PDA

View Full Version : XBOX bundle?

jhsu
01-12-2003, 09:25 PM
are the games Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT2002 bundled with the XBOX the full versions?

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Yes they are. They are both very good games to me.:)

jhsu
01-12-2003, 09:29 PM
whoa, thanks for the quick reply.....I just ordered my XBOX from Dragon.CA with Splinter Cell and DOA3....any games I should buy?(this is the first console I've owned since the NES...I've been playing on the PC)...and what about the warranty? it seems that a lot of people are having problems with their XBOX

tWoTOMA
01-12-2003, 09:30 PM
yes they are the full versions, but both come packaged on the same cd in the same box. the disc also comes with movies of sweet games like panzer dragoon orta. i bought the games at gamestop for $25. granted, they are used and on the same cd, but i got a great racer and a decent adventure game for $25, what a steal!

btw, the package comes with both manuals. dont know if anyone cares, but it gives it the feel of two separate games although they come on one cd.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Thanks great to hear. Xbox has been a great console to me.

I am the quickest poster here.;) Welcome to the forum.:)

Xbox Owner
01-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Well, I find the Xbox breaking rumor thing not true. I've had my Xbox since 11/15/01, not one problem. Well, a couple of freezing on Madden 2001 last year. Buttt..I would definatly check out Halo (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,472132,00.html), Fable (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,516688,00.html), and
Panzer Dragoon Orta (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,537421,00.html).

Plus I would highly reccomend Xbox Live.:)

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Their have been a few problems with the older model Xbox's. However, the latest Xbox model with the Philips DVD drive and the quieter harddrive work much better.

jhsu
01-12-2003, 09:39 PM
XBox Live? what is that?(sorry for being a n00b, but, hey i've been using the PC for a good 5 years now)....

and about the 2 year warranty, is that worth buying?

jhsu
01-12-2003, 09:40 PM
and that XBOX bundle that i got.....will it have the new version XBOX or older? and how can you tell?

Xbox Owner
01-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by jhsu
and that XBOX bundle that i got.....will it have the new version XBOX or older? and how can you tell?

I'm sure you'll have the new one. I guess you can't really tell?:confused:

BTW, Xbox Live is a online gaming project by Microsoft. It requires broadband, though. Here's a link to check it out. ;)

Xbox Live Press Reviews (http://www.xbox.com/redir.asp?ciid=163&cachename=Advertising&PageGroupId=2&url=/LIVE/xboxlive-Press-Reviews.htm)

Xbox Live Information (http://www.xbox.com/live/)

Hope that helps.:)

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:47 PM
and that XBOX bundle that i got.....will it have the new version XBOX or older? and how can you tell? You will have the new version. The non bundled systems are the ones with the Thompson DVD drives. The Thompson Drive isn't as good as the Philips.

jhsu
01-12-2003, 09:48 PM
wow, i'm really hyped about that(XBOX Live)....finally, a console can do what a PC can...glad I have broadband, even if it's crappy Verizon....

jhsu
01-12-2003, 09:51 PM
how much does XBOX Live cost?

smack119
01-12-2003, 09:55 PM
live cost $50 USD...it includes the voice headset, demos of motoGP and...whacked i think. and it includes a 1 year subscription to the service

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:57 PM
Hey man, I have Verizon DSL and my connection is lighting quick. That is why you see me reply to you very quickly.

Anyway Xbox Live is $50. You get a headset, Moto GP Demo and Whacked Demo, and 1 yr of service free.

jhsu
01-12-2003, 09:58 PM
ok so that's not bad......but how much for 1 year subscription? 50 bucks?

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 10:01 PM
ok so that's not bad......but how much for 1 year subscription? 50 bucks? Pretty much. But you also get the headset and the two online demo's along with the 1 yr service free for $50.

Xbox Owner
01-12-2003, 10:05 PM
Hmm..yeah. It's 50$ for 1 free year, 2 demo's, and 1 headset. However, it's not free after a year..I think it's 10$ a month(microsoft isn't sure yet) after that..who knows, maybe they won't charge anything..ha..i'm pretty sure they'll charge a small fee a month.

jhsu
01-12-2003, 10:05 PM
but I mean after the 1 year subscription to XBOX Live that came with the starter set is over....what then? how much to renew?

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 10:09 PM
but I mean after the 1 year subscription to XBOX Live that came with the starter set is over....what then? how much to renew? Nothing has been said yet. You can check the Xbox Live Gereal Discussion Forum because there was a thread about that. It is estimated to be no more than $10 a month.

jhsu
01-12-2003, 10:12 PM
I doubt that it'll be free....it's too much of a potential moneymaker to be given up....btw, how well has the XBOX sold? better than Gamecube?(I know it can't be better than PS2)

jhsu
01-12-2003, 10:15 PM
btw, all you current XBOX live owners....how would you hook it up? I have it currently connected to my PC(the one I'm typing on), with no router....can I still use my broadband to hook up to the XBOX?

