PDA

View Full Version : Which game would you recommend of the following?

RadRider
01-09-2003, 07:49 PM
the thing 45 - I've played The Thing and find it quite polished, but wonder about it's longevity and replayability.
pirates 30 - Personally, I'm partial to Pirates, and Master Gracey recommended Pirates: Legend of Black Kat to me some time ago.
turok 50 - Turok has been getting decent reviews, but I really want to know if it has bots or system link support.
blood omen 2 50
phantom crash 50 - What is Phantom Crash like? I hear it's only got three arenas, but the other areas of the game almost make up for that..

The parts on the right are their respective prices at the local Futureshop.

EHWfedPres
01-09-2003, 07:56 PM
I would not reccommend any of those games. I would hoevere suggest:

Deathrow
Morrowind
Ghost Recon

and of course Halo and Splinter Cell...

RadRider
01-09-2003, 07:59 PM
Please answer with respect to the question. I have Deathrow and Morrowind, and didn't really like Ghost Recon. I also have Halo, and Splinter Cell isn't a game that suits what I play.

I won a contest a local guy held, and he's going to buy me a game of choice. Because he's also a friend, I don't want to choose a game that's too expensive (since he says he's short on cash lately), so the list is the above games.

EHWfedPres
01-09-2003, 08:07 PM
well nobody but you knows what games you would like, but if i had to choose, id pick Turok.

RadRider
01-09-2003, 08:12 PM
I know nobody knows what I like. I have an idea of what games I prefer, but I want to hear what other people think ie. why they like the game they prefer, so that I can better judge which game to select. Having played only one game, I don't have a good gauge of what makes these games good in their own ways.

Cloud Strife
01-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Phantom Crash because Mech's and Japanese games rule.:)

EHWfedPres
01-09-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Phantom Crash because Mech's and Japanese games rule.:)

but phantom crash is horrible.

Cloud Strife
01-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

but phantom crash is horrible. I thought Phantom Crash was a great game. It had a great sotry and it was fun to play. I also like the Japanese voices singing in the background.;) I probably won't get Phantom Crash because I still have to get Crimson Sea, MGS2 Substance and a bunch of other system games.

No Fear 23
01-09-2003, 08:49 PM
i have the thing, didnt enjoy it as i got halfway through. i got toruk, i liked it alot, and completed it, but traded it in for a new game bc i was short on cahs and had to trade something in. i would buy toruk back soon.

so i'd say get toruk and no, it dosent have bots. if u want a good game that has bots for multi, get UC, tons of replayability :)

Liquid Gears
01-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Personally I think all those games blow except, The Thing was alright :D

Cloud Strife
01-09-2003, 08:56 PM
I would have bought Eggmania and Smashing Drive over most of those games. I'm thinking about picking up those two games because I like them.

RadRider
01-09-2003, 09:16 PM
Smashing Drive? Yech.
By the way, I have UC. :P
Like I said earlier, there are very specific games here I want opinions on, because of budget reasons mostly, so please only recommend games that are listed here, preferrably with good reasons.
Thanks for the responses so far. Seems like I might have to go look into Turok a little more.

Cloud Strife
01-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
Smashing Drive? Yech.
By the way, I have UC. :P
Like I said earlier, there are very specific games here I want opinions on, because of budget reasons mostly, so please only recommend games that are listed here, preferrably with good reasons.
Thanks for the responses so far. Seems like I might have to go look into Turok a little more. I'm serious that I liked Smashing Drive. I rented the GC version and enjoyed it. I like arcade style games anyway.;)

AlBoogy
01-10-2003, 12:09 AM
the thing 45 - I've played The Thing and find it quite polished, but wonder about it's longevity and replayability.
pirates 30 - Personally, I'm partial to Pirates, and Master Gracey recommended Pirates: Legend of Black Kat to me some time ago.
turok 50 - Turok has been getting decent reviews, but I really want to know if it has bots or system link support.
blood omen 2 50
phantom crash 50 - What is Phantom Crash like? I hear it's only got three arenas, but the other areas of the game almost make up for that..

The parts on the right are their respective prices at the local Futureshop.

Turok does have bots and Im almost positive it has system link. Ive played The thing, Turok and Blood Omen 2 and myreccomendation is The Thing.

AlBoogy
01-10-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by irule23
i have the thing, didnt enjoy it as i got halfway through. i got toruk, i liked it alot, and completed it, but traded it in for a new game bc i was short on cahs and had to trade something in. i would buy toruk back soon.

so i'd say get toruk and no, it dosent have bots. if u want a good game that has bots for multi, get UC, tons of replayability :)

Sorry, i read your post after my post. Are you sure it doesnt have bots? Why is it that I remember playing against bots?

Cesar902
01-10-2003, 12:14 AM
well I would recommend Blood Omen 2, but the Soul Reaver series was better in my opinion.

RadRider
01-10-2003, 02:55 AM
It seems like everyone is recommending Turok the most. I'll definitely go read more about it, check out the site and stuff. I actually think I'm getting Serious Sam instead of any of those. Thanks for the input though.

Cesar902
01-10-2003, 02:56 AM
Well I also think Serious Sam is a better buy, man that is a really excellent game!;)

xboxman_1
01-10-2003, 09:35 AM
Seems I'm alone on my opinion here, but I'd go with Blood Omen 2. I've played all these games....Turok has such bad graphics I can't stand it, the Thing was actually pretty good, Phantom Crash....do I even need to explain? HORRIBLE! O, and I havent played Pirates, but reviews didnt seem to like it.

Cloud Strife
01-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Blood Omen 2 was a great game. The only problem I had with it was the fighting wasn't as good as Devil May Cry.

RadRider
01-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Blood Omen 2 seemed nice and polished, but the gameplay seemed soo linear. I mean, "Meet me at the city center, we'll talk then" but there's only one way through the city to get to the city center, and you have to go through like 15 puzzles to get there? come on... :P

Cloud Strife
01-10-2003, 02:20 PM
Blood Omen 2 seemed nice and polished, but the gameplay seemed soo linear. I mean, "Meet me at the city center, we'll talk then" but there's only one way through the city to get to the city center, and you have to go through like 15 puzzles to get there? come on... :P What's the problem with linear games. I find them to be the best.;)

No Fear 23
01-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

Sorry, i read your post after my post. Are you sure it doesnt have bots? Why is it that I remember playing against bots?

ummm, i never found ne bots for multiplayer.

RadRider
01-10-2003, 02:26 PM
I'm a creative person. ;) I like the freedom to explore, experiment and do as I desire in a game. Fable, Morrowind and KOTOR define the style I like fairly well I think.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 08:53 AM
I'm a creative person. ;) I like the freedom to explore, experiment and do as I desire in a game. Fable, Morrowind and KOTOR define the style I like fairly well I think. You seemed like a creative person. I'm not. I like linear game because big exploration games get too boring for me.

Xbox Owner
01-12-2003, 10:19 AM
The Thing is the best out of those games..:D

Unreal
01-12-2003, 11:56 AM
You do not have an option for none of the above.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Unreal
You do not have an option for none of the above. I agree with you on that.:)