PDA

View Full Version : Panzers first review (ign)

AlBoogy
01-11-2003, 01:38 AM
First good game of the year and its on XBox! Final Score is a 9.2. I hope gamespot doesnt give it anything under a 8.5 otherwise no one will give it respect. Unfortunately it seems like there review is the only one that matters to fanboys. Anyway, this game is going to be great.

GokuX
01-11-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
First good game of the year and its on XBox! Final Score is a 9.2. I hope gamespot doesnt give it anything under a 8.5 otherwise no one will give it respect. Unfortunately it seems like there review is the only one that matters to fanboys. Anyway, this game is going to be great.

IGN scores em higher than they usually deserve though so I'm skeptical.

RadRider
01-11-2003, 02:40 AM
If IGN gives it a score over and including 9, chances are I won't like the game. If IGN gives the game a score between 7.9 and 8.8, chances are I'll like it. That's just the way it's gone historically, since the days of the N64.
As for gamespot, well I haven't even read anything there in 13 months or so, so I don't care. :P

Cloud Strife
01-11-2003, 08:57 AM
I saw that review. However, I usally don't agree with most reviewers. I am buying that game no matter what because PD Orta made me buy an Xbox. If this game was never announced along with Gun Valkyrie, I wouldn't have purchased an Xbox. I'm buying this game as EB on Wednesday. I can't wait.:)

I like it the Ign gave Gun Valkyrie and Blinx good scores, but they gave Toe Jam & Earl III and Quantum Redshift not too good scores. I even think Crazy Taxi 3 deserved better.

Xbox Owner
01-11-2003, 10:54 AM
lWhat did it get in Graphics..a 10 I hope.

mtbaird5687
01-11-2003, 11:07 AM
hmmm i didnt really like the OXM demo but now since its gettin good scores ill have to rent it ya kno

DT21
01-11-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by mtbaird5687
hmmm i didnt really like the OXM demo but now since its gettin good scores ill have to rent it ya kno
Same here.

AlBoogy
01-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
lWhat did it get in Graphics..a 10 I hope.

You will be happy to know it did get a 10 :D

And personally, I loved the demo. Great visuals and sound. I played it a few times. But I guess this game wont be for everyone.

Cloud Strife
01-11-2003, 12:26 PM
I personally thought it was the second best demo I ever had on Xbox. My favorite demo was the one to Gun Valkyrie. I didn't buy Gun Valkyrie until it was out 3 months so I use to play the demo a lot. I use to play the demo 10 times a day. I couldn't buy Gun Valkyrie on release date because I was saving for a Playstation 2.

AlBoogy
01-11-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I personally thought it was the second best demo I ever had on Xbox. My favorite demo was the one to Gun Valkyrie. I didn't buy Gun Valkyrie until it was out 3 months so I use to play the demo a lot. I use to play the demo 10 times a day. I couldn't buy Gun Valkyrie on release date because I was saving for a Playstation 2.

I hear you on that. Its unfortunate that game didnt get the respect it deserved because of its controls. Granted, it was hard to control but it once you get used to it its not as hard.

Back on topic, one of the saturn versions will be included in the game! Old news i know but still.

Cloud Strife
01-11-2003, 12:50 PM

I hear you on that. Its unfortunate that game didnt get the respect it deserved because of its controls. Granted, it was hard to control but it once you get used to it its not as hard.

Back on topic, one of the saturn versions will be included in the game! Old news i know but still. I already have the first two on Sega Saturn. Still play them today even.;) I'm mad at myself for not buying Panzer Dragoon Saga a few years ago for $50 new. That really hurts me today.:(

I found Gun Valkyrie to be very easy and I had zero problems with the controls. It's probably because I'm a hardcore Sega fan and I can get use to any control scheme in any videogame in a short period of time.

Liquid Gears
01-11-2003, 04:50 PM
The demo for this game was great! This a title I'm lookin' forward to :)

Cloud Strife
01-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
The demo for this game was great! This a title I'm lookin' forward to :) I didn't know you were looking forward to this game LG.:confused:

Liquid Gears
01-11-2003, 04:58 PM
I didn't know you were looking forward to this game LG.:confused:

Yeah but, not in a way I want to buy it. The demo was sweet, it's definitely a renter. I remember when the first game was released with Sega Saturn. Whenever I when to Toys R Us when I was little, I was always playing it at its little advertisment stand. Lol

Cloud Strife
01-11-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

Yeah but, not in a way I want to buy it. The demo was sweet, it's definitely a renter. I remember when the first game was released with Sega Saturn. Whenever I when to Toys R Us when I was little, I was always playing it at its little advertisment stand. Lol You did the same thing also. You were probably at the age of 13. I remember going into Toy's R Us and seeing a Sega Saturn for the first time and Panzer Dragoon. I played it and thought it was the best graphics I've ever seen. Later on that year, I would play Virtua Fighter 2 at Toy's R Us, then Nights a year later. Playing the Saturn so much at Toy's R Us made me buy one.

AlBoogy
01-12-2003, 12:02 AM
Update,,, Gamepro has reviewed it as well....

