:26 PM
They are randomly generated...don't know how they get there. And you can change it with the high score in games like DOA3...so maybe if you put your name in the high score list thats how it got there...because when you change it like that it is in all caps...

EHWfedPres
01-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Whats fun to do in system link games is for everyone to select their character and have only one person hit A to advance, all players will have their characters controle, but a random name and color...everyone except for the guy that hit A...I was Crazy once, Wheezy the next game, and Hambone in another. :cool:

samslophead
01-10-2003, 10:13 AM
That's really weird. So my progress in one game (DOA 3) can affect the name of the Xbox in another game (Halo)? My Xbox is named JON now and my friends' systems are called Stompy, Grumpy, and Willshire. The randomally generated game that we get a lot for the characters is Prancer. Pretty qveer if you ask me.

Tyler Durden
01-15-2003, 03:08 PM
Yes, when you get high scores in such games as Dead or Alive III and Cel Damage, and enter whatever you put, that ends up being the name of your Xbox. Right now, mine doesn't have a name, but my friends is called Magi.

Smartparts
01-15-2003, 03:23 PM
Yeah, my Xbox is called 'Pirate', my brother's Xbox is 'Butcher' and another buddy's is 'Walla-Walla'.

xboxman_1
01-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Notice, the xbox names are also the names of the randomly generated ones for people who pick inverted or default characters in multi halo. And yes samslophead, the high score in DOA3 effects all games, because it saves that to the hard drvie I guess.