PDA

View Full Version : Unreal II: The Awakening?

Stormlord
01-10-2003, 07:28 AM
Anyone know if this game will be coming to X-Box? The X-Box could handle the game because it's using the Unreal Warfare engine that's also used in Unreal Championship. Sure UC had drops in fps but that had big maps with constant combat and super high detail. Unreal is based around single-player so the fps should be up to speed, plus it take about 2-3 years before games are released using full hardware potential. At the unreal site they say it's not currently planned for any console but then again no one reveals ahrdly anything until E3. Oh well, all I can do is wait. :( :o

Insane Jester
01-10-2003, 07:47 AM
im not 100% but im sure this question was asked in the last few days ....

Laxeph
01-10-2003, 01:24 PM
I heard that it's not comin.

RadRider
01-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Just like the original Unreal never came to any consoles, this one won't either. The PC needs some exclusives afterall.. It'll definitely be a sweet game though.
And UC had small maps. Unreal 2 will have bigger maps than any of the maps in UC. The reason that UC had framerate drops is because the developers tried to push too many effects at once without tweaking it for the xbox enough. I wish they left the option in there to turn down some effects (like real-time shadows in Morrowind for example, and possibly draw distances too), since choppy games suck. UC is still awesome because the UT has always been an amazing game, but it's disappointing that it chops up.

DIGITAL
01-10-2003, 02:33 PM
i allready made a thread about this in off topic, i hope we will get this game on xbox:)