PDA

View Full Version : Gamepro's games of the year (dissapointments and surprises)

AlBoogy
01-11-2003, 09:53 PM
All 11 editors for Gamepro gave there top 10. If anyone wants me to post 2-10 from any of the editors just ask.

Brother Buzz- Metroid Prime
D-Pad Destroyer- Eternal Darkness
Air Hendrix- Deus Ex
Dan Elektro- Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4
Star Dingo- Eternal Darkness
Pong Sifu- Jet Set Radio Future :eek:
Fennec Fox- GTA: Vice City
Dr. Zombie- Nfl2k3
Tokyo Drifter- Eternal Darkness
4-eyed dragon- SOCOM
Major Mike- Shinobi

Since when is Eternal Darkness so good? Never expected anyone to give JSRF game of the year.

Xbox Owner
01-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Splinter Cell.:(

AlBoogy
01-11-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
Splinter Cell.:(

Whats worse is that only 4 of the 11 have it somewhere in there top 10 somewhere.

Cloud Strife
01-11-2003, 10:26 PM
I think that list is horrible. I would hae said the best games were Blinx, Gun Valkyrie, Crimson Sea, Quantum Redshift, Pac-Man World 2, Frogger Beyond, Crazy Taxi 3, Eggmania, Smashing Drive, etc. I'm serious.;)

Xbox Owner
01-11-2003, 10:40 PM
Well..everyone has their own opinion..I guess.:)

VenoM
01-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I think that list is horrible. I would hae said the best games were Blinx, Gun Valkyrie, Crimson Sea, Quantum Redshift, Pac-Man World 2, Frogger Beyond, Crazy Taxi 3, Eggmania, Smashing Drive, etc. I'm serious.;)

smashing drive???:confused:...you serious? that game is crap:(

jsrf was and still is great.....as for eternal darkness i never played it but it did get great reviews...its easily one of nintendo's top titles of the year judging by the reviews

AlBoogy
01-11-2003, 11:33 PM

All of your picks are for XBox. They have to pick for all platforms. And I agree,, Smashing Drive?:confused:

Qbas
01-12-2003, 07:50 AM
Finaly Eternal Darkness gets the recognicion it deserves and that game is pure AAA title.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by VenoM

smashing drive???:confused:...you serious? that game is crap:(

jsrf was and still is great.....as for eternal darkness i never played it but it did get great reviews...its easily one of nintendo's top titles of the year judging by the reviews What's the problem with Smashing Drive. I absolutely love that game. Graphics don't make a game good. The gameplay does. That is why you still see me playing Sega Saturn all the time. Namco never makes a bad game. The same goes for Sega, Capcom, Konami, and Treasure. I just bought that game for $9.99 and I play it a lot. I even rented it before I bought it. I'll bet none of you guys played it along with Kabuki Warriors. I also love the music in SD a lot because I find myself singing to it. I also think Kakuto Chojin should have been one of the game of the years. Kakuto Chojin is one of my favorite fighting games.

Eternal Darkness was okay. The best GC game was Sonic Adventure 2: Battle by far. The best Playstation 2 game of the year was Ratchet & Clank.

I will admit that I seem to like games that no one else would like. I found Smashing Drive more enjoyable than Splinter Cell and Deathrow. I really want to try Metal Dungeon because I like trun based RPG games.

Laxeph
01-12-2003, 12:47 PM
Burning Ranger, your frickin wierd dude....

Insane Jester
01-12-2003, 05:17 PM
everyone has there own ideas of games of the year ... this is 100% not myne ...

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Fennec Fox- GTA: Vice City

I guess this is one of the disappointments...

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Laxeph
Burning Ranger, your frickin wierd dude.... I'm totally serious I like that game. I just played ait a few minutes ago. The thing is, I can play arcade style games 1000 times and not get tired of it. I absolutely enjoy playing Crazy Taxi and 18 Wheeler Pro Trucker several times and don't get bored. Plus, I like colorful and happy games over bloody and dark games.

Laxeph
01-12-2003, 06:24 PM
I totally agree with you about the colorful happy games.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Laxeph
I totally agree with you about the colorful happy games. I glad to see another person here liked them. I thought I was one of the only ones here who liked those types of games. They make me feel more like a kid and I seem to have more fun with them.

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 07:27 PM
I like colorful and happy games over bloody and dark games.

I like games where I get to beat people halfway to death, or shoot them. :D

and arcade games are loads of fun.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

I like games where I get to beat people halfway to death, or shoot them. :D

and arcade games are loads of fun. You think beating up people and shooting their heads off in videogames is fun. That stuff is too violent for me. I like those kind of games cel shaded the best.

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 07:35 PM
You think beating up people and shooting their heads off in videogames is fun. That stuff is too violent for me. I like those kind of games cel shaded the best.

The only non-violent game I like is Dave Mirra 2...mostly because of the good control scheme and physics system, but really the only reason I have the game is because of Wipeout mode...get points for crashing...:cool:

If OXM still had the top 10 plays, i'd send them the tape i have of about 5 minutes of great wipeouts...and a football game which someone accidentally recorded after the wipeouts (thank God) :D

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

The only non-violent game I like is Dave Mirra 2...mostly because of the good control scheme and physics system, but really the only reason I have the game is because of Wipeout mode...get points for crashing...:cool:

If OXM still had the top 10 plays, i'd send them the tape i have of about 5 minutes of great wipeouts...and a football game which someone accidentally recorded after the wipeouts (thank God) :D I can tell you like violent games for the way you are. I seem to know you very well. However, I don't think you know much about the way I am.

I agree about the Top 10 plays. OXM needs to bring them back. I might asking them why they don't have them anymore.

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 07:44 PM
I might be asking them why they don't have them anymore.

I think everyone on the forums should do the same thing...i'll find the e-mail address in a minute...

xboxman_1
01-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Graphics don't make a game good. The gameplay does

Most would agree, but then you follow it up with....

I also think Kakuto Chojin should have been one of the game of the years. Kakuto Chojin is one of my favorite fighting games.

A game with awesome graphics and horrible gameplay....can you spell h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e?

AlBoogy
01-13-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1

Most would agree, but then you follow it up with....

A game with awesome graphics and horrible gameplay....can you spell h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e?

He never really said he liked the games because of the graphics. I mean all of us have different tastes and I think its obvious to see ranger has the most unique taste of all.

Cloud Strife
01-14-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

He never really said he liked the games because of the graphics. I mean all of us have different tastes and I think its obvious to see ranger has the most unique taste of all. That is true. My taste in videogames are very different from anybody. I usually don't seem to find realistic action shooters or first person shooters to be my type of game. However, I did like Halo and Dead to Rights. I also play games most people refuse to play because of the reviews. I end up being one of the only people playing it and liking it.