PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam Problems!!!

Mega Gamer
01-14-2003, 06:00 PM
I just rented Serious Sam, because my friend just bought the game for 20 bucks at target, and i put in the disk, stared it up and when it was loading the first level it froze. I restarted the xbox and tried again, and it happened again. I shut off the xbox and then tried again. This time it didnt even get into the game. Every time it froze a message poped up and said that the disk was dirty or broken. My friend got the same message a few times also, but his works. Theres only a few scratches on the disk and my xbox is perfectly fine. Are all the Serious Sam games screwed up? Why would they have it so cheap?:) :) :) :) :)

Laxeph
01-14-2003, 06:06 PM
Yeah, all Serious Sam games are messed up. That is why they are so cheap.[/ENDSARCASM]

VeNoMiZA
01-14-2003, 06:32 PM
DUCK DUCK

Mega Gamer
01-14-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
DUCK DUCK

?????????????

bbchs_trash
01-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Uhhh... your friends got ripped off. Laugh at him. You can get the game for $10 dollars at EB... just look for a stack of coupons next to the register. They have one for $10 bucks off. So you get it for $10... so once again laugh at your friend. Serious Sam lags very badly... and your not even online. Think 56k with HALO... then your thinking single player Serious Sam. Not bad for $10 bucks though... I got it....

Laxeph
01-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Serious Sam for $10!?!? I might have to check this shnit out.

Kraft
01-14-2003, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I've had no problems with my copy freezing the xbox, and at anything 20 bucks and below, the game is a good deal. I've had a ton of fun playing it.

Sleazy P Martini
01-14-2003, 08:08 PM
I had the same problems with Serious Sam. The game skipped and sputtered all the time, and gave me the dirty disk error. But that was with my old Xbox (the fan seemed to stop working and she got hella hot) I haven't played it with my new one yet, so I don't know if it was actually the game or my Xbox.

Uchiha Sasuke
01-14-2003, 08:34 PM
I have serious sam.I have not had any problems yet even when the action gets extremely heavy.

siayajin
01-14-2003, 08:44 PM
I'm pretty that there were problems with the first release of Serious Sam games. My game would do the same as described in the first post.

Gotham Games replaced it for me though after i sent it back. The new cd I got is performing flawlessly so far.

Contact support@gothamgames.com for info on getting a replacement.

Professor Kaos
01-14-2003, 09:02 PM
Im the friend and it really doesnt bother me, i got the dirty disk error like 3 times and it skips a little but never when there is alot going on. The first time i put in BMX XXX tonight it gave me the disk error. Both disks are clean, so what should I do? Get a lens cleaner? Call 1-800-4MY-XBOX?

BTW **** YOU bbchs_trash.

Ok, I am getting seriously tired of people dodging the curse word censors... like tired to the point of if I catch people doing it anymore I'll start banning. THE CENSOR IS THERE FOR A REASON. IF WE WANTED CUSSING, WE WOULDN'T HAVE PUT A CENSOR IN!!!! Hopefully that was clear enough for you.

Kraft-XBA

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 07:27 AM
I've been hearing that their have been problems with Seious Sam's the have certain serial numbers. That's why the game is staying 100 ft away from my Xbox.;)

Acid Snow
01-16-2003, 09:59 AM
READ --->

""""bad copy. the distributor released an entire batch of bad copies, so unfortunately if you go to return you could very well end up with another bad copy. there are other threads about this but basically if the serial number is listed around the inner hole followed by a space and "3" then it's a bad copy.""""

Leo
01-17-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Mega Gamer
I just rented Serious Sam, because my friend just bought the game for 20 bucks at target, and i put in the disk, stared it up and when it was loading the first level it froze. I restarted the xbox and tried again, and it happened again. I shut off the xbox and then tried again. This time it didnt even get into the game. Every time it froze a message poped up and said that the disk was dirty or broken. My friend got the same message a few times also, but his works. Theres only a few scratches on the disk and my xbox is perfectly fine. Are all the Serious Sam games screwed up? Why would they have it so cheap?:) :) :) :) :)

I own Serious Sam. First I rented at BlockBuster I loved it and bought it at EBgames. When I put the EBgames Serious Sam disk I had thesame problem, BUT I still have the Serious Sam rented disk so when i put the rented disc it worked fine. But the Ebgames disk worked really bad it froze! So guess what I did I put the Ebgames disk into blockbuster box, but the rented one I used as new!

The EBgames disc was scratchd that's why it didn't work it was new thou. It's really weird.

Arrix
01-17-2003, 07:04 PM
When i first rented Halo, it looked like it had been scratched with a piece of glass. A lot of rentals don't work because of the poor condition.