PDA

View Full Version : Technical question regarding Splinter Cell

Qbas
01-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Well my question is have you ever had any problems with Splinter Cell? My Xbox doesn't like Splinter Cell because when i load a save game it sometimes lock up or load VERY long time. My other games work perfectly i just wondered if the game has some bugs or the problem is with my Xbox.

[oXo]
01-10-2003, 08:13 PM
I have had no problems until the last part of the last mission where sam seems to walk all by himself after a savegame is loaded. I switched controller ports and all was fine again....
Sorry no lock-ups though...

Qbas
01-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by [oXo]
I have had no problems until the last part of the last mission where sam seems to walk all by himself after a savegame is loaded. I switched controller ports and all was fine again....
Sorry no lock-ups though...
I have that problem too, sometimes when i load the game Sam starts walking but moving the controller a little it stops.

KnightX
01-10-2003, 10:43 PM
I made a post a week or so ago about this. My copy will lock up at odd times. Once while I was saving, another time while I was walking around - and sometimes it'll do it multiple times in a row. It's not often enough that it's worse than some PC games, but it's annoying. My disc is new and doesn't have a single scratch or finger print smudge.

Another thing - I don't know if this is a bug in the game or a glitch with my system. When I throw a flare in front of a mounted-machine-gun, sometimes the gun-firing sound keeps going and it's extremely annoying. It doesn't stop until I get far away from it where you wouldn't ordinarily be able to hear it anymore.

Qbas
01-11-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by KnightX
I made a post a week or so ago about this. My copy will lock up at odd times. Once while I was saving, another time while I was walking around - and sometimes it'll do it multiple times in a row. It's not often enough that it's worse than some PC games, but it's annoying. My disc is new and doesn't have a single scratch or finger print smudge.

Another thing - I don't know if this is a bug in the game or a glitch with my system. When I throw a flare in front of a mounted-machine-gun, sometimes the gun-firing sound keeps going and it's extremely annoying. It doesn't stop until I get far away from it where you wouldn't ordinarily be able to hear it anymore.
My most annoying glitch was when those news "breaks" came after a mission the Xbox stopped reading it and i had a error message informing that the disc isn't Xbox compatible blah blah blah, but after reseting the machine it worked fine again. I think the game has some glitches because no other game i have has any problems.

Snoopy7548
01-11-2003, 11:23 AM
ive never had any problems with my copy of splinter cell:D

KnightX
01-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
ive never had any problems with my copy of splinter cell:D

That just doesn't make any sense! For all the posts I've seen about people having problems with lockups I've also seen a lot of people who report no problems at all. When I first started playing and noticed these occasional lockups, I attributed it to just software glitches - poor testing and some programming errors. But other people haven't had a thing go wrong, so what's the deal? I don't have that problem on any other games.

Snoopy7548
01-11-2003, 08:08 PM
maybe your xbox doesnt like splinter cell

KnightX
01-11-2003, 09:37 PM
That's why it keeps ejecting and the disc comes flying out!!! Thanks Snoopy! You cleared it all up for me. :rolleyes:

:D

xboxman_1
01-12-2003, 12:03 AM
ya, I'm with Snoopy, I've played 20+ hours, no probs.

Qbas
01-12-2003, 08:08 AM
Well another speculation is that some of Splinter Cell discs have bugs and others doesn't have them. Because many people complain about the same glitches, lock ups, Sam starting moving by himself, disc error etc.

Snoopy7548
01-12-2003, 09:46 AM
if hes moving by himself, check your controller. sometimes the joystick on one of mine gets stuck and you have to move it back

Qbas
01-12-2003, 10:00 AM
Well the controller is fine and it isn't so irritating than the lock ups, i just move the controller stick a little and it works fine after that.

samslophead
01-13-2003, 12:22 AM
Snoopy is right about the "sam moving by himself thing." It is the controller. Mine does it too when if it is slightly pushed forward even though I don't touch it. Halo does the same thing sometimes as well as other FPS games. I think it's b/c you push up most of the time on the controller. The other glitches are just tough luck I guess. I had a really crappy copy of Morrowind and I had the same problems, so I took it back for another copy and that worked fine. The only SC glitch I noticed was that in the Kalinitek level just before after the auditorium, I was carrying a body and it disappeared. My guy was still carrying something, but it looked like nothing was there.

Qbas
01-13-2003, 06:19 AM
Yesterday when i played Splinter Cell again, now i didn't have any problems with it, it ran smoothly and without lockups or any glitches...i think there were somekind of bug in the earlier missions that i played.

:)