PDA

View Full Version : I A Desperate for HELP!!!!!

brutaleminem
01-12-2003, 02:48 PM
ok i got my xbox a while ago.....one day it died on me... so i dont want to get screwed out of 300 bucks that i paid. ......so i buy a new xbox, switch the serial number stickers, and a few other things, is there anything else i have to do to not leave a trace of switching???? (like switch hardrives, or take pieces from the old to the new)

FuNkY mOnK
01-12-2003, 03:15 PM
Lets see i had the similar problem but with my pontiac Grand prix. I changed the serial number, erased the data from the pcm changed the transmission to an automatic, repainted to the color i was swapping. other then that i don't think the xbox should be much more difficult. :rolleyes: or you could be a descent supporter and buy another in it's third revision and you'll sleep better.

Insane Jester
01-12-2003, 05:10 PM
well lets just hope u get caught and lose out on both machines and both amounts of cash .. that would be well sweet ...

chili325
01-12-2003, 05:18 PM
quite frankly, would just dish out the $200 and get a new one. This way u get to new games, a new S-type, and ur looking at about 70 legitiment dollars that ur buying the xbox for. Not to mention u could probably sell ur old one on ebay to some nerd who enjoys fixing things for over 70.

ShannonX
01-12-2003, 05:32 PM
actually, you need to change out the internal components. Each of those components has the serial number of the xbox engraved on it. So if they have mismatching serials, they will come after you because they have records of where you live and what your name is. :rolleyes:

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 06:09 PM
That's kind of a thought choice. I'd just buy a new Xbox and not buy as many games. When you have a new Xbox a few years later, you'll be glad you replaced yours.

xboxproworld
01-14-2003, 08:29 AM
I'm not to sure what to tell yah except that if you don't want to get screwed out of 300 bucks, don't buy a new one, send your old one in! :mad:

Don't advertise.
~Kraft-XBA

xboxproworld
01-14-2003, 08:46 AM
It would also be wise to buy a new one instead of hacking an old one because can you imagine the amount of money youll be fined if you are caught! :cool:

Don't advertise.
Don't double post.
~Kraft-XBA