PDA

View Full Version : are they worth it?

Viper87227
01-14-2003, 10:17 PM
I was thinking about getting either Unreal Championchip or MechAssault but I don't have Live and don't plan on getting it. On top of that all my friends are anti xbox ps2 fanboys so they wont ply with me, so based only on the single player aspect, are these games worth the $50 price tag?

VenoM
01-14-2003, 10:22 PM
no..without xbox live id say those 2 games arent worth 50 bucks...especially unreal which just isnt good offline...why arent you getting xbox live :confused: your missing out:(

Viper87227
01-14-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
no..without xbox live id say those 2 games arent worth 50 bucks...especially unreal which just isnt good offline...why arent you getting xbox live :confused: your missing out:(

I want it, but no broadband in my area. I would get live in a heartbeat if I did, but alas I will playing online with my PS2 untill i can get live.

VenoM
01-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227

I want it, but no broadband in my area. I would get live in a heartbeat if I did, but alas I will playing online with my PS2 untill i can get live.

ahh that sucks :( if anything get mechassault since it does have a single player story mode unlike unreal but i surely wouldnt spend 50 bucks on those 2 games without live support

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 09:58 AM
I didn't think MechAssault was that bad for single player and I'd probably like Unreal offline. I think its more fun playing bots.:)

thunder
01-15-2003, 10:48 AM
the only people who think it's more fun playing bots are the people who don't have the skill to play verus other people

AlBoogy
01-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Them is fightin words Burning. jk

Anyway, your friends blow.

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by thunder
the only people who think it's more fun playing bots are the people who don't have the skill to play verus other people No, it's because I have no friends to play it with. My close friends hate videogames so I always play by myself. My friends also hate Xbox.

VenoM
01-15-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I didn't think MechAssault was that bad for single player and I'd probably like Unreal offline. I think its more fun playing bots.:)

unreal is meant to be played online...unreal without online is pretty useless...playing bots is like practicing....if ya cant play online then why are you practicing on bots since your not gonna be able to play online anyways...would be just a total waste of time imo....know what i mean :confused: mechassault atleast has a story mode so mechassault would be the better choice

Viper87227
01-15-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Them is fightin words Burning. jk

Anyway, your friends blow.

I keep trying to tell them that but they don't listen. I think I will lock them in a room with nothing by a tv, and xbox, 4 ontrollers, and halo.

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
unreal is meant to be played online...unreal without online is pretty useless...playing bots is like practicing....if ya cant play online then why are you practicing on bots since your not gonna be able to play online anyways...would be just a total waste of time imo....know what i mean :confused: mechassault atleast has a story mode so mechassault would be the better choice I thought Unreal on Dreamcast was fine Offline. I used to spend my time playing bots on Alien Front Online and Bomberman Online for Dreamcast. I can seem to understand what's the problem with playing with bots. When you don't really have any friends, bots are fine enough.

wbio
01-15-2003, 04:23 PM
I actually like the MechAssault single player a lot. It is definetly more fun if you have Live, but I would probably get it even without Live. I would not have gotten Unreal if I didn't have Live because I personally do not like playing bots.

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by wbio
I actually like the MechAssault single player a lot. It is definetly more fun if you have Live, but I would probably get it even without Live. I would not have gotten Unreal if I didn't have Live because I personally do not like playing bots. I kind of though I was the only one who liked MechAssault single player. I personally found it to be enjoyable altough I don't have Live. I found myself wanting to replay the missions since they were enjoyable.:)

wbio
01-15-2003, 06:26 PM
I kind of though I was the only one who liked MechAssault single player. I personally found it to be enjoyable altough I don't have Live. I found myself wanting to replay the missions since they were enjoyable.:)

I have XBL but I still play the single player MechAssault because I like it. It's addictive!:)

Stormlord
01-15-2003, 06:54 PM
Yeah Mech Assault would be the best choice. And when (have faith) broadband is available in your area for you beating Mech assault you've unlocked a strong Mech to play online. But hey if you still havew doubts just get Splinter Cell or Ghost Recon. They both offer a great single-player. :) :D :D :cool:

Viper87227
01-15-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
Yeah Mech Assault would be the best choice. And when (have faith) broadband is available in your area for you beating Mech assault you've unlocked a strong Mech to play online. But hey if you still havew doubts just get Splinter Cell or Ghost Recon. They both offer a great single-player. :) :D :D :cool:

Well, I dont like Splinter Cell at all, but I have been looking into ghost recon. But the biggest thing I want to know is can you play in 3rd person like SOCOM on PS2 or is it 1st person view only. Also, how does it compare to SOCOM and Conflict: Desert Storm?

Stormlord
01-15-2003, 08:17 PM
It's only in first-person. SOCOM is good and very comparible. But I play Ghost Recon more. Conflict has some strategy but you can't really set way point for your team. SOCOM and Ghost Recon are both hard to tell which is better. But for multiplayer, I'd go with GR because I heard Socom multi sucks, plus I lost my headset for it and I can't get my hands on a PS2 adaptor. If in doubt save up $15 and go to Blockbuster and rent them all. See what you like the most. :D :) :cool:

LTM360
01-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Dont get either, just get a different game. Splinter Cell? MechAssault got boring in a few days Single-player, and Unreal is fun for like a day without LIVE.

NINE BREAKER
01-17-2003, 01:16 AM
They are both good games. Mech Assault being better because of the single player, which is awesome, and the multi player is really good too. But it rules on Live.