Graphics 5.0
Sound 5.0
Controls 4.0
Fun Factor 4.5

Any portion you want me to type up, just ask.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Game Pro's review doesn't make a difference to me. The only reviewer that I think is good is Play Magazine. They gave PD Orta a 5/5 rating. They also gave Gun Valkyrie that kind of score.

Insane Jester
01-12-2003, 05:20 PM
I hope gamespot doesnt give it anything under a 8.5 otherwise no one will give it respect

i never listen to what score's or reviews are given to games .. i try them out myself in the store .. if there good i buy if there not i dont ..

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Insane Jester

i never listen to what score's or reviews are given to games .. i try them out myself in the store .. if there good i buy if there not i dont .. I can say that you can't really judge a game by a few minutes played at a store. However, I do agree on not listening to reviews and just play the game myself because that's what I do. I make up my own review system.

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 07:32 PM
I found Gun Valkyrie to be very easy and I had zero problems with the controls. It's probably because I'm a hardcore Sega fan and I can get use to any control scheme in any videogame in a short period of time.

Well Gun Valkyrie is not a flight sim and the xbox controller is not a joystick, why the hell is the Y axis inverted? There should be an option to change that...then I will buy the game, but since theres not...no gun valkyrie for me.:(

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Well Gun Valkyrie is not a flight sim and the xbox controller is not a joystick, why the hell is the Y axis inverted? There should be an option to change that...then I will buy the game, but since theres not...no gun valkyrie for me.:( What's the problem with the control not being inverted. I know that you want every game like that but I've played 50 games no inverted and 50 games inverted. It's not hard going both ways. Probably because I never adjust the controls in any game.

I'll admit that I don't like inverted controls for most games. I only want inverted for a flight game.

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 07:43 PM
What's the problem with the control not being inverted. I know that you want every game like that but I've played 50 games no inverted and 50 games inverted. It's not hard going both ways. Probably because I never adjust the controls in any game.

I'll admit that I don't like inverted controls for most games. I only want inverted for a flight game.

Well I can only play non-inverted games because I use logic...Right is right on the stick, why is Up not up? I cant get used to that, and Im not taking the time to see if I can either.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 07:47 PM

Well I can only play non-inverted games because I use logic...Right is right on the stick, why is Up not up? I cant get used to that, and Im not taking the time to see if I can either. I get your point. Would you be able to get use to a game where the right stick was to control the character while the left stick controls the aim? I was wondering because I played a few games like that. I'll admit that control scheme gives me a little trouble.

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 07:49 PM
I get your point. Would you be able to get use to a game where the right stick was to control the character while the left stick controls the aim? I was wondering because I played a few games like that. I'll admit that control scheme gives me a little trouble.

No. I played one game like that and I was stuck running into a wall, and i said screw that.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:28 PM

No. I played one game like that and I was stuck running into a wall, and i said screw that. I never quit at a videogame despite difficult controls. I am a very hardcore gamer.;)

EHWfedPres
01-13-2003, 11:29 AM
I never quit at a videogame despite difficult controls. I am a very hardcore gamer.;)

Yeah, but I didnt like the game to begin with...I think it was Toejam and Earl 3, the demo from the OXM disc...

I just played the Gun Valkyrie demo last night...I thought it was ok as long as I dont look up or down :D

Cloud Strife
01-13-2003, 11:47 AM

Yeah, but I didnt like the game to begin with...I think it was Toejam and Earl 3, the demo from the OXM disc...

I just played the Gun Valkyrie demo last night...I thought it was ok as long as I dont look up or down :D Toe Jam & Earl III, I'm awesome at that game. I have zero problems controlling it. It happens to be my 11th favorite Xbox game. Halo is my 10th favorite.

AlBoogy
01-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Toe Jam & Earl III, I'm awesome at that game. I have zero problems controlling it. It happens to be my 11th favorite Xbox game. Halo is my 10th favorite.

LOL Whats your 100th favorite game?

MixMasta
01-13-2003, 03:18 PM
im gonna rent it first, try to beat it, because i dont like to buy many single player games. I didnt buy Splinter Cell because i got mgs2, so i just borrowed that, but i do regret not originally buying sc.

Cloud Strife
01-13-2003, 04:50 PM

LOL Whats your 100th favorite game? The Xbox games I like only go up to 75.

AlBoogy
01-13-2003, 06:04 PM
The Xbox games I like only go up to 75.

Heh, you are one unique felow.

Mega Gamer
01-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Gamespot finally rated something right. They gave panzer a 9.0
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2908662,00.html:)

Cloud Strife
01-13-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Mega Gamer
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2908662,00.html:) I just read that and I'm surprised. I can't wait until Friday when I pick it up.;)

Did you see that Nightcaster II review? 1.9, Ouch.

AlBoogy
01-13-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Mega Gamer
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2908662,00.html:)

Amen! Like I said, now it will get some respect. When I opened up the page for the review i was guessing like 8.6 or 8.8,something short of the ediors choice award. But when I saw it in gold coloring I was like :eek: