PDA

View Full Version : How many hours a week/day

Insane Jester
01-10-2003, 08:32 AM
How many hours a day or week do u play on the box ?

after a car accident in 1999 i no longer work. so i have lots and lots of spare time.. i spend on average about 8hrs a day playing on the xbox .. and a few hours on the p.c .. but this does vary depending on the days .. yesterday i did 14 hrs on the box alone .. some m8s say things like u lucky b******* and some others say u sad b******* ... lol is it sad to spend so much time on something u like or not ?

Cloud Strife
01-10-2003, 08:35 AM
I usually play my Xbox between 45 minutes to 2 hours every single day. Yesterday, I couldn't play long because I was in pain.:( I might not play my Xbox for a long period of time, but I play mine very single day. my streak of playing Xbox is at around 415 days.

ShannonX
01-10-2003, 09:38 AM
i dont even play every day, i might go 3 or 4 days without playing... but usuaally its not more than a couple hours at any given time.

No Fear 23
01-10-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I usually play my Xbox between 45 minutes to 2 hours every single day. Yesterday, I couldn't play long because I was in pain.:( I might not play my Xbox for a long period of time, but I play mine very single day. my streak of playing Xbox is at around 415 days.

what about the time you send in ur xbox for repairs??, that had to stop your streak

Cloud Strife
01-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by irule23

what about the time you send in ur xbox for repairs??, that had to stop your streak I went in to EB and Best Buy to play Xbox during my time I didn't have it.

No Fear 23
01-10-2003, 02:26 PM
I went in to EB and Best Buy to play Xbox during my time I didn't have it.
lmao.

well, i guess ur streak is still alive :)

Ultron-9
01-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
i dont even play every day, i might go 3 or 4 days without playing... but usuaally its not more than a couple hours at any given time.

Same here. I have a life beyond videogaming.

Nato King
01-10-2003, 10:45 PM
I would have to say I play on my xbox about 20 hours a week and now that I am trying to setup my xbox live I will be on all the time.:)

Cloud Strife
01-10-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w
I would have to say I play on my xbox about 20 hours a week and now that I am trying to setup my xbox live I will be on all the time.:) I have so many videogames and I don't have the chance to play them all the time.:(

MerimacHamwich
01-10-2003, 10:55 PM
At least an hour a day.

HAROLD
01-10-2003, 11:27 PM
I PLAY LIKE 8 HOURS A DAY.IAM TALKING ABOUT EVERY DAY MAN . IS JUST BECASUE I LOVE XBOX SO I LIKE TO PLAY LIKE 8 OR 5 HOURS A DAY MAN I AM AN XBOXADDICT :confused: :eek: :o

Kortiz
01-11-2003, 12:32 AM
hmmm, well sometimes i go without a week or two or playing, but when i play it is usually for a pretty long time. Whether it for just 200 hours up to 12 hours or so (small breaks in between of course)

J Dub
01-11-2003, 12:55 AM
I only really play between 2-6 hours a week. I wish I could play more.... :(

VidKid
01-11-2003, 01:03 AM
maybe about 2-3hrs a day average, sometimes more depending on the situation...i like to sleep too :o :eek: :o

taylormanazn
01-11-2003, 07:31 AM
I got tha good life....college life...I have time in between classes to play xbox, or sleep or whatever when no one is doing anything but work...then during the night have time to go hang out, or play more xbox with tha bros! woo!

Cloud Strife
01-11-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Ultron-9

Same here. I have a life beyond videogaming. Not me. The only thing I go is play videogames or post here.:D

hiter101
01-11-2003, 11:16 AM
i play around 20-25 hours a week :eek:

:)

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by hiter101
i play around 20-25 hours a week :eek:

:) That's quite a bit. I'd love to play that much but I'm usually busy posting here. Plus, I have 16 videogame systems to play and I have to play them all.

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 07:25 PM
sometimes I play 12 hours (sometimes straight), other times i go a week without playing...

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
sometimes I play 12 hours (sometimes straight), other times i go a week without playing... I would never allow my Xbox to be on longer than 1 1/2 hours because I don't want to over heat it. That's why I play Xbox everyday for one hour. My streak is at 425 days in a row of playing Xbox.

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 07:47 PM
I would never allow my Xbox to be on longer than 1 1/2 hours because I don't want to over heat it. That's why I play Xbox everyday for one hour. My streak is at 425 days in a row of playing Xbox.

I have played Morrowind all day long, several times...not even warm. Mainly because the room I have my Xbox in is very cool in the summer (when i played morrowind for days at a time), and my Xbox is on an elevated wire rack, so theres room for the heat to escape. ;)

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 08:14 PM

I have played Morrowind all day long, several times...not even warm. Mainly because the room I have my Xbox in is very cool in the summer (when i played morrowind for days at a time), and my Xbox is on an elevated wire rack, so theres room for the heat to escape. ;) Your lucky. My bedroom with my Xbox feels like a giant heater. My other bedroom feels like a refrigerator(sp).

