PDA

View Full Version : VPORT or S-VIDEO?!?!?!?!?

Kortiz
01-10-2003, 09:09 PM
What is the Difference in Vport and S-Video? is there a difference at all?

this is for the RCA TVs made for XBOX.

Zion
01-10-2003, 09:26 PM
V-port is just a component connection with a proprietary connector. You're better off just getting a TV with component inputs.

And yes, it's better than S-video.

Kortiz
01-10-2003, 09:29 PM
Vport is better then S-video but not worth the 30bucks it cost to buy the cable itself?

Cloud Strife
01-10-2003, 09:32 PM
I might get that TV and try it out. I need an 8th TV for my bedroom anyway. I don't have a job to buy that TV so I'll ask my parents.;)

Kortiz
01-10-2003, 09:51 PM
hey burning ranger, ask your parents for me too.

Cloud Strife
01-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
hey burning ranger, ask your parents for me too. You think I'm actually going to do that.:confused:

Kortiz
01-10-2003, 11:17 PM
it was a joke....

ShannonX
01-10-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
Vport is better then S-video but not worth the 30bucks it cost to buy the cable itself?

the v-port cable is a glorified component cable. I read ,and i cant remember where, that the vport can connect your xbox directly or it could be used as an additional component input for other digital sources (with an adapter i assume)

just get a toshiba or samsung with component inputs and get a better overall quality tv for a reasonable price :)

Kortiz
01-11-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA

the v-port cable is a glorified component cable. I read ,and i cant remember where, that the vport can connect your xbox directly or it could be used as an additional component input for other digital sources (with an adapter i assume)

just get a toshiba or samsung with component inputs and get a better overall quality tv for a reasonable price :)

for 300bucks i would be getting this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11124738&m=1&cat=24&scat=27

would toshiba still be better?

ShannonX
01-11-2003, 07:21 AM
you couldn't find one for that price. If your on a budget, then i think its a pretty good deal cause it sure as hell is better than my TV..heheh.... But if you can spend up to about $500 or so, i would get a toshiba or samsung, but thats my personal opinion. :)

Highlite23
01-11-2003, 08:30 AM
I got the RCA, and yes the V-Port is basically a component conection (Only $20 at Best Buy) It is a nice set for the price. I have had no complaints with this set at all, nice crisp picture, good options, etc...

Good Luck in your search.

Cloud Strife
01-11-2003, 08:52 AM
I'll probably stick to AV for now. I know it seems a little dated but the quality is just fine for me.;)

Frostberg
01-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I'll probably stick to AV for now. I know it seems a little dated but the quality is just fine for me.;)

Well, once you experience S-Video or Component you will NEVER want to go back. I was so amazed at the difference between composite (old yellow RCA type plug) and S-Video of a old television...then when I got my new Vega I could not beleive the crazy difference between S-Video and Component...Its especially worth it if you watch DVDs...

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg-XBA

Well, once you experience S-Video or Component you will NEVER want to go back. I was so amazed at the difference between composite (old yellow RCA type plug) and S-Video of a old television...then when I got my new Vega I could not beleive the crazy difference between S-Video and Component...Its especially worth it if you watch DVDs... I have finally watched a few DVD's on my Playstation 2, hooked up to the same TV as Xbox, the quality was pretty good to me. It's just that my TV doesn't have S-Video input. I'll admit the I can't go back to the RF-Adapter again.