PDA

View Full Version : *Attention* Unreal Tournament Frame Rate patch is coming!!!

Heavens Gate
01-14-2003, 07:05 AM
January 13, 2003 - J.P. Eekels, Lead Designer at Digital Extremes, announced a patch that will be available for Unreal Championship. The full list of announced fixes/adjustments are as follows:
Improved Stat Collection - The longer you play in bot-only games, the less points you will receive for each kill. This way, you could in theory work your way up the rankings ladder, but it would take a ridiculous amount of time.
Balancing of Teams
No more leaving a map's boundaries, and fixing of TAG Rifle exploits
Graphics Control - The ability to turn off Anti Aliasing, as well as a few other optimizations that should improve framerate.
Real-time voice control (tentative) - Would help will reducing bandwidth usage.

Good news heh??:eek:

Dre
01-14-2003, 09:10 AM
Thats awesome news! Is that the full list of changes in the patch? Is there a link where I could go read more? :)

Thanks one way or another. The framerate issue patch is awesome... I wonder if we'll be able to tell a big difference in image quality with the bells & whistles toned down a notch.

XBOX MSSC
01-14-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Dre
Thats awesome news! Is that the full list of changes in the patch? Is there a link where I could go read more? :)

Thanks one way or another. The framerate issue patch is awesome... I wonder if we'll be able to tell a big difference in image quality with the bells & whistles toned down a notch.
I really hope so. :D

Casper
01-14-2003, 09:23 AM
Maybe this will get me to wipe the dust off of it...but we'll see.

Good news man...and yea, a link would be nice...but I'll go do some searchin

Ninja Scroll
01-14-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by casper
Maybe this will get me to wipe the dust off of it...but we'll see.

Good news man...and yea, a link would be nice...but I'll go do some searchin

Im willing to bet my copy of Ghost Recon has more dust than your UC.:D

But fellas, I would'nt get too excited, dude never gave an estimate time table for da patch.
So dont hold your breath.

Me, I could care less, I mean da game is cool and all, but unless dis patch is flawless than I wont be playing dis game anytime soon.:)

JJaX
01-14-2003, 10:34 AM
i posted this in another thread:

This is a big :edit: YOU to everyone who said "what framerate problem?"

Ha! You silly :edit: kept saying "Ohh JJaX just has a bad disc, ours run fine. Unreal runs great on the xbox!"

Ha! You :edit: losers!

"Adjustment: Frame rate issues" Straight from the mutha :edit: devolopers mouth! What framerate issues? Uhhhhh derrrr!!!!

So do you guys spit or swallow?

:edit: punks....

If there was no frame rate problem than why are they releasing a patch to fix it? Riddle me that that you trolls.

I took a lot of heat for stepping up and admitting Unreal had framerate problems....But i was tossed aside like a outcast and ganged up on.

So JJaX was right huh? :edit: you PAY ME!

Jjax, please stop trying to get around the swear censor.

J Dub
01-14-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Dre
I wonder if we'll be able to tell a big difference in image quality with the bells & whistles toned down a notch.

Actually the image quality will suffer because of this patch. To fix the framerate you'll have to shut off anti-aliasing and other options. Kind of a shame, but it's not really a necessary graphics option. It'll be interesting to see how it looks with everything toned down. Oh well, at least it'll be smooth.

Ninja Scroll
01-14-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
i posted this in another thread:

This is a big FUGG YOU to everyone who said "what framerate problem?"

Shut up be'foe I snipe you fool!

Betta watch yo mouf junior. Just cause your useing fake words to cover up curse words dont mean I wont BAN YOUR ASS!

Now to take dem Prozac pills my boy let you borrow and chill out.

Everyone knows UC suffered great lag when there were too many peeps in one battle.

But you said you hated da game anyways, so go home and eat some peanut butter sandwiches and choke yo ass to hell!!

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!:D

btw, you get NFL2K3 yet, if not drop out da league sucka, your holdin alot of us up!!:mad:

Cloud Strife
01-14-2003, 10:48 AM
I think it's great to hear their fixing the online problems with Unreal Championship, but I'm not too crazy about patches coming to console games. That is kind of why I stayed away from PC gaming.

JJaX
01-14-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Shut up be'foe I snipe you fool!

Betta watch yo mouf junior. Just cause your useing fake words to cover up curse words dont mean I wont BAN YOUR ASS!

Now to take dem Prozac pills my boy let you borrow and chill out.

Everyone knows UC suffered great lag when there were too many peeps in one battle.

But you said you hated da game anyways, so go home and eat some peanut butter sandwiches and choke yo ass to hell!!

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!:D

btw, you get NFL2K3 yet, if not drop out da league sucka, your holdin alot of us up!!:mad:

|3itch shut the hell up before i yolk your ass.

Its not that i didnt like UC. I just couldnt stand it because it was utter crap compared to the PC.

And than when i did address the frame rate issue, i was told i didnt know what i was talking about. The human eye can only see 30 FPS and the list of s4it goes on and on and on and mutha F'n On.

Now that ive heard that the framerate is an issue straight from the developers mouth its like the sweetest joy for me.

Except revenge and pu55y that is ;)

So once again, a big fugg you lick a dik to everyone who told me i was wrong. Looks like you were wrong.

Hate to say i told you so....But this is better.

F You!

EHWfedPres
01-14-2003, 10:51 AM
The only framerate problems I have seen in UC is when theres alot of people in a close area with alot of effects going off, thats all. It was alot worse in Ghost Recon when I had a pile of 20-30 dead bodies on each entrance of one of the POW camp towers in a quick mission...

Shadow20002
01-14-2003, 12:00 PM
Everyone notice something about this ? Now after this patch from Digital Extremes, there are developers will think the same. They gonna rush out their titles to rival the others and then, release a patch with Xbox Live. Hopefully this is the first one and the last one we hear about a patch for console game or we are starting to become like PC. :rolleyes:

EHWfedPres
01-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Hopefully this is the first one and the last one we hear about a patch for console game or we are starting to become like PC. :rolleyes:

JJaX
01-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Everyone notice something about this ? Now after this patch from Digital Extremes, there are developers will think the same. They gonna rush out their titles to rival the others and then, release a patch with Xbox Live. Hopefully this is the first one and the last one we hear about a patch for console game or we are starting to become like PC. :rolleyes:

Well if i connect with a game on XBL and i get a message saying "Updates are available" pressin 'A' isnt that demanding from me. No big deal.

I say bring the patches, we need them!

Ninja Scroll
01-14-2003, 12:20 PM
NO ACTION JJACKSON, your cup cake eat'n ass is still wrong.
You had a messed up UC disc!!!:D

Plus you welched on getting NFL2K3, so drop out da League be'foe I pimp slap you hoe!:cool:

Ninja Scroll
01-14-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Well if i connect with a game on XBL and i get a message saying "Updates are available" pressin 'A' isnt that demanding from me. No big deal.

I say bring the patches, we need them!

What you b1itchin foe, you returned your like a punk, aint it time foe you to go play you some Toe Jam & Earl II or something sucka ass wanksta!:D

DIGITAL
01-14-2003, 12:27 PM
i love UNREAL its my most played game! i want content download before some patch ,cause ive only noticed lag a few times why playing it on live!others wise the game seems to run smooth for me,but we do need to fix the stats ,playing with easy bots an getting points is the same as cheating!

studepaber
01-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Well said JJaX, it's like these fools are blind or something huh?
After they play the patched version (if it works) they'll realize how much crap they've been playing previous to the fix.

Brevity
01-14-2003, 01:39 PM
I would like to see alot more changes to this game than they mentioned. Like a real lobby and the ability to play every map with every game type.

Ninja Scroll
01-14-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
I would like to see alot more changes to this game than they mentioned. Like a real lobby and the ability to play every map with every game type.

And dont forget to have it where you can see what all your friends are playing online!
I hate it how they only tell you if there on or offline.
Punks dont even tell you what anyone else is playing.
Just like GR.:rolleyes:

Brevity
01-14-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

And dont forget to have it where you can see what all your friends are playing online!
I hate it how they only tell you if there on or offline.
Punks dont even tell you what anyone else is playing.
Just like GR.:rolleyes:
Hell ya all the new games suffer from this. Fever is the only one that shows all just like the dash. Also I just though of how hard it is to join someone whoinvites you into UC I hope they fix that too. So for me its not what they said but what they didnt say.;)

JJaX
01-14-2003, 02:11 PM

Hell ya all the new games suffer from this. Fever is the only one that shows all just like the dash. Also I just though of how hard it is to join someone whoinvites you into UC I hope they fix that too. So for me its not what they said but what they didnt say.;)

Moto GP shows you what game friends playing as well.

JJaX
01-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by studepaber

Well said JJaX, it's like these fools are blind or something huh?
After they play the patched version (if it works) they'll realize how much crap they've been playing previous to the fix.

Sank you sank you!

I think you and a few others were actually on my side when i brought up the Frame rate issue.

Thanks again!
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Ninja Scroll
01-14-2003, 02:39 PM

Actually I gotta correct you on dat one bro. NBA2K3 & NFL2K3 let you see what everyone else is playing too!

And on top of that lets say your playing NFL2K3, you can view da scores of all your friends dat are playing and it updates every few seconds.
I like watching scores of dudes in our XBA NFL2K3 league too!:)

darianX
01-14-2003, 03:09 PM
I don't care how long and hard 1 person complains...I still don't see any problems with the framerate. So there.

studepaber
01-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by darianX
I don't care how long and hard 1 person complains...I still don't see any problems with the framerate. So there.

Errrr try opening your eyes! j/k...But really there IS something wrong with it, why else would the devs go through all the trouble to include it in a patch? When you're playing and there's 5-16 people on screen at once you can't tell me you don't notice considerable slowdown in the framerate.

xboxman_1
01-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Jjax, dont act like you were all alone!! Me and Heaven'sGate were on your side in the eternal battle against UC's crappiness!!

JJaX
01-14-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
Jjax, dont act like you were all alone!! Me and Heaven'sGate were on your side in the eternal battle against UC's crappiness!!

I salute you! :)

JJaX
01-14-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by darianX

Well if you dont see it, that doesnt mean its not really there.

Stop playing your xbox on a portable black and white tv.

Heavens Gate
01-15-2003, 06:28 AM
I personally can't see them fixing the framerate without totally revamping the game, or, adding better maps and TAKING THE TIME to give them optimum performance. I also took UC back and bought the PS2 UT and have it for PC. The frame rate was baaad with a CAP B. Here's the link to read more

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/382/382464p1.html

xboxman_1
01-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Well if you dont see it, that doesnt mean its not really there. Stop playing your xbox on a portable black and white tv.

Tru dat dogg, tru dat.