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 08:51 PM
Your lucky. My bedroom with my Xbox feels like a giant heater. My other bedroom feels like a refrigerator(sp).

You have 2 bedrooms? :confused:

Xbox Owner
01-12-2003, 08:53 PM
I would never allow my Xbox to be on longer than 1 1/2 hours because I don't want to over heat it. That's why I play Xbox everyday for one hour. My streak is at 425 days in a row of playing Xbox.

WTF? You play Xbox everyday? Pfff..and you bought into the Xbox over heating thing?:confused:

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:20 PM

You have 2 bedrooms? :confused: Yes, I do have two bedrooms. If you saw the pictures of many gaming setup on my website, you would have seen that I have two bedrooms.

About overheating Xbox Owner, I don't believe in leaving any of my systems of longer than a 1 1/2 hours. I just don't want to mess up any of my videogame systems. All 16 of my videogame systems mean everything to me.

EHWfedPres
01-13-2003, 11:20 AM
Yes, I do have two bedrooms. If you saw the pictures of many gaming setup on my website, you would have seen that I have two bedrooms.

Oh, i thought you had one really big room...:D

J Dub
01-13-2003, 11:23 AM
The Xbox can not overheat. The only way it would overheat is if the fan broke. As long as you can hear it humming, you're fine. It's basically like a computer. Do you leave your computer on for more than an hour and a half? Of course you do.

EHWfedPres
01-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by J Dub
The Xbox can not overheat. The only way it would overheat is if the fan broke. As long as you can hear it humming, you're fine. It's basically like a computer. Do you leave your computer on for more than an hour and a half? Of course you do.

What if you're like my friends brother and had his fan break (on the pc, not xbox) from playing games all day long...it was pretty funny to see the side of his pc ripped open and 2 oscillating fans cooling down his computer :D

Cloud Strife
01-13-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by J Dub
The Xbox can not overheat. The only way it would overheat is if the fan broke. As long as you can hear it humming, you're fine. It's basically like a computer. Do you leave your computer on for more than an hour and a half? Of course you do. Oh it can. When I felt my fan on my Xbox, it felt hot. It's better to be safe than sorry.:)

MyPetXbox
01-13-2003, 05:29 PM
every friday and saturday i stay up all night and play ghost recon mech assault and moto gp online... all nite long:eek: :eek: :eek:

EHWfedPres
01-13-2003, 07:39 PM
Oh it can. When I felt my fan on my Xbox, it felt hot. It's better to be safe than sorry.:)

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/nights_into_dreams/TT.JPG

Maybe cause your Xbox is in an enclosed area sitting flat on a solid surface. If you have it on an elevated wire rack out in the open, it'll be cool all the time...like mine. :D

Cloud Strife
01-13-2003, 07:44 PM

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/nights_into_dreams/TT.JPG

Maybe cause your Xbox is in an enclosed area sitting flat on a solid surface. If you have it on an elevated wire rack out in the open, it'll be cool all the time...like mine. :D Wouldn't the Xbox break the wire rack.:confused:

EHWfedPres
01-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Wouldn't the Xbox break the wire rack.:confused:

Of course not...unless you buy a cheap ass $2.00 wire rack...

J Dub
01-13-2003, 08:25 PM
LOL, I don't know if that's the case. But still, don't rob yourself from valuable gaming time just because of a fear of overheating....even though it's never even happened. :)

ARONO129
01-13-2003, 09:16 PM
About 3 hours total Mon-Fri and about 2-3 hours on Sat & Sun. Wish I had more time.

Cesar902
01-13-2003, 11:00 PM
My Xbox playtime is very variable, sometimes I have played 14 hours with little brakes in between for snack, sometimes two, sometimes 4 or more for a week, but all I know is that I play a lot, but I started college today and I have 12.5 units and study from MONday to FRYday, I am going to have lots of Homework and study, then I am going to get a part time job:( , I am going to have few time to play and so many awesome titles coming up for this year:eek: nooooooo!

Insane Jester
01-14-2003, 07:03 AM
to say u only play on a console for an hour and half because u fear overheating is mad.. ive had my box since day one and hammerd it and its never ever shown signs of overheating .. my pc runs 24/7 and never overheats .. shops demo xbox's run 12 hrs - 14hrs a day every day .. and they never overheat ...

Cloud Strife
01-14-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Insane Jester
to say u only play on a console for an hour and half because u fear overheating is mad.. ive had my box since day one and hammerd it and its never ever shown signs of overheating .. my pc runs 24/7 and never overheats .. shops demo xbox's run 12 hrs - 14hrs a day every day .. and they never overheat ... I do that to all my consoles. I try to be very careful with them all because I treat my consoles that they were my kids. ;) I do know a few people that have left their systems on for a while and they did break. My Xbox does feel hot when I play it for 45 minutes though.

wbio
01-16-2003, 06:50 AM
Right now I haven't played my Xbox for at least 4 days. I usually play it everyday, but this week I have had to study and do other stuff. The only times I really play XBox for more than 7 straight hours is when I have a bunch of friends over playing Halo;)