PDA

View Full Version : Robotech: Battlecry-- Way Hard??!?

TimC
01-12-2003, 12:25 PM
Is Robotech Battlecry a hard game, or am I just a big suck loser? I have been trying over and over again to defend that sports arena building, and NEVER once can do it!! Been on this for over a week, and am sick of it!! I suspect that I am just a loser...any opinions on the difficulty of this game? I sailed right through Starfighter and Jedi Starfighter, too...seems like this game should not be much different!! Waaa!

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 07:14 PM
I traded the game in for Blinx and I'm glad I did. I used a few cheat codes for Robotech.

Reclaimer
01-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by TimC
Is Robotech Battlecry a hard game, or am I just a big suck loser? I have been trying over and over again to defend that sports arena building, and NEVER once can do it!! Been on this for over a week, and am sick of it!! I suspect that I am just a loser...any opinions on the difficulty of this game? I sailed right through Starfighter and Jedi Starfighter, too...seems like this game should not be much different!! Waaa!

That level was a little tough, Trouble in Graystone? but not as tough as the level called Catscan.

On the level you're talking about, It's all about using your radar. The zentradi will only come from 3 different places and head towards the arena. I'll use only Guardian mode and fly orbits around the arena. Every time my radar picks up a group, I'll fly around to that side and put myself between the arena and them. That way you'll soak up any incoming fire. Use your mulitlock and fire missles only when you have several targets locked. Fire your gun pod at the same time to speed up the killing. If any invaders make it past your wall of death and enter the small city around the arena, fly towards them and drop into Battloid mode and quicky kill them. Switch back to guardian get ready for the next raid. Once you figured out where those 3 places they come from are, you can mainly focus on patrolling those intercept points. Sometimes they come 2 places at once, but never from 3, so I've noticed. If they come from 2, a there willbe a small group of a few and a medium group. Hit the big group first, and then swoop in and take out the remaining stragglers. This is a long level by the way. Nowhere to go, but, they constantly raid the city for a long time. The whole key to Robotech is transforming at the right time and using the correct mech mode to attack with. The faster you kill them, the better off you are. But I'll tell you, that multi missle lock is a god send. Learn to use it. It'll lock on as many targets as you have missles bursts left. There is a another short arena level in the game, if you need help let me know.

ALC
02-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by TimC
...Robotech Battlecry... Starfighter Jedi Starfighter...

You need to re-think your game purchases ;)

I recieved both jedi starfighter (too easy) and battlecry (too hard) as gifts, and Im gonna sell them both as soon as i can i think.
So dont worry, you're not the only one who sux0rs at the game :P