PDA

View Full Version : Just seen at ToysRus...

TommyGunn
01-12-2003, 08:55 PM
I was just at ToysRus and I seen a disk not sure what the name was now but it contained several demos of games and some extra content for a few games to download to your hard drive for 7.99. Is this gonna be the way for us people who dont have live to get the extra content? I thought we could get it through the OXM demo disks? or did they change that?

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by TommyGunn
I was just at ToysRus and I seen a disk not sure what the name was now but it contained several demos of games and some extra content for a few games to download to your hard drive for 7.99. Is this gonna be the way for us people who dont have live to get the extra content? I thought we could get it through the OXM demo disks? or did they change that?

You mean the Exhibition disc?

Liquid Gears
01-12-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

You mean the Exhibition disc?

What's that? and where can I find it?

EHWfedPres
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

What's that? and where can I find it?

I saw it at EB.

Xbox Owner
Funcoland, gamestop, etc, LG.:)

Liquid Gears
01-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Stores, guys! What stores? I don't buy stuff off the internet.

And what is this disc?

TommyGunn
01-12-2003, 09:07 PM
yeah that was it the exhabition disk

TommyGunn
01-12-2003, 09:08 PM
Stores, guys! What stores? I don't buy stuff off the internet.

And what is this disc?
Yes it was the exhabition disk and I seen it at ToysRus

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:11 PM
You can find the Exhibition Disk anywhere. I just saw it at Best Buy and Wal-Mart today. Toy's R Us also has Outlaw Golf's Nine Holes of X-Mas.

Liquid Gears
01-12-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by TommyGunn

Yes it was the exhabition disk and I seen it at ToysRus

You mean "I've seen" not "I seen" :D

What are all the things you get on the Exhibition Disc?

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:14 PM

You mean "I've seen" not "I seen" :D

What are all the things you get on the Exhibition Disc? I just know Halo, Whacked, Splinter Cell, Toe Jam & Earl III, NFL Fever 2003, Panzer Dragoon Orta, etc. Mainly a bunch of games that were already on OXM demo disk.

Liquid Gears
01-12-2003, 09:16 PM
I just found some info on it <a href="http://www.getintothegame.com/pages/games/xbox/action_adventure/xbx_exhibition_demo_disk.asp">here</a>

But it doesn't say anywhere that you can download stuff into your hard drive from it :confused:

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:23 PM
I just found some info on it <a href="http://www.getintothegame.com/pages/games/xbox/action_adventure/xbx_exhibition_demo_disk.asp">here</a>

But it doesn't say anywhere that you can download stuff into your hard drive from it :confused: The only thing from the disc that downloads to the harddrive is the DOA3 Boaster Pack.

Liquid Gears
01-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
The only thing from the disc that downloads to the harddrive is the DOA3 Boaster Pack.

Is that the same Booster Pack that came out earlier this year?

Also, has anyone some how downloaded any levels for Splinter Cell yet?? :confused:

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:29 PM

Is that the same Booster Pack that came out earlier this year?

Also, has anyone some how downloaded any levels for Splinter Cell yet?? :confused: From what I know, the Splinter Cell downloadable content hasn't been released yet.

Liquid Gears
01-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
From what I know, the Splinter Cell downloadable content hasn't been released yet.

Damn

When I just heard about this Exhibition Disc, I was hope'n it would have some Splinter Cell downloadables on it :(

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:34 PM

Damn

When I just heard about this Exhibition Disc, I was hope'n it would have some Splinter Cell downloadables on it :( I saw on EB's release date list that there is a new Exhibition Disk coming in Feb. I don't think it has the downloadable content. The games on the disc haven't been revealed yet.

CrazyCougar
01-12-2003, 10:44 PM
This is probably the bi-monthly demo disk they were talking about back in October. I've seen it on the shelves of Circuit City since December. Something like $5-7. If you get OXM demo's there's no need buying this disk.

siayajin
01-13-2003, 08:46 AM
I picked up an Exhibition disk from EB 2 months ago. It's pretty cool and EB only charged me $5.

Playable demos include:
-HALO
-Madden 2K3
-NFL Fever 2K3
-Panzer Dragoon
-Quantim Redshift
-Splinter Cell
-TimeSplitters 2
-ToeJam & Earl 3
-Whacked

Videos include:
-Blinx
-Brute Force
-HALO 2
-Mech Assault
-Mortal Kombat
-NBA Inside Drive 2k3
-NFL 2k3
-Shenmue 2
-Unreal
-Xbox.com
-Xbox Live

G4 coverage:
-E3
-DOAX

Downloadable content:
-DOA3 costumes
-Project Gotham fully unlocked with some spending money and extras
-RalliSport fully unlocked with extras

Also videos and songs that you can rip into the harddrive from:
-Death Cab for Cutie
-The Dismemberment Plan
-John Vanderslice
-Kind of Like Spitting
-The Long Winters
-Rilo Kiley
-Plan B

Personally, for $5 or even at some places where it's selling for the msrp of $8, it's not a bad purchase. It keeps you busy till the next game of the month is released. When the Exhibition disk vol 2 is released, I'm definitely getting it as well.