PDA

View Full Version : True Crime: Streets of LA, and Mafia

AppoX
01-11-2003, 12:11 PM
i have not been able to see that much on mafia, and just a little bit on true crime. to me it looks like mafia will be a very good game, better then true crime. when do both of these games come out? should i expect one to be better then the other?

Young_Fledgling
01-12-2003, 07:15 PM
MAFIA IS COMING TO XBOX?!??!? ARE U SERIOUS?!

spike spiegel
01-14-2003, 12:34 PM
Don't think Mafia is coming to Xbox and True Crimes should be better anyways from what I've read and seen.(read "should")

OuFtb
01-14-2003, 02:50 PM
I was just looking at prices for games and saw Mafia on there and they were taking preorders, so I guess it is coming.

dances with broom sticks
01-14-2003, 06:57 PM
mafia comes to ps2 and xbox in spring of 2k3, they just recently confirmed it

spike spiegel
01-14-2003, 10:33 PM
Cool, is it up on any major sites yet like gamespot?

davidx
01-18-2003, 07:49 AM
I just finished MAFIA for PC and it was amazing. The graphics are amazing, gameplay is flawless and even though it's somewhat of a linear game, you do have the freedom to take your time, pick your car, guns etc. No time limits and real time damage to the cars (unlike stupid GTA series).

Don't rent...just buy! I might get it again simply to have in my xbox collection.

DX

y2kash_14
01-19-2003, 10:42 PM
I had Mafia for quite some time now, still play it too. But it's not as good as the GTA3 or Vice City, but hey it's tough to beat those games:)

davidx
01-20-2003, 02:02 AM
Dude, you're crazy!

MAFIA owns GTA3. IMO, GTA3 got boring real quick.

I couldn't put MAFIA down. Graphics wise, story wise and gameplay wise, MAFIA destroys GTA3.

X

y2kash_14
01-20-2003, 02:44 AM
You are right on one point, the graphics, Mafia has the better graphics.

But the story on both series is basically the same, do some jobs for the Mafia (Gangs in GTA's case) and try to become a Made Man.

And the gameplay pretty much evens out.

Some Stuff I Didn't Like About Mafia

I don't like the fact that you can't steal any car you like from the beginning, you have to unlock every single car (except for the crappy ones)

The City is totally boring, everything looks the same, the same signs are on every building, not a very memorable atmosphere (unlike the Cities in GTA3 and Vice City)

Not as much variety as Vice City or GTA3 in the Free Ride, you can't do much besides steal cars, beat up people, steal more cars, beat up more people.

Lots of Loading Screens, and i mean lots.

just a few stuff like that, Mafia is still a good game, it's just that it's not as Fun as GTA

Ford Mustang
01-20-2003, 09:12 PM
So are you saying that it's not like the GTA series in the fact that you can't just load a game, steal a car, and just drive around and do whatever you want (i.e. killing sprees, drive bys, etc)? That was one of the greatest things to do in GTA3, see how long you could live against the cops, just start running people over to get them after you and then run as long as possible....lol...I sound like a demented serial killer....

y2kash_14
01-21-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang
So are you saying that it's not like the GTA series in the fact that you can't just load a game, steal a car, and just drive around and do whatever you want (i.e. killing sprees, drive bys, etc)? That was one of the greatest things to do in GTA3, see how long you could live against the cops, just start running people over to get them after you and then run as long as possible....lol...I sound like a demented serial killer....

that is correct, it would have made a lot more sense to be able to make the Free Ride a part of the Story mode, instead of making it two seperate modes. GTA is without a doubt the better game

davidx
01-22-2003, 02:14 AM
Sorry, but once again I gotta disagree.

I got bored of the actual GTA3 game very quickly. MAFIA's story is way more solid.

I'll admit, GTA3 has the better "freeride" mode. I just don't like how "cartoony" GTA is. MAFIA is way more realistic...

I do like both games and can't wait to see how MAFIA runs on the Xbox. I don't think people will be disapointed.

Things they should change in MAFIA (my main complaints): Y2Kash is right...you ought to be able to steal ANY car from the start. Also, there's A LOT of useless driving in between missions.

X:cool:

y2kash_14
01-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by davidx

Things they should change in MAFIA (my main complaints): Y2Kash is right...you ought to be able to steal ANY car from the start. Also, there's A LOT of useless driving in between missions.

X:cool:

yeah, like that dumb racing level, that was the stupidest level ever