PDA

View Full Version : So what can you exactly do in Morrowmind

SoccerCJM77
01-09-2003, 02:53 PM
So I haven't Morrowmind yet but what can you do in it. Can you do stuff like you do in Zelda:D

EHWfedPres
01-09-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by SoccerCJM77
So I haven't Morrowmind yet but what can you do in it. Can you do stuff like you do in Zelda:D

Zelda? Thats nothing compared to morrowind. Zelda is too linear to even be considered an rpg, its more like a fantasy adventure game...

taylormanazn
01-10-2003, 12:17 AM
dude you can do pretty much whatever you want....kill anyone and steal all their stuff; make ur own spells...enchant your own weapons....shoot what else....man it's really open..give it a try

SoccerCJM77
01-12-2003, 03:25 PM
What else can you do in Morrowmind, because I'm thinking of buying it

AppoX
01-12-2003, 06:24 PM
i think the more appropriate question is what can't you do in morrowind? think of something you would want to do, most likely you can do it. you basically do whatever u want, whenever u want. rob whoever u want, but make sure you don't get caught or you will lose all you stolen possesions and some $. if you don't like doing quests, thats fine you don't have to follow the main quest, i have had the game for a few months now and have done about the first 3 quests on the main quest. but if you do like quests there are plenty to keep you occupied, the main quest and then all the side guides. too many to count. i recommend this game for anyone that owns and xbox, i have not met too many people who didn't like it. im just surprised u havn't bought it yet.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 06:50 PM
You roam around and it gets boring. Give me the linear Final Fantasy or Lunar on Xbox.

xboxman_1
01-12-2003, 08:19 PM
You roam around and it gets boring. Give me the linear Final Fantasy or Lunar on Xbox.

UUmmm...in your opinion. More like: You roam around freely from city to city doing whatever you want, climbing in the guilds and eventually becoming a messiah, and it's really exciting. Keep those linear pseudo RPG's FF and Lunar off of my xbox.

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 08:44 PM
You can explore vast lands, visit towns, slaughter people, do the main quest or side quests, go hunting rare items or strong monsters, plunder dungeons, join guilds, join a great house and eventually get your own stronghold, make your own enchantments and magic spells, develop your skills the right way by actually using them, etc.

The game never gets boring unless you just wander around and do nothing...and thats ever hard to do because you're bound to find someone willing to give you a side quest, or plenty of monsters to slaughter...

conspirator3
01-12-2003, 11:27 PM
In my opinion, or from what I have read, Morrowind is very similar to the idea of Fable (prev. known as Project Ego).

The basic idea is that some cataclysmic event in your life warrants your existence, and you can do pretty much whatever you want in a massive, seamless world.

Choose your own destiny, I guess. Your actions determine others' reactions to you and your presence. If you are a hero, little kids will mimic your hairstyle, etc. If you are evil, mothers will rush children and pets inside and blow out all the candles.

I am not far off from getting this game, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a good bash-em-up-with-a-club-or-any-other-blunt-object-you-find-lying-around game, or your average RPG'er.

Cya! :)

Cloud Strife
01-13-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by xboxman_1

UUmmm...in your opinion. More like: You roam around freely from city to city doing whatever you want, climbing in the guilds and eventually becoming a messiah, and it's really exciting. Keep those linear pseudo RPG's FF and Lunar off of my xbox. I really want one of those RPG games to come to my Xbox. If a good one does, then the Xbox can surpass the Dreamcast and possibly the Saturn as my favortie vidogame system. I loved the Playstation and Super Nintendo because of all the great RPG games. Going to town to town is more fun than anything.

EHWfedPres
01-13-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I really want one of those RPG games to come to my Xbox. If a good one does, then the Xbox can surpass the Dreamcast and possibly the Saturn as my favortie vidogame system. I loved the Playstation and Super Nintendo because of all the great RPG games. Going to town to town is more fun than anything.

You just explained Morrowind.:)

You can go to whatever town you want, stay there as long as you want, do whatever you want, and leave whenever you want, and theres plenty to do in each and every town...

Morrowind is only boring if you have no imagination at all.

Dre
01-13-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Morrowind is only boring if you have no imagination at all.

Gotta disagree.. I thought Morrowind was quite boring after a while. No motivation to keep me going. All 5 monsters where lame.. quickly got sick of that stupid bird thing. Combat was just about the lousiest thing ever...

Sure you can do a bunch of stuff that you can't do in any other game... but who cares when the world you are doing it in is so lame? People walk by corpses without being alarmed, NPC's do the exact same thing 24 hours a day... the AI is just totally unimmersive.

EHWfedPres
01-14-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Gotta disagree.. I thought Morrowind was quite boring after a while. No motivation to keep me going. All 5 monsters where lame.. quickly got sick of that stupid bird thing. Combat was just about the lousiest thing ever...

Sure you can do a bunch of stuff that you can't do in any other game... but who cares when the world you are doing it in is so lame? People walk by corpses without being alarmed, NPC's do the exact same thing 24 hours a day... the AI is just totally unimmersive.

Well if thats your only gripe, then kill all the people and ten you dont have to worry about the AI. :)

SoccerCJM77
01-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Is there any modes of transportation or do you just walk for miles to the next town. Do you take a horse, ferry, airplane, train, buggy, or what

EHWfedPres
01-15-2003, 12:20 PM
Is there any modes of transportation or do you just walk for miles to the next town. Do you take a horse, ferry, airplane, train, buggy, or what

theres 6 modes of transportation. Silt Strider, Boat, Mages Guild Teleportation, Mark/Recall, Intervention Spells, and walking.

Dre
01-15-2003, 03:05 PM
Well if thats your only gripe, then kill all the people and ten you dont have to worry about the AI. :)

Lol, I guess I could do that!

Seriously though, its a shame that a patch was not released for the Xbox version since the PC patch addressed almost every issue I had with the game.

SoccerCJM77
01-15-2003, 05:27 PM
theres 6 modes of transportation. Silt Strider, Boat, Mages Guild Teleportation, Mark/Recall, Intervention Spells, and walking.

Can you explain these things I know what a boat is and walking

frog11983
01-18-2003, 06:33 PM
silt striders are these big insect things that take you safely and quickly to cities (only cities that have the service) and it costs money; the mages guild will teleport you to another mages guild also for a fee; if you have a scroll, or are good with spells you can mark a certain place in the world, then when you want to go back to that same place you can use a recall scroll or spell get there instantly (very handy for looting); and you can use divine intervention to teleport you to the nearest temple, or another one, i forget what its called, to teleport you to the nearest fortress.

Wolf
01-20-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Dre

yeah i agree that combat sucked, but i thought it was awesome otherwise.

EHWfedPres
01-20-2003, 01:33 PM
Can you explain these things I know what a boat is and walking

Silt Strider is the same as a boat, but its a really big bug that walks, although you dont actually see it walking, the screen turns black and you appear where you wanted to so. Boat is a boat. Mages Guild Teleportation teleports you to another mages guild. Mark/Recall works like it does with mmorpg's, you mark where you want the mark to be and when you cast recall, you appear there. Intervention Spells teleport you to either a temple or shrine. and walking is walking.

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 08:08 PM
dont forget thatguy that falls out of the sky!!!!

if you found him he gives you a super jumping spell.......but you need the amulet or ring of slowfall or else you'll take serious damage from the fall......

theres also levatating which is basically the same thing as walking.....only your in the air.

and finally, there is also swimming which level your characters athletic skills quickly........!:cool:

those are just a few that werent mentioned above....

TkAY
02-12-2003, 06:02 PM
this might be a newbish question but i just want to know what does linear mean? i am not new with rpg's i have played them for some time i just dont know what that means
may some1 plz explain?

Arven
02-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by TkAY
this might be a newbish question but i just want to know what does linear mean? i am not new with rpg's i have played them for some time i just dont know what that means
may some1 plz explain?

"Linear" = there is one path you take through the game; the game keeps you on a certain track; the game dictates what you must do next: A -> B -> C -> D etc.

"Non-linear" = there are multiple possible paths through the game; the game lets you choose from among them; the game does not dictate what you must do next to proceed.

Nameless
02-18-2003, 05:38 PM
Is the fighting turn based?