PDA

View Full Version : I sold an Xbox today!

WynnFire
01-11-2003, 08:49 PM
At work today I was talking to a customer who was asking about N64 game rentals and wondering why we no longer had any. (I work for Blockbuster Video) I told him the same thing I tell everybody else. Anyway, we started talking about consoles and he noticed that we sell the new ones. Xbox, PS2, and GameCube. I started telling him about the Xbox with the game bundle, hard drive, controller, DVD playback kit, and all of the games. Then he asked about the PS2 and GameCube and told them about their weaknesses and strengths. (2ports on PS2, needing additional adapters for online play for PS2 and GameCube, etc..)

To make a long story short, I opened up his wallet pulled out a $100 bill and extra money and said he will get an Xbox. His little kid was shocked, amazed, and incredibly happy. I was too. He wanted a DVD playback kit but we were sold out. A PS2 owner that was standing behind him almost broke down and bought one too. His kid started talking about Halo and how great it is.

MerimacHamwich
01-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Cool. I am glad you are spreading the wisdom and word.

FuNkY mOnK
01-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Thats good, but he let you open his wallet? nice guy.

Cloud Strife
01-11-2003, 09:04 PM
I convinced around 40 people at my old high school to get an Xbox. Most people I thought I worked for Microsoft since I seemed like I was advertising Xbox.

I'm just hoping that the people I conivnced to buy an Xbox still like the system right although I haven't talked to them since May 2002. I hope their not mad at me for getting them into Xbox either.

FuNkY mOnK
01-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Totally off the topic, sort of, i purchased a DC brand new in the box on ebay for 91.00, i cant wait to have my DC back in my arms again. :D

Cloud Strife
01-11-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
Totally off the topic, sort of, i purchased a DC brand new in the box on ebay for 91.00, i cant wait to have my DC back in my arms again. :D Cool, Dreamcast is one of my favorite systems.:)

KnightX
01-11-2003, 09:31 PM
A DC?? Geez I would've given you mine!!! It's all boxed up and sitting in the closet.

Shorezy
01-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Nice man! Its always cool to know of a story like that. And we all know that feeling.:D

Cloud Strife
01-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by KnightX
A DC?? Geez I would've given you mine!!! It's all boxed up and sitting in the closet. My Dreamcast would never be boxed up. Actually none of my systems are boxed up. I even like my Dreamcast better than Xbox.

Xbox Owner
01-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Heh, good job man. :)

GokuX
01-11-2003, 11:00 PM
I only kept my DC around as long as I did because I could play Gran Tourismo 2 on it with the Bleem disk. So in a sense it was really just a Playstation for me.

xboxman_1
01-11-2003, 11:41 PM
All of my friends were gonna get PS2's in Nov. 2001, but I got an xbox, they saw Halo, and now I converted about 25 people to the MS side.

AlBoogy
01-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Deja Vu. I feel like Ive read this some place before. *points over to teamxbox forums*

Viper87227
01-12-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by WynnFire
(2ports on PS2, needing additional adapters for online play for PS2 and GameCube, etc..)

No offecnce towards you, but i absolutly hate it when people say that. Buying a network adapter to play online on PS2 is CHEAPER that buying the softoware required to use the modem already in the xbox. Sorry, but it just drives me nuts when people fail to see that while they bash PS2s online.

Also, white this is kinda o/t, its funny how you never here someone bring up that you have to pay $30 to play DVDs on your Xbox, but you can play em on PS2 stock outta the box.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way there not directed towards you Im just using waht you said as an example. Finals are coming I need somewhere to vent al my stress, and this post seemed like the place to do it.

ARONO129
01-12-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Viper87227

No offecnce towards you, but i absolutly hate it when people say that. Buying a network adapter to play online on PS2 is CHEAPER that buying the softoware required to use the modem already in the xbox. Sorry, but it just drives me nuts when people fail to see that while they bash PS2s online.

Also, white this is kinda o/t, its funny how you never here someone bring up that you have to pay $30 to play DVDs on your Xbox, but you can play em on PS2 stock outta the box.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way there not directed towards you Im just using waht you said as an example. Finals are coming I need somewhere to vent al my stress, and this post seemed like the place to do it.

Ok. And if you want to have a few friends over and play PS2 then you have to purchase a multi tap adapter and then lets talk memory cards. Are they free? Or are you going to buy the HDD if\when available in the USA. Also many people, I'm sure buy the DVD remote anyway because they prefer it over the corded remote. The only thing CHEAPER about the PS2 is the graphics.

FuNkY mOnK
01-12-2003, 07:45 AM
And if you use the wireless remote for dvd playback you have one port available, this is on a technical note mind you. this is one reason sony had you play dvds with the controller don't believe otherwise. And notice how the memory cards surfaced out of nowhere when suddenly the hdd wasn't available in the u.s... Sony are a bunch of pricks wake up and smell the slime.

Viper87227
01-12-2003, 08:43 AM
And if you use the wireless remote for dvd playback you have one port available, this is on a technical note mind you. this is one reason sony had you play dvds with the controller don't believe otherwise. And notice how the memory cards surfaced out of nowhere when suddenly the hdd wasn't available in the u.s... Sony are a bunch of pricks wake up and smell the slime.

