PDA

View Full Version : DOAXVB rating revealed

DT21
01-09-2003, 08:02 PM
DOAX is being rated M. From the Tecmo boards:
------------------------------------------------------------
TORRANCE, Calif., Jan. 9, 2003 Tecmo announced today that its highly anticipated and controversial beach volleyball game, Dead or Alive® Xtreme Beach Volleyball (DOAX) for the XboxEvideo game system from Microsoft , featuring the girls of the million selling Dead or Alive® series, received an "M" rating by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB). Tecmo had initially expected the game to receive a teen rating, but will honor the ESRB¹s verdict.

"Based on the level of sexuality we perceived in the game, we were a bit surprised to hear the ESRB's decision to give DOAX an M rating," John Inada, Director of Marketing and Sales for Tecmo, said. "However, we've always trusted and respected the ESRB in the past and have decided not to appeal their decision."

Along with the "M" rating, ESRB also included descriptors to explain why it was given its mature rating. These include Gambling, Mature Sexual Themes, and Nudity. "While there isn¹t rampant nudity in the game, there are certain elements that caused the ESRB to give it the Nudity descriptor," said Inada. "As with all other games in the Dead or Alive franchise, we believe the stunning visuals, explosive action and classic arcade gameplay will bring Dead of Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball to an even wider audience of admirers."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So how many of you are under age and can't buy the game?

AlBoogy
01-09-2003, 08:14 PM
I am NOT to young to buy it WooHoo! I am suddenly more interested in the game even though my XBox doesnt work.

speedbuggy76
01-09-2003, 08:14 PM
It doesn't matter if you're underage, you could go to walmart and buy an AO game if they stocked them, those fools are so stupid!

EHWfedPres
01-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by speedbuggy76
It doesn't matter if you're underage, you could go to walmart and buy an AO game if they stocked them, those fools are so stupid!

if you go to EB, all they have to do is tell you that the game is rated mature and they it may contain blah blah blah, etc. They dont have to check ID unless theres a sticker on the game that says so. A 12 year old can buy BMX XXX if he wanted to...believe me, I saw it.

Cloud Strife
01-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

if you go to EB, all they have to do is tell you that the game is rated mature and they it may contain blah blah blah, etc. They dont have to check ID unless theres a sticker on the game that says so. A 12 year old can buy BMX XXX if he wanted to...believe me, I saw it. happens all the time at my EB.

No Fear 23
01-09-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
happens all the time at my EB.

same here

Arrix
01-09-2003, 08:52 PM
happened to me at Gamestop. trying to buy Ghost Recon but, i didnt have my drivers license.

w00t! go Torrance

Cloud Strife
01-09-2003, 09:29 PM
They never ask me for an ID for anything. I use to look like I was 40.

Flood
01-09-2003, 11:02 PM
i've never been asked for id while buying a video game...the day that it happens i'll laugh at the clerk

Cesar902
01-09-2003, 11:49 PM
I am Defenetely getting this game!;)

ShannonX
01-09-2003, 11:59 PM
the "i have a suspended license, with no picture ID" works also. =)

although, i've never tried it.

Cesar902
01-10-2003, 12:17 AM
Does anyone want to try the Expired licence with no picture?;)

y2kash_14
01-10-2003, 01:02 AM
This game looks pretty awesome actually, i am a Volleyball fan, so i'm gettin this one

Insane Jester
01-10-2003, 08:14 AM
it has ladies yes ladies .... looks a great laugh i carnt wait .. well i can but i dont want to ..

Cloud Strife
01-10-2003, 08:36 AM
I don't even have an ID card.