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 10:16 PM
I doubt that it'll be free....it's too much of a potential moneymaker to be given up....btw, how well has the XBOX sold? better than Gamecube?(I know it can't be better than PS2) In the U.S., Europe and Australia yes. Japan, no. The Xbox and Gamecube sales are very close to eachother. However, games sell much better on Xbox then they do on GC. That is why more third party developers rather put their games on Xbox instead of GC.

Xbox Owner
01-12-2003, 10:18 PM
btw, all you current XBOX live owners....how would you hook it up? I have it currently connected to my PC(the one I'm typing on), with no router....can I still use my broadband to hook up to the XBOX?

With no router, you can only play one at a time. (Xbox Live or PC). It's fairly easy to set up, if you want to know how, visit here (http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/connect/default.htm). BTW, I have Xbox Live, but waiting for Verizon to send me a piece. They screwed up and forgot to send one of the disks to set it up.:mad:

Xbox Owner
01-12-2003, 10:20 PM
I'm pretty sure it's outselling gamecube, not 100% sure..maybe you should check out the Debate forums. All I know is in November they outsold gamecube, with 2.4million sells..second best month of Xbox. I am 75% sure it's outselling gamecube, though..

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner

With no router, you can only play one at a time. (Xbox Live or PC). It's fairly easy to set up, if you want to know how, visit here (http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/connect/default.htm). BTW, I have Xbox Live, but waiting for Verizon to send me a piece. They screwed up and forgot to send one of the disks to set it up.:mad: You have Verizon DSL Xbox Owner, so do I. My Dad works for the company so he was able to get it easily.

Xbox Owner
01-12-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
You have Verizon DSL Xbox Owner, so do I. My Dad works for the company so he was able to get it easily.

That's cool. How does it run? Fast? Slow? Good enough?:p

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 10:27 PM

That's cool. How does it run? Fast? Slow? Good enough?:p You can see I'm a lighting quick poster so it runs fast. However, when there is another computer in the household on the internet at the same time, it moves slowly.

Xbox Owner
01-12-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
You can see I'm a lighting quick poster so it runs fast. However, when there is another computer in the household on the internet at the same time, it moves slowly.

Heh, my sister moved out to days ago.:D BTW.. how slow..are we talking 56k?:(

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 10:35 PM

Heh, my sister moved out to days ago.:D BTW.. how slow..are we talking 56k?:( It depends. When my Dad or my sister gets on the PC in the living room, the site seems to move close to a 56K level. When it's just my PC, it moves very fast. I'll try testing the speed when I hook up four PC's to the router in a few days.

My sister is 23 years old and still lives at home.:rolleyes:

thunder
01-13-2003, 12:19 PM
burning ranger why do you feel the need to tell every body how fast you can post when i feel i can speak for everybody No One Cares i see it as spam

smack119
01-13-2003, 12:53 PM
if i just stared at the forums all day i could post just as fast... but i only look at them a few times a day if that.

ARONO129
01-13-2003, 01:01 PM

I read somewhere on the internet a few months ago that some of the older version Xboxes are in the Sega bundle. I have the bundle with the S controller and my HDD is quick and quiet.

My advice is regardless of whether you have the newer or older Xbox get the extended warranty.

Cloud Strife
01-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by thunder
burning ranger why do you feel the need to tell every body how fast you can post when i feel i can speak for everybody No One Cares i see it as spam I said that because I was complimenting my DSL provider. It use to take me forever to post so I just said forget it.

MyPetXbox
01-13-2003, 05:00 PM
yeah they are for the same price still! $200

Cloud Strife
01-13-2003, 07:16 PM
I think the reason some of the bundle packs have the older Xbox in them because Microsoft probably had stores send back their original system to them for they could change it. They also might of had the older Xbox's sitting around the company for a long time.

jhsu
01-13-2003, 08:48 PM
I really hope not...I dont' want to get one of those original XBOXes...I've heard most of the problems with the XBOX are with one of those.....::crosses fingers:: sure there's no way to tell if it's new or old?

Cloud Strife
01-13-2003, 08:53 PM
I really hope not...I dont' want to get one of those original XBOXes...I've heard most of the problems with the XBOX are with one of those.....::crosses fingers:: sure there's no way to tell if it's new or old? At least you won't have a launch Xbox. You should buy a warranty to yor Xbox no matter what. You may never know what can happen to it. Once you start playing Xbox, the fear you have of the system breaking down will disappear. I had it just before I bought y Xbox at launch and it disapperead when I played Halo. It amazzed me so much, I really didn't care.