I liked UC as well. People with a problem with the bots sucking need turn the difficulty up. What, are you guys affraid to admit to getting your @ss handed to you by a bot? The single player mode is lame at best, but gives you a feel for the game. I don't have Live yet:mad: , credit card issues, but have played it on Live, and yes it is 10x better. But don't let a good multi-player game pass you by.

But I'd say that 'Mech Assualt is deffinatly worth the $50, UC maybe not, IMO

Viper87227
01-17-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by NINE BREAKER
They are both good games. Mech Assault being better because of the single player, which is awesome, and the multi player is really good too. But it rules on Live.

I liked UC as well. People with a problem with the bots sucking need turn the difficulty up. What, are you guys affraid to admit to getting your @ss handed to you by a bot? The single player mode is lame at best, but gives you a feel for the game. I don't have Live yet:mad: , credit card issues, but have played it on Live, and yes it is 10x better. But don't let a good multi-player game pass you by.

But I'd say that 'Mech Assualt is deffinatly worth the $50, UC maybe not, IMO

i know this is a very n00b question, but what does IMO stand for?

NINE BREAKER
01-17-2003, 02:31 AM
Nah, there are no stupid (noob) questions, just stupid answers.
IMO= in my opinion

Cool? Cool.

wbio
01-20-2003, 10:12 AM
I think that MechAssault over xbox live is great. It is also very good as a single player game imo, but I only like Unreal on Live. I just don't like playing bots. If you like playing against bots, then you would like it, but I play it as a purely multiplayer game.

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by wbio
I think that MechAssault over xbox live is great. It is also very good as a single player game imo, but I only like Unreal on Live. I just don't like playing bots. If you like playing against bots, then you would like it, but I play it as a purely multiplayer game. I never tried to play anyone at MechAssault or Unreal so I don't know who much more fun it is not playing bots.;) Actually, I don't think anyone has played me at any other Xbox game besides Project Gotham, Fuzion Frenzy, and Dead or Alive 3.

It might be because I never tell anyone about all the videogame systems I own that live by me.:D

No Fear 23
01-20-2003, 10:54 AM
i dont like mechassualt. when i 1st bought ma when i ahd no live. i thought the single player would be awesome. but it wasnt, so i took it back 2 days later when i was halfway through the game. everything was too repeative. i have UC is it is awesome. i was playing that game for 2 months straight until broadband finaly came in my area. i beleive the bots are smart in each difficulity level. (depends on how good u are). If you dont have neone to play with(like ur pos2 friends dont want to play with u), get UC. Mechassualt does not have bots and u can only play the single player mode. in UC u can play capture the flag, bombing run (my fav.) deathamtch, team death match, survival, double domination with the bots. it is pretty fun. there are sometimes in the game that i was cheering on my teamate bot trying to score the winning run in bombing run while im covering his back. u can increase the bots difficulity from novice-skilled-masterful-godlike. godlike mode is pretty damn hard if u want a good challenge.

the question is, why get a game like MA that dosent have bots in multiplayer when your friends (pos2 fanboys) dont want to play with you, when you can play UC that has bots in multiplayer???

the answer, UC

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by irule23
i dont like mechassualt. when i 1st bought ma when i ahd no live. i thought the single player would be awesome. but it wasnt, so i took it back 2 days later when i was halfway through the game. everything was too repeative. i have UC is it is awesome. i was playing that game for 2 months straight until broadband finaly came in my area. i beleive the bots are smart in each difficulity level. (depends on how good u are). If you dont have neone to play with(like ur pos2 friends dont want to play with u), get UC. Mechassualt does not have bots and u can only play the single player mode. in UC u can play capture the flag, bombing run (my fav.) deathamtch, team death match, survival, double domination with the bots. it is pretty fun. there are sometimes in the game that i was cheering on my teamate bot trying to score the winning run in bombing run while im covering his back. u can increase the bots difficulity from novice-skilled-masterful-godlike. godlike mode is pretty damn hard if u want a good challenge.

the question is, why get a game like MA that dosent have bots in multiplayer when your friends (pos2 fanboys) dont want to play with you, when you can play UC that has bots in multiplayer???

the answer, UC I agree with you right there. It's not too bad playing bots because my friends are PS2 fanboys and they refuse to paly Xbox. Actually, they won't talk to me because I own an Xbox. That's why I own a Playstation 2, just to make them happy.

Stormlord
01-20-2003, 05:56 PM
I agree with you right there. It's not too bad playing bots because my friends are PS2 fanboys and they refuse to paly Xbox. Actually, they won't talk to me because I own an Xbox. That's why I own a Playstation 2, just to make them happy.

If they didn't talk to you for having an Xbox then you should have beat the crap out of them. What kind of retards do you hang out with? If they're girls then I'll understand but if they're guys they deserve an atomic wegdie. :D :) :D :) :cool:

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
If they didn't talk to you for having an Xbox then you should have beat the crap out of them. What kind of retards do you hang out with? If they're girls then I'll understand but if they're guys they deserve an atomic wegdie. A little off topic but that explains to why I average over 50 post a day. I don't have any friends I can talk to.:(

Stormlord
01-20-2003, 06:15 PM
You have me to talk to. :) :D :) :D :)

No Fear 23
01-20-2003, 06:42 PM
or me:)

pm me netime :)