PDA

View Full Version : My campout experince

JeremyX
11-25-2001, 12:09 AM
Well now that I've beat Halo twice I thought I'd start posting again before I go and buy DOA3. I decided to go to gamestop when I heard that they would recive 22 units. I went to bed at 11p.m. and I woke up at 2:45a.m. my brother didn't even sleep due to the excitement and all.(he's only 13)
Now off we went, my brother, my dad and I. Yes that's right my dad actually decided to go and see what all the hooplaw was about. So it sord of turned into a guy's night/morning out thing. So we show up at the Mall at 3a.m. and nobody was there. Frankly I was shocked. So we decide to go to Walmart to see if for some wierd reason they still had any left over. Of course they didn't. On our way back to the Mall we notiticed that Target had about 5 people waiting in line but still nobody was at the mall. So my dad decided that we should go back to the house and sleep untill 5:30a.m. so we did.
At 5:30 my dad was out of it and didn't want to go with us so I was heading out the door when my mom, who wakes up really early, comes down stairs and says, "Hey, I want to go with you guys." of course I'm in total shock and said "OK". When we got there there was only 1 person there so we waited in the car. By the time the doors opened there were only 5 people in line. I was shocked yet pleased that I was getting an Xbox. They were only selling 1 per customer and 1 guy wanted 2, so he gives my brother $340 to buy one for him and he actually let him keep the change. How cool was that!?
I don't think I've ever recevied so many phone calls from people on one day as I did on the 15th. Everyone wanted to come over and try it out. I had about 10 people over around 12:00p.m. and 17 people over buy 6:00p.m. Needless to say it got crazy. My friends loved it so much that they went out and rented some games to play. They even had everyone put in some money to go buy 2 more controllers so that 4 people could play at once.
The Xbox without a doubt has to be one of the best things that I have ever purchased! And I mean ever!

Chaotic
11-25-2001, 02:04 AM
240 ????

How can he keep the change when the xbox cost 299????

MaxPain
11-25-2001, 03:03 PM
Yea, Mentors, I was thinking that to......?
Lets think
Xbox= 300
He Got=240
That means hes short 60?
And he gets to keep the change?
I hope my advanced math skills helped =)
Im thinking typo =) =)

Frostberg
11-25-2001, 06:49 PM
Yeah I assume he meant $340...your bro still got ripped off, he shoulda got more than that for it...my friend who was waiting with me at walmart sold his card for $50...he didnt have the money for an xbox anyway so its nice that he got money for sitting in a folding lounge chair for 6 hours

Coll
11-25-2001, 08:51 PM
I got my xbox at the Wallmart. At 6:20 there were only 13 people ahead of me. Fortunately, for me they at 19. Upon receipt xbox I went and bought one of almost all the games they had - layaway is a wonderful thing. Since it's the family gift-it can't be open til Christmas-which won't be a bad thing if I can get a 54" Samsung HDTV.

JeremyX
11-25-2001, 11:34 PM
Yes I think It's obvious that I meant $340.

Did anyone else get as many phone calls as I did when you purchased your Xbox, or am I the only one here who has friends? j/k:p

CBR900rr
11-25-2001, 11:48 PM
I headed for the local Best Buy bright and early on the 15th, well it was almost 10am, since I had to get 3 kids in the car by myself...after making them breakfast etc....

I have 1 yr old twins and a 3yr old.. ;) But I was determined to grab this baby day 1 and did not reserve. It was selling like mad at the store as I parked I saw a few guys going to their cars smiling ear to ear with system in hand, this was a good sign IN STOCK !!!

Grabbing a cart I loaded the twins into it and walked my 3 lil ones into the store going straight to the games area..they said to get the system by going into the check out line at the front of the store. I already had 3 games so went to check out and left the store with my shiny new Sex Box...yeah this baby is sexy as hell :D

The rest is history, I am hooked and Racing more than anything, although Fever and DOA 3 are awesome...lol