There are ways around waht you saida bout only have one contoller. By a 3rd party remote that has contoller passthrough (most of them are also unimersal, another +) Does the xbox one have contoller passthru. Nope. and looks like we wont see you picking up a 3rd party remote that has it will we.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 08:52 AM

There are ways around waht you saida bout only have one contoller. By a 3rd party remote that has contoller passthrough (most of them are also unimersal, another +) Does the xbox one have contoller passthru. Nope. and looks like we wont see you picking up a 3rd party remote that has it will we. 3rd party accessories always break. That's why I never trust them.

StudioAlex
01-12-2003, 09:34 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Viper87227
[B]

Not really, because buying live gets you a year of online play. For the PS2, companies will charge a monthly fee that, if priced between 10 and 20$, will easily exceed fifty dollars. I have to admit, Sony is more flexible in allowing gamers to use the narrow band, but most games these days would be nearly unplayable with that slow a connection.

Actually, the software to play dvds is the other thing you are buying when you buy a remote control. This is better, in my opinion, because it keeps the cost of the system down that much more. If I already have a DVD player, why should I be charged for that function on a VIDEO GAME machine?

Snoopy7548
01-12-2003, 09:53 AM
A DC?? Geez I would've given you mine!!! It's all boxed up and sitting in the closet.

can i have it?:D :)

FuNkY mOnK
01-12-2003, 10:08 AM
First,the DC is a wonderful machine notice i said is and not was.but i vowed to myself never to sell anymore consoles or games, ever. i learned dearly for selling my dc for the ps2. no offense to any ps2 fan but i doubt i'll pick up the ps2 again.

Xbox Owner
01-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

can i have it?:D :)

Nope, he gave it to me. :cool:

FuNkY mOnK
01-12-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner

You lucky S.O.B

Snoopy7548
01-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner

i hate you

WynnFire
01-12-2003, 12:17 PM
I was typing too fast, I meant to say that he opened his wallet and took the money out not me.

FuNkY mOnK
01-12-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by WynnFire
I was typing too fast, I meant to say that he opened his wallet and took the money out not me.
you should get in the habit of quoting people when you reply or nobody will understand what your talking about. i know what you mean because you're quoting me. :D

FuNkY mOnK
01-12-2003, 01:09 PM

There are ways around waht you saida bout only have one contoller. By a 3rd party remote that has contoller passthrough (most of them are also unimersal, another +) Does the xbox one have contoller passthru. Nope. and looks like we wont see you picking up a 3rd party remote that has it will we.
First, as for me i buy only products from the company who produced the product i have. second, i still could have three people playing without a multi-tap and the dvd kit installed. sony ps2 still only two player with the passthrough thingy, unless you buy the multi-tap. xbox wins.

sorry about the multiple posts i know how angry the mods get.:)

AlBoogy
01-12-2003, 01:26 PM

you should get in the habit of quoting people when you reply or nobody will understand what your talking about. i know what you mean because you're quoting me. :D

Whats even worse is that he made the same exact mistake over at the teamxbox forums. As a matter of fact I think he might have just cut and pasted his entire thread.

http://forums.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=170217

FuNkY mOnK
01-12-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

Whats even worse is that he made the same exact mistake over at the teamxbox forums. As a matter of fact I think he might have just cut and pasted his entire thread.

imagine that parallel worlds. i would'nt beleaive it if i did'nt see it with me own eyes. :eek:

AlBoogy
01-12-2003, 02:59 PM

imagine that parallel worlds. i would'nt beleaive it if i did'nt see it with me own eyes. :eek:

Heh

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Dreamcast is an awesome system. I've been playing mine all day today. I like my Dreamcast way better than Playstation 2.

FuNkY mOnK
01-12-2003, 06:29 PM
since yesterday on ebay i purcahsed a new DC, Sega genesis-2 console with 18 games. now i'm looking for DC games.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 07:02 PM
since yesterday on ebay i purcahsed a new DC, Sega genesis-2 console with 18 games. now i'm looking for DC games. Sega Genesis is awesome too. I have 37 games for mine. Not many, but almost enough for me. Sonic the Hedgehog is like one of my favorite games of all time. I also love Phantasy Star IV.

WynnFire
01-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

Well hey, I was in a hurry like I said, so I copied what a said without even realizing it. I copied and pasted from there to here. My mistake. :eek:

FuNkY mOnK
01-12-2003, 08:35 PM
No problem on my end :)

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 08:50 PM
I was the first of all my friends to get an Xbox...now almost all my friends have one after playing mine...and all my friends that have xbox and ps2 ALWAYS get their multiplatform games for the Xbox. :cool:

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I was the first of all my friends to get an Xbox...now almost all my friends have one after playing mine...and all my friends that have xbox and ps2 ALWAYS get their multiplatform games for the Xbox. :cool: I convinced several people to get Xbox after I got mine. However, I never let any of my friends play mine besides three of them. I'm worried that the people I convinced to buy an Xbox like their system and are not mad at me. I haven't talked to any of them. I'm getting lonely because I don't have many friends to talk to.:(